Rejected Apostrophes for city names.

• Thread starter DeletedUser32250
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser44089

This is a great idea, plus it is a pretty simple change.

DeletedUser31385

I dont know why we shouldn't just move this to improvements.

DeletedUser31385

I chose another over this because of the benefit. This is good, but something else had more benefit then a '.

DeletedUser18366

one reason why not to allow apostrophes.......what if i would name my city `````````` and i name all my cities like that.

What if I named my city xxxxxxxx? what is the difference?

^ What he said. You can do that already. I played against a player once that named all of his cities with the same word/name, except that they were all capitalized in different ways.

I don't see how apostrophes can create other masked messages as well. Apostrophes should be allowed, they are needed for grammatical accuracy and can't really be abused.

Zarun-

Strategos
Fully support apostrophes on city names, have tried to do it in the past.

They are also set after you colonize a city, EG: Zarun's city so not sure why we aren't allowed to use them.

As for abuse potential - if we worried about implementing things due to abuse then nothing would be allowed.

Even the most innocuous thing can be abused by someone with enough creativity.

DeletedUser17591

Yes, Apostrophes are now allowed, we had one in our alliance name on EN83 - The problem now is that all of the external tools for Grepolis can't handle them, even though Grepolis itself has no problem with them now. In the end, we simply removed the Apostrophe from our Alliance Name.

Status
Not open for further replies.