Beginner Art class-i got no clue how u do it

• Thread starter DeletedUser19523
  • Start date

DeletedUser19523

i have no clue how to do all that fancy art stuff, but i would like to learn. any beginners tips??:heh:

DeletedUser

Well first of all this should be in the Guides section because this is for shops where you can request pieces. I will move it though don't worry :)

Secondly, get yourself a nice computer program. Best one out there is Photoshop but it is pricey even though there are ways around it. If you want a simple free tool to use to try and get the hang of things you can download GIMP for free. Check that out and get familiar with the settings.

Finally once you've got yourself a program get onto deviantart and search for tutorials. Try replicating those and that way you will learn how to use the tools you have and also learn new techniques.

For now it should be enough to get you started but check the guides section as some people post tutorials there (they might be a bit too advanced for you at this time though). :)

DeletedUser19523

my dad uses photoshop alot, and he has photoshop 8. thanks for ur help, but i think im gonna stick to others doin it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you're going to use Photoshop, try and acquire CS3 or later.
There are very few tutorials for non CS editions of PS.

DeletedUser19523

i think i found out how to do this without photoshop. im a semi-good artist, so ill just draw it by hand, scan it to my computer, and save it as a pse. then convert to a pdf or somethin

DeletedUser

And then what? GFX is very different from drawing, very very different.
If you want to be able to make good tags then your idea won't help you much..

(You can, however, just focus on drawing and continue with that)

DeletedUser

As skully said, tagging and most other forms of digital art, despite sharing many concepts, require different skill sets than traditional art.

Also, if you're going to be drawing by hand, I'd suggest a tablet.

DeletedUser19523

i have a thing its called bamboo- its digital but it doesnt show a pic on he screen. theres a special pen that goes with it and it hooks into ur computer and i use that. look at some of the stuff i've done already....