Athens Weekly- Alternative News | Issue Four

DeletedUser

Hello Athenians, and welcome to what is the 4th issue of Athens Weekly Newspaper.

Firstly, my apologies for the delay in this issue. I've been away, but I'm back now.

We'll start today's issue with the interviews. This week I've secured 2 interviews, with RogueRider of Rogue and Gumbles of SunTzu. Rogue and SunTzu are up and coming, promising alliances in Athens.

Why did you start Rogue?

Rogue is a family and friends alliance that has been banging around games like Grepo for years. I am a relatively new comer to Rogue that joined them in November 2010 in Kappa and rose through the ranks. I am now one of the founders in Athens. We moved to Athens from Kappa after it was clear that there would never be an end game in Kappa and we got board. We were #2 in Kappa when we left.

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

Yes and no. Starting with one city after running over 100 cities is quite an adjustment. I am now up to 3 cities but would have liked to be 4 or more a week ago.

My point rank is currently higher then my ABP rank with does not sit well with me. I need to kill more enemy troops. ;)

Where do you see your alliance in 1 month?

Top 7. We are currently in the top 12 and we continue to grow.

Which alliance are you most impressed with in Athens so far?

I don't know if I really have a good impression of any alliance yet. I know there are a couple of alliances in the top 12 that I am totally unimpressed with due to some really really poor coordination and planning but I will not name any names as they should know who they are.

Why did you form your alliance?

The ultimate challenge, for me, was to grow an Alliance unaided and independantly from a single city state to ruler of Athens.

Are you happy with your progress so far?

Extremely. The Gods smile upon SunTzu guiding fantastic members to join our family as we grow & expand.

You've taken a few cities from NmE. Do you see this developing into a conflict?

What will be, will be........we anticipate & look forward to any conflict with an Alliance whose sole strategy is purely strength in numbers

Now on to our featured news stories!

Two for Flinching Takes Top Spot

image.php

Two for Flinching are now officially number one in Athens. They've secured a lead of around 40k over Nightmares of Elysium after NmE had one of their kicking sessions. They are, however, 1k behind NmE in average points and 70k behind in ABP. There appear to have been a few border skirmishes between the two alliances, with 24F taking 3 cities from NmE, but NmE taking none. This will be an interesting piece of news to follow, and I'll keep you all updated.

Rogue Secures Top 12 Position

image.php

Rogue, an alliance that joined Athens late has now entered the top 12. They were tipped to be a good bunch by some forumers, notably King Beast. It's my belief that they have come over from world Kappa, but please correct me if I'm wrong. They clearly have big ambitions, one of their leaders see's them in the top 7 in one month, and they are yet to lose a city. I'll be keeping a close eye on them, and keep you updated.

This week's rankings!

OikUb.jpg

ReVlX.jpg

That's all for this week guys! Next week I'll try to speak to NmE and 24F.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be clear I am not the leader. I am a leader in Rogue. I am one of many who shall not be named.

And yes. We came from Kappa.

DeletedUser20983

Hey Owen I guess I got my wish :p

Seems we got some new head hunters in Athens... this world just keeps getting better and better.

Great episode looking forward to more!

DeletedUser

not to make excuses, but many of our alliances bp (24F), did not transfer with our additions over the past few weeks, so our abp is deceptively low, for instance, 7 out of the top 20 in abp are in 24F, while 5 are from nme. Neways, things are looking interesting ;)

DeletedUser

freaknasty, excuses excuses. I remember this from the early days of gamma. One alliance would merge with another, and so on and so on. If the BP were transferrable then my alliance in gamma would have well over 100,000,000 BP. As it stands, BP does not. This rule applies across the board. So don't complain about it!

DeletedUser20983

Same thing happened with us when players came over into VW. Granted you would still have more but that is not the point ;)

DeletedUser

Who cares about abp anyway.

Good to see you're still making this Owen :) Nice job as always.

DeletedUser

Rogue made it to top 7 in under a month. I guess I was shooting too low.