Updates
Wars and Stats
Ocean Control
What Do You Think?
Fun Section
Obituary
Lottery

updates.png
On January 1, Najistan declared war against Epilektoi. Minutes after the New Year's Peacetime was over attacks landed in Epilektoi cities. According to tetrahydrocarbon420, "it was because we need[ed] a legit enemy to fight, and hopefully epil will actually attack us back, we have had it a bit harder than most top alliances because naj can only gain bp by attacking whereas most alliances get dbp and abp, so we hope this war is a nice change of pace." However, it looks like their plan did not worked as well as they thought it would as eleven days have passed since war was declared and have only gained around 300,000 DBP but nearly 1,000,000 in ABP. So far only a few conquests have been made and only one has been from an active player all others were from inactives. Reservoir Dogs are moving south into Oceans 36 and 46 and The Delian League shows no sign of resistance. They have been able to take some cities from RD but most of their conquests have been internals. United Spartan Army lost a good amount of players these past days due to Bunniez' harassment. Some of them joined other alliances and other went inactive. Bunniez have also been doing a lot of conquests these days as they made the most conquests these past two weeks.

Wa_S.png

If you are looking for entertainment look somewhere else because this ain't it.
Najistan/HDM vs Epilektoi/TMT
1 - 5​

Najistan/HDM vs Pandoras Box/*PB*/**PB**
220 - 12​

Bunniez/JR vs United Spartan Army/TLA
54 - 0​

Up Your Oars vs Torque
16 - 53​

Reunited vs Vengence
22 - 1​

image.png
Let's start with Ocean 54. The alliances that have more cities in 54 are .Exile Immortals. and Epilektoi. Najistan has a few cities here and now that they are at war with Epilektoi the could be potential targets but so far we have not seen much from them so it would not be a surprise to see if Najistan continues moving into 54. .Exile Immortals owns a good amount of cities in this ocean and they could very well take control of it.
Najistan = Red
Reservoir Dogs = Green
Epilektoi = Blue
Bunniez = Yellow
.Exile Immortals. = Purple
Sesame Street = Light Green
Naj.png
image.png
Epi.png
Bun.png
image.png
image.png
Ocean 55 is less crowded. Najistan owns the majority of the cities but they also share the Ocean with Epilektoi. I was told that Najistan did not had the motivation to attack Epilektoi but when enemy cities are right next to yours I don't know what more is needed to motivate players unless all they want is to take cities without a fight.
Najistan = Red
Reservoir Dogs = Green
Epilektoi = Blue
Sesame Street = Yellow
Naj55.png
RD55.png
Epi55.png
SS55.png

WDYT.png
For this section I interviewed the top 100 players from Apollonia on the topic of starting late on this world. This is what some of them had to say about it.
Question: What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of joining a world such as Apollonia?
As a newcomer to Grepo, Apollonia in particular myself, I would like to say it has been a great experience so far. There are a lot of benefits that make it a great site for veteran conquer world players and new comers alike.

The people have been far more polite, less bullying and abusive and easy to talk to then any other war game I have ever played, friend and foe alike. How much that has to do with temperament and easy going attitude, I can't say, but it has been a very enjoyable experience so far.

The limited army size, mid speed built times and anti timer along with the 12 hour waiting period between setting a revolt and finishing the conquer make it possible for anyone to succeed.

Add to those features; the island farms help the more timid players collect resources above their cities production. In these, you are rewarded by how active you are and how much you re invest back into them and help guide you through what troops are best used against other troops, the importance of walls and the roll they play in defending their cities. As well, one of the features I like the most, is how clean the islands are kept, by this I mean from inactive players.

One thing very beneficial is the vacation mode, you can take a holiday or take a break from the game if real life becomes to hectic to be on everyday....abused by some in times of war, but you can't win them all.

There are a couple of things I would like to see changed, such as the way the anti timer works and the length of time backwards/forwards it jumps, as well as warehouse size limit, but those are subjects for a different time.
Pros
1. Don't have to battle the heavy money users as generally they fight it out in the center of the world.
2. Don't have to wait entire time to get to WW era.
3. Will enter the world on the outer edge of the world where the fighting is less intense, but many players are heartless cowards and will attack anyone weaker than themselves.
4. But any new players to Grepo should try and join an alliance in your area and grow quickly, this isn't sim city, you must build def troops and your walls quickly.
5. Then search out a very large player not in your area and ask how to play, they will be less likely to attack you because of distance,

Cons
1.You are at the mercy of those already getting pawned, or those pawning others.
2. Many peeps are cowards and pick on the weak.
I think their are both many advantages and disadvantages to starting a world such as Appolonia that is halfway to world wonder stage.
- less likely to burn yourself out and quit
- less competition on the rim
- better positioned for world wonders
- allowance on being less active
only attacked from one direction

disadvantages:
- less competitive
- not as enjoyable and action packed
- less cities than those who have played since the beginning
I cannot say for sure if there is any benefit in joining any world late on. I guess it depends on your aim. If you're planning on winning the server then a low alliance cap world like Apollonia is probably not the best place to do it.

For one, the top alliances will have already established themselves and will possess a good roster of players - some which will inevitably drop out but to be replenished from other alliances or from academies. Joining late on also means you start on the rim(unless invited) whereas the alliances that will most likely be in contention for WW Era will be in the core.

However, if you're just looking for fun and games with no real goal other than to kick some butt, then Appo is great! Speed 2 + unit speed 4 = Blitzkrieg!
I would say it is a waste of time. The winning alliance has already been formed (whichever that may be) so there is no way that joining now could give you a shot at a crown. There are new worlds opening all the time. I would suggest that they join there not here. This world is too far along for them to get big enough to make it into any of the top alliances.
There are definitely pros and cons in joining a world this late. Considering you have good friends who would back you up, joining at this stage is definitely appropriate and you would definitely survive with a decent alliance. There are many advantages joining at this time such as starting out at the rim where it is quieter and making your way to the core. For leisure gaming I guess it would be better to start late in the world as well pertaining to the issue of location.

The answers for disadvantages of joining a world this late is quite cliched', well if you join this late you face the issue of getting rimmed immediately when you are out of bp. Constantly getting farmed will stunt your growth as well. So this returns back to the issue of friendship that you have with other players which will affect whether you are suitable to start at such a late stage.
I think it really doesn't matter much which world you join or at whatever stage before WW. The biggest advantages and disadvantages are always within the player who joins him/herself. How good are you at this game and who do you know. At this stage of the game there are a lot of good cities available from inactives. So if you're able to get the culture fast, you will also be able to grow to a decent amount of useful cities fast and contribute like any early starter.
I'm not really sure what the advantage to joining at this point would be. Lots of things are established, and unless you get lucky and form some Rim Alliance full of super-awesomely active players, you're going to be crushed. I guess you could work on your defense, though.
I think people who join late will be cleaned up quickly. Most of the big alliances are set. My advice would be to not build your cities over 7k before you start taking more cities and find a good alliance.
There could be a number of reasons a player is joining the world this late, none of which is, they plan on winning the world.
I'm guessing a player joining this late could either be recruiting for new world, or like myself, I'm tutoring some mates from real life that have never played world before, so asked them to join this world in the far rim and that way the players exp quality is low and they can learn the game for when this world is over and we join a new one.
The fact that every 'camp' has already been formed could be applied to both.
Advantage; benefit of growing how you want to grow. At least.. if you land in a alliance who controls that area, or when invited by friends.
Disadvantage; very easy to wipe out, once the city is big enough it is likely to be taken.

It would be very hard to start all by yourself/other new players, it is possible in the rim of the world; they will battle against other newcomers, but they won't go to war with the alliances which already have been formed.
Good thing is troop speed but starting off with 1 city is, well lets say sooo slow. But with a good team you can do well and good leaders to lead the way. I'm glad we have a good team and leaders.

image.png

For this section I decided to do a crossword puzzle about all the buildings in Grepolis.
If an answer contains more than one word there is no space between words.
The first person to post all the correct answers will win 1000 BP!
crossword_puzzle.png
crossword_clue.png

obituary.png

Kong Zeus
SirChazz
Oliva67
mathieu1949
Comentezi
AgentOrange245T24D
Veni Vidi Vici
The Last Alliance
Anonymous

lottery.png
Last week winner: #11 DivyanshuSharma
Prize: 5 happiness spells

Rules: Choose a number from 1 to 25.
Prize: 5 happiness spells + 300 BP. Good luck!

DeletedUser

Once again.. Nice issue! I will try the puzzle in a couple of hours.

DeletedUser19209

Nice issue. Great to see that u have continued writing the news thus far :)

DeletedUser38223

when did they get 5 on us ? i only know of 2 one from an inactive and one who was far away and offline

Edit: just looked it up , what happened was kong zues was kicked from ss , and several of his cities were revolted and taken we brought him in so we could save his cities for us , , they were counted as cities lost for us, oh well

edit: btw great issue :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just accept that you got a beatdown! You talk smack but can't back it up. As i clearly stated in another issue of this newspaper. Your turn will come Naji. As for now... We will continue with our own plan and finish up wiping the floor with SS and Anon. When it suits us and when we decide that it is time to take you down... Then you guys will feel our wrath. As for your recruitment program of spies in Epi... .

DeletedUser

I must say...I love reading your newspapers! They are very good, and I appreciate the time you take to make them! I love seeing members take part in these types of activities in their forums.

DeletedUser3303

when did they get 5 on us ? i only know of 2 one from an inactive and one who was far away and offline

Edit: just looked it up , what happened was kong zues was kicked from ss , and several of his cities were revolted and taken we brought him in so we could save his cities for us , , they were counted as cities lost for us, oh well

edit: btw great issue :p

the city i took was not offline mate, i spoke to him for ages while he was in revolt, really nice chap

DeletedUser3303

really nice issue btw mate, we should update on SS vs Epi as well

DeletedUser30490

damn this is the most issues i have ever seen for one world great papers C4
really great

DeletedUser

Good issue, a little puzzle in the morning :D

1. D (Divine Statue)
2. A (Academy)
3. M (Merchantsshop)
4. C (Cave)
5. S (Silver mine)
6. M (Market Place)
7. A (Agora)
8. F (Farm)
9. C (City Wall)
10. T (Temple)
11. H (Harbour)
12. B (Barracks)
13. T (Theatre)
14. T (Timber Camp)
15. W (Warehouse)
16. T (Tower)
17. O (Oracle)
18. L (Lighthouse)
18. L (Library)
19. T (Thermal Baths)
20. S (Senate)
21. Q (Quarry)

DeletedUser38223

Just accept that you got a beatdown! You talk smack but can't back it up. As i clearly stated in another issue of this newspaper. Your turn will come Naji. As for now... We will continue with our own plan and finish up wiping the floor with SS and Anon. When it suits us and when we decide that it is time to take you down... Then you guys will feel our wrath. As for your recruitment program of spies in Epi... .

lol from what we have seen exiles are better then epil,, we arnt to worried, and you didnt give us a beat down , kongs cities were lost when he joined , but i noticed after he joined you guys stopped going for more of his cities, because you were simply to scared, and you should be ..

btw c4 i will take 6 :)

DeletedUser30111

lol from what we have seen exiles are better then epil,, we arnt to worried, and you didnt give us a beat down , kongs cities were lost when he joined , but i noticed after he joined you guys stopped going for more of his cities, because you were simply to scared, and you should be ..

Not sure epilek's ever given anyone a beatdown, took them weeks to take out Anon, with the help of bunniez and exile immortals, and only ever took a handful of active cities from SS. If anything I was more worried about RD taking a city from me than Epi

DeletedUser

Hey all back from my fortnight holiday. Didn't want to waste gold on buying more VM.

Great issue. Really creative idea with the crossword as well; raising the bar/standard of newspaper as always well done.

I'll take #18.