Are archer units redundant now?

DeletedUser

Greetings all.
I have seen many attacks now with slingers and cavalry. A lot of people have been defending with swordsmen and hoplites. What has happened to the almighty archer?

Would anyone like to convince us why we should buy archers now when people use slinger nukes all the time to take cities?

Basil

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Well being that this is a conquest server I consider them vital. If you start a conquest of a city by using sharp units they can also be used to defend during the takeover period. So Hoplites and Chariots are a great offensive unit in that manner. Now what is the best unit to defend against those? Archers.

DeletedUser

I agree with Balloon Tucan, As the most effective units in conquest are Calvary and Hoplites, it is only common sense to make sure you have the best defense set for the inevitable.
Also, the hunkiest Troops come from the Slinger/Archer Armies. They have the bestest Biceps EVER!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A lot of people would rather use chariots and hoplites for defending rather than attacking. When you hit a 25 wall, tower, 375 militia, pull 75% morale with -30% luck, you will soon stop attacking with sharp.

DeletedUser

A lot of people would rather use chariots and hoplites for defending rather than attacking. When you hit a 25 wall, tower, 375 militia, pull 75% morale with -30% luck, you will soon stop attacking with sharp.
Well that is dumb.
With those settings who would want to attack?

Greetings all.
I have seen many attacks now with slingers and cavalry. A lot of people have been defending with swordsmen and hoplites. What has happened to the almighty archer?

Would anyone like to convince us why we should buy archers now when people use slinger nukes all the time to take cities?
I dont like archers myself, but Sharp is used much in conquest servers for city take overs, and archers murder them.
And I think people will stop using slingers as much, they get have it hard against swords, better to have a mix army

DeletedUser

No, sharps are used when conquering as it's good at attacking and defending, much like triremes. I usually use hops for conquest. When my CS together with my hops successfully lands, I have an instant land defense units. That's why many people use this strategy:

LS nuke
Horsemen Nuke
Sling puke
CS with hops and medusa
Bireme
Legion of archers and swords

Just put 1-2 seconds between each attack and there you go, an almost perfect colony(that can be ruined by the +/- 30 sec attack landing randomizer)!

DeletedUser

Well that is dumb.
With those settings who would want to attack?

Those are not settings. "Those" are things that happen in this game. Hops and chariots might be used heavily now, but as people are taking their 3rd and 4th cities, you will see them fazed out for the reason I said. Run that through the simulator, see what happens. As the game goes on you have to assume people will have a 25 wall, and pop militia. Whether they have city guard or a tower varies. But if you attack and lose 3/4s of your army for 0 battle points, I highly doubt you will keep building those units.

DeletedUser

Those are not settings. "Those" are things that happen in this game. Hops and chariots might be used heavily now, but as people are taking their 3rd and 4th cities, you will see them fazed out for the reason I said. Run that through the simulator, see what happens. As the game goes on you have to assume people will have a 25 wall, and pop militia. Whether they have city guard or a tower varies. But if you attack and lose 3/4s of your army for 0 battle points, I highly doubt you will keep building those units.

Put any units in the sim with those "things that happen" and you will get appalling results. If the cit has a wall 25 and a tower, i must be an idiot if i dont send at least 30 catapults with my army.
as people are taking their 3rd and 4th cities, you will see them fazed out for the reason I said
No they wont, for the reasons we all know. they kill swordmen way better than slingers and most people use swords to defend, they attack and defend very well. Of course, you dont send in a Hoplite nuke, you mix them. and you get killer results

DeletedUser345

Well being that this is a conquest server I consider them vital. If you start a conquest of a city by using sharp units they can also be used to defend during the takeover period. So Hoplites and Chariots are a great offensive unit in that manner. Now what is the best unit to defend against those? Archers.

Woop, Woop, Woop!

Balloon Toucan has a toucan sig! Spread the word free hot air ballon rides all day at;

mslj06.jpg