Artifact Overhaul Discussion thread

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Please add any comments or questions you may have about the new artifact overhaul system. To view the artifacts you currently have go to your temple and select artifacts from the scroll bar at the top.

thunder123

Hipparchus
does it mean that the winning alliance gets no reward?
the post only mentions the ranking of players, isn't it worthless to play for victory then?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yes the winning alliance does get a reward which would be the first table shown with the first place alliance gaining 4 levels to the artifact for the specific world. Then the below table shows bonus artifact levels which can be gained based on player ranks in the top alliances.

thunder123

Hipparchus
so the first table is not based on alliance ranking points but on the percentage of the cities owned (domination) and somehow there will be a ranking for wonders too?
i know that usually the first alliance in points is the winning alliance but that isnt always the case

thunder123

Hipparchus
whats the max warehouse cap with a lvl 30 cornucopia now, someone do the maths for me
it should (calculator) be 41616. but i think it is probably wrong or capped lower. it would be to strong, same for the 180% bonus resourse on rocks simply to much

Hydna

Grepolis Team
it should (calculator) be 41616. but i think it is probably wrong or capped lower. it would be to strong, same for the 180% bonus resourse on rocks simply to much
Yes this is the calculation based on 30 x 1.2%. I get the same. At level 9 for those who have the current Cornucopia the new limit is 34000.

thunder123

Hipparchus
isn't that to strong? a 36% buff on warehouse really changes everything. and yes, i know you need time for it
but if you already won a domination world you start on level 17, meaning 20% (37000 warehouse). i really like the idea of having new artifacts and actually being rewarded for winning more than just one time but if it comes with the cost of having such big disadvantages more and more people will quit/none will start playing.
imagine someone with 590 favors, 41k warehouse, 36% discount on hero levels and 180% bonud production on rocks. that is really to much for just "playing the game".
the 550 favor cap and 32k warehouse was already pretty good, you could easly increase it a little bit without making the game that much different between old winners and new players.
not to mention that a premade alliance who won a world and has different buffs has an advantage to win again if it faces no alliances with artifacts, and the next world even more buffs, and then again and again.

i understand this is hard to balance but please before making it on live worlds be sure that it doesn't ruin the game like old ladons and spartoi bug

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
its only strong when you combine it with great arming and rituals for some serious powerbuilding... but aside from that to get to that max % it will require a lot of wins and effort, so while the end result/boosts do seem nice, road to there is not easy and will last a long time.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
isn't that to strong? a 36% buff on warehouse really changes everything. and yes, i know you need time for it
but if you already won a domination world you start on level 17, meaning 20% (37000 warehouse). i really like the idea of having new artifacts and actually being rewarded for winning more than just one time but if it comes with the cost of having such big disadvantages more and more people will quit/none will start playing.
imagine someone with 590 favors, 41k warehouse, 36% discount on hero levels and 180% bonud production on rocks. that is really to much for just "playing the game".
the 550 favor cap and 32k warehouse was already pretty good, you could easly increase it a little bit without making the game that much different between old winners and new players.
not to mention that a premade alliance who won a world and has different buffs has an advantage to win again if it faces no alliances with artifacts, and the next world even more buffs, and then again and again.

i understand this is hard to balance but please before making it on live worlds be sure that it doesn't ruin the game like old ladons and spartoi bug

You start at level 17 for Zeus'Spark but at level 9 for the Cornucopia. They are strong at the higher levels. This is why we need your feedback now and as these worlds are rolled out.

Realistically if you have a dom win so start at level 9 for the Warehouse then the absolute minimum you need is 4 more wins where you are within the top 10 of your alliance to reach level 29. To get those wins you have to play the worlds with that artifact and there are now 6 artifacts to be spread among worlds so how many will there even be each year. Players with the maximum even for 1 artifact will be rare for a long time to come.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
This sounds stupidly overcomplicated and I can't even begin to imagine how many bugs will be present because Inno doesn't exactly have the greatest track record of innovation. Something as simple as the sim, attack overviews and even spelling Hydras correctly all straight up just don't work, can't wait to see how wonderfully this point system manages to screw itself up.

thunder123

Hipparchus
ok hydna, that's true, your points perfectly makes sense now that i think about it.
the only problem i still see is that sure, it will require time, lot of time. but there are players who are playing this game for 10/11 years now, and lot of those have atleast 5 crowns. "it will require lot of time" isn't really a good reason for it to be so strong because it looks like you think this game will die in 2 years.
a good possibility could be stronger artifacts (2% instead of 1.2 for warehouse?) with lower level cap. so everyone has access to it to maximum level without wasting 15 years and winning 1 world could actually make you feel happy. let's be honest, 4 artifact levels on favors is 12 bonus favors.... who cares? like really, who cares?
or 4% less bp needed for villages.
the idea itself make lot of sense it sounds cool and a good update for the game. but the risk is having a game being the opposite of what we are playing now
grepolis now: if you have crown you are happy, if you don't it's fine. if you won domination you are happy, if you didn't you don't care
grepolis with artifacts level: if you win once you don't care. if someone wins 5 times he is much stronger than others.

and @Lethal-Bacon i know the warehouse makes a difference "only" with nereids, great arming... but honestly it is also a big up for golders. with 41k warehouse, level 20 aristotle and nereids i can probably gold 350 ls with 350 gold (i didn't do the math but i'm pretty sure it is either 350 gold or 520) therefore it means someone can gold unlimited ls nukes with basically no gold needed. a lot of things about artifacts have lot of pros and cons. if they aren't well balanced this could ruin the game even more. (also, who is going to tryhard to win a 1% cost reduction on villages? none.)

DeletedUser55224

Unless some of my math is wrong this is what i think on https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/artifact-overhaul.63359/
1) Level cap at 30 is unfair to be applied to all 6 artifacts some may require more levels or less levels OR unlimited levels. Presently u win wonder u get +50 favor with this thing u get +3 or something to a max of 90 at level 30. Needless to say there are guys with close to 1000 favor cap.
2) Farming villages have never been a problem so i question relevance of 'Silver Kantharos'. Gimme increased hero swap speed or something more useful like increased battle points per level. Call it 'Hero move Fast'
3) Ambrosia- It has always confused me why small islands exist and giving a bonus for small islands when u win a world is perplexing :confused:. Outside of this I recommend that small islands be given island quests and farming villages they can remain with 8 -10 slots. For this reward give something like double trade capacity on farming villages or something per level up max of wharehouse
4) Palladion - A -42% in city founding time at level 30 city founding will take 7hrs. Useless imo and confused as to why this is a thing. Recommend building queue increase by 1 per win/level to max 7 so u get 3 instead of 2. OR anything more useful.
5) Athena's Cornucopia - More resources is always welcomed. +42% at level 30. Prefer 100% at 30 unsure if it will break the game as grepolis is a game of managing limited resources which is the 'allure' if u will
6) Zeus' Spark -see 1)
7) The Golden Fleece- Fun fact presently if u win 10 of these ur hero upgrade cost is zero. If u win 10 of these i got no problem with that. So the levels on this goes back to 1). I think this one should be unlimited level by virtue of shear amount of work required. Looks like 10 years of work
8) Recommend that simply give player all rewards per world for winning and give them the level up points and let them choose where to put the points. So 10 points for a win the player may put all 10 in on or 5 in one or save em up

0ZZZ

Phrourach
This does give players an incentive to stick to their account and earned reputation +3
This also is a start in the right direction by awarding individual merit +3

This is useless: " Effect: Reducing city founding time by 1.4% per level. " -1
This is overpowered. Any bonus above 20% from any one source threatens game balance*.
*This is glaringly obvious with warehouse bonus and maybe not so accurate with small island bonus.

"8) Recommend that simply give player all rewards per world for winning and give them the level up points and let them choose where to put the points. So 10 points for a win the player may put all 10 in on or 5 in one or save em up"
@IRSDIVISION

I think this could be the foundation of a good idea. The more choices a player makes the better test it is of their ability to strategize,
providing the choices are more balanced. If there becomes only one "best way"there wont be the diversity of abilities it would be nice to fight against. When your opponent has more variables it gets harder to out smart them. That sounds fun.

I don't see this happening though. I think they intend to use this as a tool to direct server population where they want it. They cant do that if the reward is generic points to spend.