SUNDAY, MARCH 16, 2014

On this issue:
Updates
Wars and Stats
What Do You Think?
Obituary
Lottery

updates.png
The war between Najistan and Epilektoi is now in a "ceasefire" and rather than thanking their coalition allies Epilektoi and the rest of the coalition turned on against .Exile Immortals. Neither of the leaders from both alliances answered my PM and I didn't bother to ask the members as they would have probably said nothing too. A few of the members fled to Najistan and other alliances. A new war seems to have broken out between Tequila Mockingbird and Pandoras Box. TM suffered some heavy losses this past weekend losing 19 cities in two days without counting their sister's. Reservoir Dogs, as predicted has been attacking Die Hard and Chickenhead Fan Club. Byzantium Warriors continues at war with the Delian League and despite a few loses they are holding their own.

Wa_S.png

Reservoir Dogs[SUP]*[/SUP] vs Die HardReservoir Dogs[SUP]*[/SUP] vs Chickenhead Fan Club[SUP]*[/SUP]
91 - 1​
36 - 11​

Pandoras Box[SUP]*[/SUP] vs Tequila Mockingbird[SUP]*[/SUP]
40 - 4​
[SUP]* Including academies[/SUP]​

WDYT.png
For this section I interviewed players from the top alliances about the Grepolis Roadmap 2014 and asked them what they thought about it. Here is what some of them had to say.
Aside from the enhancements to god and spells I don't see much to get excited about as it seems geared more towards attracting new players. Maybe as a result there will not be as many 175pt ghostowns. As for the browser-width graphics, I don't look at the city view anyhow, so it seems more for Farmville accolades than improved gameplay. In fact, every time I select a new city I have to waste the time it takes to "x" away that darn city view window to get to island view. Maybe in ten years they can make each city's view appear different than the next and have 3D renderings of battles in real-time. Maybe have Hera do a belly-dance or something to give the gods more personality.

Seriously though, the place that needs most improvement is the map-view, were you have to constantly zoom in and out to get city names and other important info. At least it should be as functional as grepointel maps.

I do look forward to easter eggs and hope some will have my 2Xbp bonuses and population land expansion and 600 horses in a city in 5 hours. So you can see I am not a complete grumpus and in fact like (love sometimes/others hate) this game very much.

Oh, and when can they get rid of the annoying text pop-ups that block the select buttons and slow down my resource collection. I'll have a talk with the merchant about that beautiful detail.
Im looking to the easter event thingy,it sounds cool,and its sounds that its gonna have some cool rewards.My least favourite is the full screen town overview,i dont believe i would use this even if it existed.
I like the ideas they gave in the "Gods and Spells Improvements" section, and I'm excited to see what they come up with. It would also be great if they could come up with a better World Wonders system, so if they do that would be the best of the bunch.
Everything they talked about seems like a good idea, so I'll just wait and see how it all turns out.
Richard said:
Rebalancing
This topic has been lying around for too long to be honest. All the details have already been discussed with the community and we know that our players finally want to see this done. And yeah, we will definitely tackle this!
Finally interested to see tiremes being put to good use I guess and if the rebalancing involves buildings then defo. looking forward to the offense tower.

Richard said:
World Wonder Revamp
Finally! Right? We know a lot of players have been waiting for this to happen and personally, we are also eagerly waiting for a change concerning the World Wonders. We still don't have a final decision, not to mention a concept. Maybe we will remove the World Wonders and introduce a completely new late-game feature to incentivize battles. Maybe some tweaks and changes to the existing World Wonders are enough... only Zeus knows!
Should I be worried or excited?
With this world and a few others so close to WWs, major changes may completely change up the game and those who have prepared since the beginning may be screwed over by these changes
*cough* RD *cough*

Richard said:
Casual Worlds
A hardcore game is not everyone's cup of tea. Grepolis is pretty harsh as you have to login regularly and everything can be taken from you. Grepolis is a cool experience, which is why we would like to open it up for a wider audience. One major rule for casual worlds will be that each player will have a capital town, which will have some benefits and which can never be conquered. Of course, there will be some more special rules, but these are not decided on yet.
Oh gheez, I hope this doesn't apply to all worlds, perhaps if they release these worlds like Hyper-Bore then sure that maybe alright but hopefully we still get our fair share of speed 2s and 3s of Revolt and Conquest

In short the roadmap is decent... it's been over due for way to long now, a lot of the changes should really have taken place back in 2013.
It all seems like typical rhetoric to me. They make it sound as if they are going to change the entire game but at the same time they can't even say that they have a plan in place. I would guess that the only thing we can be certain of is that by the end of the year this game will be even more gold based and harder for non gold users to survive in. Let's just hope they do better at working out the bugs before launching major changes this time around.
I think it is good to be informed by the developers of the immediate and longterm future plans and updates for the game.
Personally I am most anticipating the re-balancing of the game, as it was an idea brought to the forum many many months ago, and one I think is duly needed in the game.
I am also looking forward to a World Wonder revamp as at current state it is a very anti climatic end to grepolis worlds, and one that does not accurately represent the nature of the game.
I think they've got a good plan set out for this year. I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the world wonder revamp or for the gods and spells overhaul, but I do hope that they add more gods to the game, and maybe make Artemis a god for non-hero worlds as well (her stone spell would be really handy to have around)

obituary.png

lycanfist
CiaranIrl
Monazia
Barrel Of Monkeys

lottery.png
Last week winner: #10 SunnConure

Rules: Choose a number from 1 to 25.
Prize: 5 happiness spells

DeletedUser

This was actually the fast issue I have done it only took me like two hours max and honestly it's . I will try to do a better job next issue.

I was gonna say it's a bit short :) did you run out of time?

DeletedUser

I will take number 5 this week.

As for your predictions, I never saw where you said you expected the Dogs to continue to roll on against Die Hard and Chickens, but I am glad you were right.

DeletedUser

this forum dies with out your newspaper so even the short version is good to keep things going
i look forward to reading every issue!!
will stick with #4

(still +reping everyone I can who posts here so i can hit C4 up with another +rep)

DeletedUser42608

^^This is very true. We've all become dependent on the paper for any type of forum activity. There was a time when the news of a major player betraying his own ally would have sparked an instant pnp or two on any server forum. Or the following ghosting of the leader of the alliance that took in the traitor would have resulted in several pages of discussion or debate as to if taking in the traitor had anything to do with the ghosting. I think this forum would be completely dead if it weren't for the paper. For bringing something or anything at all here for us to read I thank you.

DeletedUser

^^This is very true. We've all become dependent on the paper for any type of forum activity. There was a time when the news of a major player betraying his own ally would have sparked an instant pnp or two on any server forum. Or the following ghosting of the leader of the alliance that took in the traitor would have resulted in several pages of discussion or debate as to if taking in the traitor had anything to do with the ghosting. I think this forum would be completely dead if it weren't for the paper. For bringing something or anything at all here for us to read I thank you.

Thanks for this post, I burst out laughing every time I read the word 'betray' or 'traitor' come from you.

Hahaha sorry their I go again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42608

Still mad about that huh? It was a while ago but I guess I don't blame you for still being mad. I imagine you did some work to get my group into SS, I'm sure you did feel betrayed when we left. I'm sure had we seen a few things done differently by other leaders we would still be there and SS would still be around. Unfortunately, and you should know this by now, the misdeeds of one leader brought about riffs between the leaders and all alliance members that wasn't going to be fixed. It must have stung to lose us when you didn't even do anything wrong and I am sorry about that. I can tell you though, at that point, I did a favor to you when I came in to skype and announced my groups departure because I also took out your spy (who I am sure you think is me, but it wasn't :p) So yeah, I'll proudly wear your traitor tag. I came out of grepo retirement just to see if I could get my friends to join your alliance with me and win the server. I told them that any alliance we join is the alliance that will win and we can go to SS and they will win. It just happens that at least one of the leaders was enough of a jerk to make me go into vm with the plans of retiring again. I didn't even come out of VM to depart, I was going to let you intenalize but you kicked me instead after I just removed your spy for you and was still on VM but you kept me in the skype room. I even yanked myself from that because I didn't want to deal with the ill mannered behavior there or be privy to any information that wasn't intended for me. Didn't you even wonder why I had stayed in VM and didn't go back over to RD immediately when I did come out? I'm not even sure why I came back out of VM and joined back up with RD, but I'm glad I did. Since I returned RD has probably been the most fun and rewarding alliance I have played with in all of my grepo time. It's virtually drama free over there too. It's almost funny all my ramblings here because you would think I should be mad at you for calling me a traitor but I am more mad at myself for coming out of retirement to waste the past 6 months of my time because I wanted to play in an alliance that didn't want to respect it's own members. I don't like to talk about my time there and don't talk about anyone from there in our skype rooms, and if RD wasn't such a great alliance I'd be out of this game for good. I played RD just to get the guys that I took away from them back in and was planning on quitting. Again, RD has been so great that I am glad I didn't. I don't think they even know most of this until now. I guess I'm sorry for both of us, mostly because you seem sad. I know I'll catch hell from both sides today because of this but at least you have some answers now and I might get some bp.

DeletedUser3303

Thanks for this post, I burst out laughing every time I read the word 'betray' or 'traitor' come from you.

Hahaha sorry their I go again.

didnt make u rage join SS from RD and defect back again at a later date.

On the betraying front, i left epi cos they was not going anywhere and leadership was happy to sim the world and finish 4th (excluding any merge that may happen), I did not join the enemy cos najistan and epi was neutral, if anything i was the one betrayed cos the leaders of epi put a hit out on me, when i had no intention of attacking them and was even willing to swap cities out of O44, players have the right to play this GAME in alliances that they will have more fun in and ever since zural left the world, epi was not the one for me, but i stayed with them to try to help them change and win the world, my ideas and plans was shot down and i was made out to be a liar to the players i was communicating with. so i thought best to leave.

DeletedUser42608

didnt make u rage join SS from RD and defect back again at a later date.

If your asking so that you can clarify history that is basically correct. I was in an RD academy and they kept trying to get me to move up into RD. I guess my refusal to move makes more sense to them now. But you should remember this well enough jack, you made a big post about how awful SS and I were back then. It's funny now to see you defend that which you accused me of back then. I just wanted to play a game and have fun. RD wasn't fun in the start and wasn't the reason I joined the server, SS ended up being whatever the opposite of fun is, and RD was like a brand new alliance when I went back. I bet it makes a little more sense to you now though doesn't it. I bet your having more fun in Naji now too, just like I'm having more fun in RD. We're like traitor brothers. Should we swear blood on this?

*Let's not stray from my original point though which is why I didn't name names, this forum would be dead if it weren't for this paper. The events of the last week would have been recorded here in PNP's and debate threads a year or two ago. I see the mod can't even get us to take part in PnP contests anymore and almost the only time anyone comments on anything in here it is because a paper was released. So let's make sure to thank the guy for his hard work while we do this. A year from now the only way anyone will have any reference material for what happened on this server will be due to the time that C4R105 put into making these post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3303

i accused ss of recruiting everyones members instead of fighting them, which was true.
I also would love to see more forum activity, cos there next to know alliance representation on this server, in previous servers, most alliances have a alliance member talk in public forums to represent there alliance views and also form PnPs about war and other world affairs, there very little of this in appo(66)

DeletedUser3303

there was a ceasefire for a while with najistan, which was formed cos both alliances city conquest rate was being effected, they hit exiles cos they was the easiest target to get cities off.

DeletedUser42608

in previous servers, most alliances have a alliance member talk in public forums to represent there alliance views and also form PnPs about war and other world affairs

I do miss those days. It was almost a war within a war to watch people fight to keep their rep high and players would come to form opinions about the other alliances. There were some people that were very good at PnP's and would have everybody laughing or intimidated depending on what they were going for. I don't play other servers now so I don't know if it just this server where the forum is dead or if it is this way in other forums too now.

DeletedUser3303

i think its just this server, many of times there been wars made off the back of the public forum posts and PnP, its great fun reading players posts when there trying to wined each other up

DeletedUser

I do love me some good PnP's, that is definitely one thing that has been severely lacking in this world's forum

DeletedUser30111

It's probably that this server is so old, happens after a couple months. I had to prop up the troy forums for about 8 months as well.

Also, Rage, I read that whole expository on you leaving SS, and I don't even know what you're referring to, haha

DeletedUser

So, what's going on on my first grepo world since I came back to play?

DeletedUser

In your area: the best Barrel of Monkeys players have joined Reunited & Reunited is at war with Legion. But not a real war, as it is mostly Sepow attacking inactives from Reunited (or ex-Reunited) which we have to defend (as he doesn't dare to try to conquer cities from active players because there his sacred 'att-ratio' is too disadvantageous for him :rolleyes:)