On this issue:
Updates, Wars, and Stats
Biography
What Do You Think?
Fun Section
Obituary
Lottery

Updates, Wars, and Stats
Due to the Christmas attack break this past week there was not a lot of action in the world and it seems that it will be the same this week as the New Year attack break comes into place. So here are the scores of some of the war that have been going on.

**Pandoras Box** has been losing members.
Najistan / High Desert Mavericks
Untitled.png
Pandoras Box / *PB* / *PB*
175 - 12​

There was some action here last week.
Epilektoi / The Mecca Tash
Untitled.png
Sesame Street / The Muppets
Epilektoi / The Mecca Tash
Untitled.png
Anonymous
75 - 9​
95 - 1​

And they still stand.
Bunniez / JackRabbitz
Untitled.png
Anonymous
45 - 30​

Exile Immortals / .EI. / EI. / EMI.
Untitled.png
Anonymous
31 - 3​

Up Your Oars
Untitled.png
Torque
16 - 45​

Reunited
Untitled.png
Vengence
15 - 1​

Biography
Apollonia Times
Stats
Players​
Points​
Avg Pts​
Cities​
BP​
ABP​
DBP​
1​
7,871​
7871​
4​
13,534​
5,231​
8,303​
Rank
177​
159​
145​
174​
Best fighter: C4R105 9,912 ABP points

Apollonia Times was founded by C4R105 on September 6. Nearly a month later on October 2, C4 lost his only city to The snow, member of Honour of Odin. This brought great shame to Odin that he decided to punish them and sent Up Your Oars to destroy such alliance unworthy of bearing his name. Nearly two months later after the great lost C4 once again was robbed of his city on November 28. This time it was Josh2o2ver from the Bunniez. Their doom is coming.

What Do You Think?
For this section I interview players from Apollonia on a given subject or topic regarding the game.
This week’s topic is: tribute.
The topic was taken from a thread titled "Tribute?" created by The Smilodon Fatalis. The question was the following: If a player or alliance offered you or your alliance tribute to not attack or conquer them would you take it?
Here is what some of them had to say about it.
I think it's always best to listen to reason. Pleas of desperation do not warrant special treatment but you should always listen to what anyone has to say even if they are indifferent to your position. As a PB member I take great pride in the fact that we have not payed tribute to Naj or any others despite being out pointed because of the pride of the matter. I think standing and fighting for what you believe in means more than fighting for an alliance that thrives on what is apparently strong. Position is key and if a player or alliance made an offer that would strengthen my alliance, I would pass it on to leadership with some recommendation of what I think. Bottom line, I want to thrive in this game and be there in the end. I have have chosen my home and my friends and I will defend them mercilessly. If somebody comes along and asks for quarter, I will always listen but make make a decision based on the good of the alliance not my personnel feelings for the player.
I'm new to Grepolis (only played a few months now) and haven't run across this scenario yet, but I don't think I would accept a tribute in return for not attacking/conquering another alliance unless that tribute happens to be fully built cities. If we are just talking about resources and spells, then there is no way that I can even consider it. I'm pretty balanced in terms of which islands my cities are on and which resources are +, so I can easily trade between cities to get what I need. Being offered a tribute of resources just wouldn't be enough to keep me from attacking or conquering another alliance. Outside of being offered fully built cities at regular intervals, the only other think I may consider would be a certain amount of defensive support in cities that are on the front line of the war zone. Coming from a whole alliance, this would have to be a significant number though as I could just conquer the city and get the increased support I need anyway.
I can't talk on behalf of my alliance but as for me I would definitely not be interested in tribute. For someone to offer a tribute I would think they would be a smaller player. I believe that it's a bit twisted to take from smaller players. I prefer to play a bit more clean than that. I like to think I am approachable and if the reason why I should stop attacking is put to me in a decent way I might just listen if the city is not that important to me. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
sure I would take it, then I would probably take their cities anyways. Anyways most players use bots to farm so they don't need materials, that's how they can play the game without having their resource buildings maxed out. If Grepolis wanted to level the playing field they would pay more attention to that fact, or make it so everyone can use the bots. But again, they probably look the other way cause the largest money spenders are all using bots to cheat and get a leg up on the competition, just like they do using gold like it was water.
It depends on their battling skills, if they defend very well and also strike back sometimes I would go for it because it would give me some breathing room to attack players who are less skilled and give me more ABP with a good ratio.
If someone asked me that, the first thing that pops into my mind would be: 1) Are you trolling me? or 2) Are you such a nabcake.
No. 1 response would be, I will keeel you dead and then some!
No. 2 would be, relax mate I ain't interested in your city/cities if they ain't important location-wise for my alliance growth/safety. I would gladly send some res to you instead and give you some pointers. Enjoy your first round of Grepo because it might end fast.
I have found myself in this situation. I chose to erase them off the map. Made me happier than accepting tribute.
I would accept the tribute and upon receipt would probably launch attacks.
Depends on what the tribute is. If it was 50% of there cities then maybe.
No, most of the time's no.
A big fat NO if they were near me.
YHGTBFKM! No.

Fun Section
Looking through the forum I found this thread called “You know you’ve played too much Grepolis when…” So I decided to take what I thought were the best responses and posted them here. I have edited some of them to make them look more professional.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you respond to your in-game name in real life.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you log onto Facebook to find twelve message from your Facebook friends asking when you'll be back from vacation.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you only go to work so you can keep buying gold.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you yell your alliance name instead of your sports team at a game.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you make grand plans for your day off work and end up not leaving the house because "you're under attack".
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you haven't slept for 8 consecutive hours since the start of the world.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you set your watch to Grepolis time.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when your sleep schedule has adapted to wake you up every 5 minutes to check for incoming attacks.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you act like you are sick just to skip school and defend your cities.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you wonder who casts Earthquake on Japan so much.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you ask your little brother to spy your neighbors for 2001 silver coins.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you name your dog Cerberus.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you argue with your History teacher that Biremes were a defensive unit.
You know you've played too much Grepolis when you start writing newspapers for more than one world.

Obituary

Araloosu
Best rank: 24; 364,301 ABP
mootlip
Best rank: 5; 104,990 DBP
majik7
Best rank: 79
rfvdberg
101,336 DBP
BadKarma01
150,905 DBP
Francmon
johnsarah2
Kemo of Rouge
104,728 DBP
goldstruck
Best rank: 50
Legion of the shade
Red Dragon

Not even a week of existance

Lottery
Last week winner: #17 Raf3kik
Prize: 5 happiness spells
winner.png
This week lottery
Rules: Choose a number from 1 to 25.
Prize: 5 happiness spells and 500 BP. Good luck!

DeletedUser

You managed to make something out of nothing. Was a boring week on Grepo but you still managed to pull a rabbit out the hat! Well done. Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you C4! Keep up the good work. I will take #1

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

love the “You know you’ve played too much Grepolis when…” section
my answer would have been You know you’ve played too much Grepolis when you have trained your dog to wake you up by barking at red flashing swords on your computer screen :eek:

i will try #4 again
keep up the good work brother

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32498

It's amazing to see you're still writing newspapers. Keep up the good work. :D

DeletedUser44484

"This time it was Josh2o2ver from the Bunniez. Their doom is coming" soo when do we see this happening? =)