Apollonia.png
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2013

On this issue:
Wars and Stats
Interviews
What Do You Think?
Obituary

Wars and Stats
War! Sesame Street and Psychopathic Indulgences have dissolved the NAP they had in place and have declared war on each other. SS was at war with Shadow Legion (Redbeards Crew) and when PI decided to make SL their academy the NAP between them and SS was broken. After that SS continued taking cities from SL until its disbandment. So far there have been over 20 conquests combined with Sesame Street having the most.

War StatsSS vs PISS vs PTTM vs PITM vs PTTotal
13 - 0​
2 - 0​
10 - 3​
1 - 0​
26 - 3​

The war between Najistan and Unknown is still going but there was only two conquests made this week. Tetrahydrocarbon420 claims that they have been rebuilding since their first op and that Unknown had a op against them but were unsuccessful.

War StatsNajistan vs Unknown
6 - 0​

Reservoir Dogs continue moving to Ocean 35 and taking cities from Sons of Odin and Honour of Odin. Now that Sesame Street is at war with Psychopathic Indulgences they will get a chance to regroup and reorganize.

War StatsRD+RP vs SS+TMRD+RP vs SoO+HoO
3 - 27​
41 - 0​

Renegades has losing cities to both Isitaos Gods of War and Reunited. It will be though for Renegades to stay alive as they are facing a total of five alliances. However according to anonymous sources IGoW bigger players are not only feeding on inactives but small active members. It could all just be a brawl between PetrisV and urwill.

Bunniez, who recently climbed to the ten spot, found themselves under attack by Up Your Oars. No war has been confirmed yet.

Anonymous has been taking cities from Honey Badgers which will help them grow stronger in Ocean 54. They also lost one city to PI but they been at war with SS this may not escalate to anything more than that.

Interviews
Sesame Street
Lord shew, Lord Tidas, and SmiffKnight recently joined the alliance, did they asked to join or were they recruited?
Two conquests have been made against Psychopathic Indulgences, has war been declared?

You'd have to ask either Shew or paul bruce about him joining, I don't do the recruiting so I don't know who got in touch with who. But I know that Shew was uncomfortable with a lot of the leadership decisions being made like them taking in SL as anothr academy, which is coincidentally the reason we decided to break the NAP with PI and declare war. We are currently in the middle of an op on them with 12 cities taken so far.

Who made the first offensive move?
I can't place who attacked first, I know they went for a city first, as they were prepared for an op and we were just finishing one when the NAP was dissolved.

Those players that joined claim that leadership was not doing a good job, do you think that that will play a factor in this war?
As for leadership, I think it will definitely factor into the war, they have already made many poor moves including taking in a lot of dead weight from SL, and trying to force previous SL members to join RD despite a feud between the alliances and causing those members to leave and create a new alliance, also they have postponed ops on us multiple times which is never a good idea.
Would you like to comment on the war against Psychopathic Indulgences? How would you rate their offense and defense?
The Beards had an OP on us ~2 days ago noaw. Went well for us, only 2 cities acually got revolted. iirc they were held. The 12th rolls around and our OP is launched, so far 19 cities taken so far. They had a lot off offense left in their cities surprisingly, and so lost quite a bit. Seemed Like we were able to roam wild almost. Sadly I wasted most of my offense like a moron cause the day before I forgot about the OP and got bored.

After the initial hits, mostly being successes the beards started changing their names. When it came around to when the CS landings for the most part SS was able to coordinate well, and take their targets. Rather noticeably my target seemed to get no help from anyone else, while I got all the help I needed with his birs. They did do a decent job protecting sadkuk55 though. Most % of failure vs that person.

Round this time of CS's starting to land/RRs starting to end the Psychopaths started attacking back. They've gotten ~15-20 revolts thru it looks. Most look like they're getting all the support they'll need.

Overall I think they were overconfident, then somewhat shocked, but getting their feet under themselves again. They've lost a lot, and so I think the psychological edge is ours. High moral all around here. Their OP needs to end before I can give a final call but I think that we won this round. Possibly by a crushing amount. Looks like it will be a entertaining fight. I also appreciated the "baby seals" name when the CS's were going in. "Like clubbing baby seals"
Would you like to comment on the war against Psychopathic Indulgences? How would you rate their offense and defense?
We haven't seen the extent of their offense yet.
But their defense has been pretty good so far. With all the revolts we handed them, they deserve some credit for only losing 22 cities so far. However they must continue to defend because our op is not over yet.
Psychopathic Indulgences
lord shew, Lord Tidas, and SmiffKnight left the alliance and joined Sesame Street, do you know why they left? Any comments on that?
Well, shew, LT and Smiff left to join SS. I presume you've already interviewed them so you can read what they have to say for themselves

Sesame Street has made some conquests against you, has war been declared?
We are currently at war with Sesame Street and The Muppets.
Would you like to comment on the war against Sesame Street?
Not sure you know what went down with the banning issues we had on Friday/Saturday.
Lets just say inno game went ban crazy rather than asking the leader that changed our name to change it again.
would have been interesting to see what would have happened sat if our banned players, would have been able to help defend against revolts and stacking of cities.
Najistan
How is the war against Unknown going?
the war is going very good

Why have there been so little conquests?
because we have mainly been rebuilding , besides our first op there have been no other conquest attempts on our side besides the capture of blackknights city this morning , they tried an op on us last night , we went from10th in dbp to 6th and they barely made a dent in our defense

How difficult was it taking a city from Black Knight112?
it was pretty easy actually ,i didnt time my attacks but i think i tricked them by sending 2 cs
The Muppets
Are you and Sesame Street at war with Psychopathic Indulgences?
Yes we are, amongst others.

How difficult was it taking cities from them?
As with all alliances, for some of the players it has been very easy to take; and there has been other players who have proved a valiant opponent and I commend them on their sniping abilities.
Well for as many academey's or sister alliance's and pacts they have its been weak for both
Unknown
How is the war against Najistan?
The war its going pretty slow.

They conquered one of your cities, any comments about that?
Well yes they did, not the end of the world.
Dark Matter
Why start a new alliance?
As you know Dark Void is Dragonz Guild, so the reason I created this is because DragonX Guild's leader callinectes went inactive and no one else had leader rights so KungPaoChicken told me too make a new academy alliance Dark Matter and so far it is going good.
The following interviews are from players that left PI and joined SS.

Lord Tidas
Why did you left PI and joined SS?
Well there was nothing wrong with the members of that alliance. They are very skilled fighters and I became friends with many of them, including those who left with me. Unfortunately, the leadership was not going in a direction that i felt was best for my friends and I. I did not agree with some of the decisions made before our departure and our friendship with a player (to be left anonymous) affiliated with Sesame Street explained their goal as an alliance, which we mutually agreed on. It was just a better fit for my friends and I and we could not have been more right. This alliance welcomed us with open arms and we feel like we have found our home here.
lord shew
We did not agree with what the leaders had done with the alliance, and the poor choices they were making. It was falling apart from the inside. We did not have a voice there. It was no longer the alliance I joined. We lost our faith in it so we went elsewhere.
SmiffKnight
Why did I leave... well with the exception of SamuraiDragon and ramborocky, not one of the leaders had a clue what they were doing and were running the alliance into the dirt... wasn't going to stick around for that.

Liked most of the players I interacted with, but had to make the best decision for myself and that council just wasnt cutting it. They were all good players, but failed as leaders because they refused to listen to anyone's ideas but their own. Personally, I believe if you aren't open to criticism, then you shouldn't be leading.

Oh and Sesame Street rocks. We've taken 18 cities so far this weekend from whatever they are calling themselves now.. they change their name every 5 minutes.

What Do You Think?
Topic: Sesame Street vs Psychopathic Indulgences (academies included)

This weeks news is the war between the top 2 alliances. I asked players the following questions: Who do you think will win this war? and why do you think that alliance will win?

Can't tell, for the now I have to give it to Sesame Street. Slightly batter cities positioning on the map,more player with higher cities number, can't tell about the rest, no idea on their inside.
Looks to me as though Sesame Street will prevail at this stage. SS got the drop on PI recently with 10 cities taken in 24 hrs!! Added to that is what appears to be some type of internal conflict in the Psychopathic Indulgences group only time will of course tell whether this restructuring is for the good of the group.
I think Sesame Street (SS) will win over Psychopathic Indulgences (PI). Because I believe SS have stronger and more active members, hence more attacks. While I don't know what allies they may have. SS have proven themselves that they do have friends willing to help them. I have received a PI attack on one of my cities and their M.O. of sending 100s of Light Ships mixed with ground units is can be a bit nerve racking. It was only with help of my alliance that we was able to stop them. We lost almost 1000 biremes on that fight against 3 PI members. I received enough BPs in that battle that I had 14 Victory Parades. So they have left me alone for the time being. I've also seen PI conquer a city then securing it with 7 slingers & 35 hoplites and 500 biremes so they are a well trained alliance and no one to trifle with. They can be beaten but it will take a equally war savvy alliance like SS to beat them. I believe the telling factor will be the qualities of the allies that will help the respected alliances as to who will win. My bet is SS.
I think SS will win because they have more battle experience than PI and SS's academy is much better than PI's academy
It's difficult to say who'll win this one since both are extremely competitive. Only one thing can be said with certainty, that this will be a long drawn war and lots of people will quit. However, if I have to choose one I'll take Sesame since the psycopath's academies are not up to the mark in defense(speaking from experience).
Both alliances are equally strong, either side is capable of being victorious.
I have played whit several players in other worlds of both alliances, I think this will be a long battle, finally I think Psychopathic Indulgences will win the battle. But thinking even stronger than that i think Silver Knights will win this world.
I have no idea who will win this war. I have never played with of any the players in the respective alliances and therefore cannot give a judgement on their abilities. If I'm to go purely by stats then I'd say both alliances have some outstanding players. I guess it will come down to who's got the best thought-out plan, the best allies and who can outlast the other. It should be a great war though!
Well i think the Psychopathic Indulgences will win the war because they are more working as a team and are better organized. They are also the ones who are having big fun in playing Grepolis because of there continues changing there ally name in something funny. You could see that LETHALEE from Sesame Street left the ally and came back again and that means its not so tight as it seems over there. The Psychopathic Indulgences are also more involved with there academies.
I have no idea. I haven't payed any attention to those alliances and don't know their positions in the world or what kind of battle front they have. So, no question for me to answer. Only point i can make is that alliances with more than one academy will probably lose.
Sesame street, i guess.. (not sure tho, since nothing of this is happening near us). And why... I kinda think there is a lack of leadership in an alliance that can't even settle on a alliance name. obviously not in control.
I have not really come across these alliances so cannot give my opinion
I think SS will win this war. Actually, I'm pretty sure of it. The stats say almost everything about their 'war'. PI is a little bit unstable if you ask me. I've seen a couple allies who keep changing names and they didn't end up very well, most of them collapsed, and I think this will also happen with PI(and academies). The only strong point of PI is that they ´own´ OC44. I do not expect any resistance against them over there.

Obituary
Anajamois
Reason: Unknown; former member of Redbeards Crew (SL)
pettronel
Reason: Conquered by RD; former member of Sons of Odin
wigga313
Reason: Unkown; former member of The Muppets
Winterfell92
Reason: RL; member of Najistan
Redbeards Crew (SL)
Reason: Members joined PI/PT or AWOL
Semper Fi II
Reason: Unknown; some members joined Ocean76

Last edited:

DeletedUser30111

Great issue, I like the random opinions on the war
A couple people mentioned PI's name changing as a lack of stability, a little misguided.
Also wasn't there an alliance who won a early world that did the same?

DeletedUser

I love it!
+rep. Tbh, this is the most fun I've had in this server. The war isn't over yet, it's only day 1 :D

DeletedUser

Obituary missed one player btw.

Methinks this reps the first stage:
24fky77.jpg
Whether it pays off or not will be seen. ^_^

DeletedUser

I must note that, the leadership of PI/PT had been away for well over 12 hours just before SSs OP had started and over halfway through before the full leadership got back, so you definitely did have an edge in terms of revolts there. I would like to congratulate the guys at SS though. However this is far from over! :)

as for anajamois -- He quit due to rl.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17561

I must note that, the leadership of PI/PT had been away for well over 12 hours just before SSs OP had started and over halfway through before the full leadership got back, so you definitely did have an edge in terms of revolts there. I would like to congratulate the guys at SS though. However this is far from over! :)

as for anajamois -- He quit due to rl.

I find this issue to be totally irrelevant.

First - we all Skype it up big-time. People knew what was going on and could communicate. This is not the penalty box in ice hockey.

More to the point - an elite alliance will defend in the absence of anyone with leadership privs - and an elite alliance does not consist of people standing around with no idea of what to do until someone tells them (your argument implies this). SS, which has engaged in significant warfare activities constantly since bp dropped, can defend a large number of people with no requirement of having a leader online to orchestrate the defense. We have routinely defended players that were revolted and not online for the entire duration of the event. Sometimes multiple cities and sometimes more than one player.

I have said this before and will say it again. I think PT was (and still is) and excellent alliance but they made a huge mistake by deviating from core principals and trying bolt-on people and pacts to try and win a war. This approach has been a total failure on this server - and you had the benefit of watching the failures and yet went down the same road. You would be far better off with ex-PI guys in PI than the ones you took from SL. All the ex PT and SL guys are good players but what you don't have is alliance chemistry - you just have strangers who share a forum.

Now you get what you get - which will be arguably less than you deserve based on performance up to a week or so ago.

DeletedUser30111

I must note that, the leadership of PI/PT had been banned for well over 12 hours just before SSs OP had started and over halfway through before the full leadership got back, so you definitely did have an edge in terms of revolts there

I know Thresh posted his opinion, and I'll probably reiterate some of that, but saying this is the same as saying that your alliance consists of the 6 or so founders and without them, PI is goners. Even I would disagree with that point

DeletedUser

I know Thresh posted his opinion, and I'll probably reiterate some of that, but saying this is the same as saying that your alliance consists of the 6 or so founders and without them, PI is goners. Even I would disagree with that point
So would I but the lack of leadership just as you are being OP'd is a little worrying from a players point of view o_O

DeletedUser3303

my opinion in interview was, if i was not locked out, a lot of revolts would not have happened in O45 and we could have stacked cities instead of relying on snipes later when RR starts.

DeletedUser30111

The changed hadn't happened in the initial revolt stage, in fact after our fake revolts had landed and I was sending my target revolt, I noticed the name change and messaged Ash about it.

And do you guys have any excuse for YOUR first op? :p

DeletedUser17561

While it is true in fast unit speed worlds you have to defend the revolt - you would not have been able to defend a significant number singlehandedly. and cities that were stacked would have just been dropped in favor of other targets - the conquest total would have been about the same.

In fact, I think the rate limiting factor in taking cities was trying to coordinate that much conquest in a 24hrs period.

While I like the name changes, it is the sort of activity that has no upside and a lot of downside, as was evidenced in the OP. I would rethink the name change policy (I really liked GA - that pic was great)

DeletedUser

you seem to be suffering a bit at the moment sable, how many have we got in revolt ?

DeletedUser

Oh you have returned Don Parvino. The last time I saw you post on this forum you were bragging about how your alliance and there many allies were going to slaughter us. What were their name again?

But anyways its good to see you here again, even if you are bragging about how your alliance and their many allies are going to slaught... hang on this all seems familiar.

DeletedUser

I am not sure how things are going now. But a revolt and conquer is a revolt and conquer. No matter if they are inactive or not if they are in your alliance they are your responsibility.

DeletedUser30111

you seem to be suffering a bit at the moment sable, how many have we got in revolt ?

Our support tab never reached an unmanageable size, certainly nothing to brag about
And your city takes were not braggable either