Important Are you still experiencing lag?

DeletedUser

Hello players,

First off I apologize for the lag issues. We think we found the problem. It was a combination of 2 items:
One seemed to be the notifications bogging down the system. The other was some server routing issue, however we are not sure the issue is solved.

My question to you is:

Are you still experiencing lag???

Please post below, thank you for your feedback

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15953

The system is a lot faster, and some of the other faults seem to be resolved too. Could be that the notifications were clogging up memory, so ppl with better computers did not have the same issues as me ....

DeletedUser19523

i experience a lot less now, but it takes a little longer to load the site... i wouls like to know the exact time that this was implemented because i experienced lots of lag about 2 hours ago on world Epsilon, but after i logged off and got back on, it was resolved.

DeletedUser

I find I have some lag as well. I have a few error responses and some lags as with messages and notification, but far less now that I switch to Google Chrome. I hope this will be resolved soon, as this is sort of a nuisance when timing attacks and support and you end up lagging or you get an attack notification a little bit after the attack was already launched.

DeletedUser

I find I have some lag as well. I have a few error responses and some lags as with messages and notification, but far less now that I switch to Google Chrome. I hope this will be resolved soon, as this is sort of a nuisance when timing attacks and support and you end up lagging or you get an attack notification a little bit after the attack was already launched.

uhm it should have been resolved already

DeletedUser

I play Grepolis on IE, and I am on Beta world, it is better today, but still getting lots of lag and IE crashed today

DeletedUser

just downloaded google chrome :)

The difference is unbelieveable

Everything just pings straight away - incredible

:) :) :) :)

DeletedUser

yep got still alot off serious lag, the server levelled out 2 days ago and was getting good average timing on attacks but now pretty bad again

DeletedUser21270

using chrome smooths it out but safari or firefox are better in uk i think. if you play on I E be ready for some serious lagging not just on attacks but just about everthing . i thought had an egg timer stuck to my screen last time i checked it out in I E

DeletedUser

If you just erased notifications, why do I still get them?

Can you rephrase the update so I understand what exactly this was about?

The way I understand it is that the notifications (those annoying drop downs on the right side) feature has been removed from the game. I could be wrong I guess

DeletedUser

Yeah, I am still experiencing the same issues.:(
sameproblem.png
scrollissue.png

DeletedUser4013

I would recommend that players try to clear their cache and do a hard refresh of their browsers. This is recommended for all updates and changes to the game as the cookies and cached pages will not have the new changes running.

DeletedUser

works waaay better for me :D takes less than one second for stuff to load and i havent gotten a response error yet.

DeletedUser345

Nice to see you can spell gordon ;) Does this warrant an infraction? Not only have I corrected someone's grammar but i corrected the top dog's grammar.

DeletedUser

If you just erased notifications, why do I still get them?

Can you rephrase the update so I understand what exactly this was about?

The way I understand it is that the notifications (those annoying drop downs on the right side) feature has been removed from the game. I could be wrong I guess

Notifications are still in the game, they were just purged to get rid of those people who don't know how to delete them and have 3k+ sitting around.

There will now be a cap to reduce such high notification build ups.

DeletedUser

Since the changes were made today, things seem to doing at least 50% better.

DeletedUser

seems to be doing better today. I suppose only time will tell if this helps in the long run