Rejected Apostrophes for city names.

• Thread starter DeletedUser32250
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser32250

Pretty simple one really.

Proposal: Making it possible for the player to use apostrophes in their city names.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? : Yes and i didn't find anything of this sort, but please tell me if i missed something.

Reason: It's a simple thing that should be here now if i am perfectly honest. When you colonize a city, it is default named (Hyper's City). So why can't we use apostrophes now?

Details: Not sure how much detail is required. Please just add this --> '

Visual Aids: Think of a city name in your head that requires an apostrophe. EXAMPLE - Hyper's Shoe (rather than -> Hypers Shoe.) No-one really likes to see grammatical errors and not be able to do anything about them.

Balance: Hyper's balancing beam.

Abuse Prevention: I hid the answer in Innogames's bookshelf.

Summary: Apostrophes for city names.

DeletedUser33512

I don't know why we can't to be honest. So I agree.

DeletedUser18132

I thought they were allowed, I remember when you first started out on a world your town would be named XXPLAYERNAMEXX's Town. (This was 2+years ago though, maybe it has changed)

DeletedUser32250

I thought they were allowed, I remember when you first started out on a world your town would be named XXPLAYERNAMEXX's Town. (This was 2+years ago though, maybe it has changed)

Yes this is exactly the point.

When you colonize a city, it is default named (Hyper's City). So why can't we use apostrophes now?

It also happens when you start a world...Your username's city. So when you try to change the city name to something which requires an apostrophe grammatically, you can't.

You cannot even have city names which contain - Can't or Didn't - but you can have, Cant or didnt .

Such a simple thing it's like 10mins for inno surely?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

Always wondered why this wasn't already part of the code lol...

Are we all sure we only want apostrophes and no other 'special character'?

DeletedUser31385

English language servers don't allow any punctuation. Spanish has some punctuation I think.

DeletedUser33530

I see no reason beyond "if it's not broke don't fix" to not have this.

DeletedUser

omg inno r kilin ar langwej U R RUIN THS GENERATOR OF CHLIDREN

Yeah, this is fairly basic and I don't understand why it wasn't already present, to be honest.

/signature thing

DeletedUser

they disabled punctuation because of the "possibility of creating lewd images with special characters"
basically, they don't want people doing things like making richard's mighty pee pee 8====D

DeletedUser

for those that don't like grammatical errors.....check your prescription for ADhD

DeletedUser

for those that don't like grammatical errors.....check your prescription for ADhD

#1 - bad link. And by "bad", I mean flat-out incorrect. Actually, no; I do not think it's humanly possible to reach the exact opposite end of the spectrum than planned with any more success than you have achieved. Attention deficit entails a liability to avoid attention to detail, resulting in common minor errors. Oops, that's not quite what we meant now, is it?

#2 - making light of any diagnosis, mental or otherwise, is unwarranted and a poor show of character. These matters affect millions of people's lives dramatically, and causing any form of offence or mockery regarding that fact just isn't human.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies for the tangent, combating ignorance is an important step towards improving society, in my view.

Back to the topic; the creation of "lewd" images can be reported just as easily as racist, homophobic and profane language. It doesn't warrant an utter omission, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.