Guide Attack Planner Guide

DeletedUser

Since there is currently no guide on using the attack planner and there are a lot of questions about it I decided to make a guide. The guide has been updated for the newest version of the planner.

In order to use the attack planner you must have the Captain. This is only a planner and you will still have to manually send out all of your attacks. To make a new attack plan open the attack planner, located at the bottom of the administrators list (pyramid) at the top of the screen. This will open up a new window. In the window click 'Making a new plan' and a popup will appear. The name can be whatever you want and you insert the city name the same way with city BBCodes. You will have to click on the city name when it appears for it to work. When you are done click 'Make a plan'.

plan1.png

This will bring you to a list of your cities and troops. If you want to send a CS from your city you will see a number 1 under the CS heading from City 1. Click the box and it will drop down so you can choose all the troops for the attack and the landing time.

plan2.png

plan3.png

Once you are done choosing your troops and setting the correct landing time click 'Add command'. To add another city to the plan click on a troop amount from another city. For example, click 30 under Light Ships to add the ships from City 3 to a new attack. To see all your attacks on a city either click on the plan name in the top left hand corner or click the plan tab then select the correct plan.

plan4.png

All your attacks it will appear in a list in the attacks column. You can chose to order by city name, departure time or arrival time by clicking the option in the upper right hand corner. By clicking the attacks tab you only get the list of your cities in the attack plan. You can share the plan with other players by clicking on 'edit authorizations' and choosing the player or the alliance.

Once the departure time comes close you will get a notification that a planned attack is impending. By clicking the notification it opens the attack planner and to send your attack you click the sword with green arrow located to the right of the city. This will open the attack window and you can send your attack.

plan5.png

If I forgot something in the guide let me know and I will add it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31450

Dont u need captain for the attack planner, not commander.

DeletedUser

Can I use the planner to attack a city using units from several of my own cities by setting their arrival time as the same? By which I mean combine the forces of several cities into 1 attack force?

DeletedUser

If you set your attacks to land at the same time they will still fight as individual attacks from each city. You are unable to combine troops from multiple cities into one attack.

DeletedUser

New planner alert new planner alert! I like the new planner!

DeletedUser

You forgot the simulator. Oops I forgot, the simulator is for attacking but not for the attack planner!
I would like to learn more about the simulator...

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Is there any guide on how to get the attack planner to actually send you a notification that an attack is due BEFORE the attack is due and not AFTER, maybe sometimes, when you refresh your browser if you are lucky?

Or is it simply down to the Relaod the game, delete your cache, every 20 minutes fix?

I can understand a free game being a bit cranky and sometimes rubbish but when premium features that you pay for work like a 10 year old toaster then you begin to question the value of them and the manufacturers' commitment to the quality of their product.

If they can't get the stuff you pay for right, then what hope is there for anything else?

Last edited:

DeletedUser33548

New Attack Planner

You forgot the simulator. Oops I forgot, the simulator is for attacking but not for the attack planner!
I would like to learn more about the simulator...

Could someone also explain how to use the new planner as when i try to enter an attack it bears no resemblance towhat is posted here and despiite all effortsat the moment it is useless to me

thx

DeletedUser21774

I second this request. While i couldn't use the new attack planner with any reward of time effectiveness, I appreciate that someone did try to update it.
Perhaps some more robust logical and functional requirements would have helped the programmer make a different sort of product and meet a need that was not adequately perceived.

Could someone also explain how to use the new planner as when i try to enter an attack it bears no resemblance towhat is posted here and despiite all effortsat the moment it is useless to me

thx

DeletedUser

I can't input any landing times. The Attack Planner shows how long each unit takes to arrive to said target, but there is nowhere to input landing time, if it's support or attack, as in the previous version. What the heck am I missing?

edit: i have it working now. just some extra clicks to do on the new version that I wasn't aware of.

DeletedUser21774

I can't input any landing times. The Attack Planner shows how long each unit takes to arrive to said target, but there is nowhere to input landing time, if it's support or attack, as in the previous version. What the heck am I missing?

SoulSukr, I didn't see the guide for the new Attack Planner at the top of the first page. It sort of explains things. I'm going to give it another go (or 3).

When I write my own planner, I will be able to key in the target time in a search field once, instead of keying it separately. Then when I go to launch all my troops attacks for landing 1 minute later, it will exclude forces already committed to other attacks That way I won't commit 1500 hops to both attack and support at the same time. Each time I enter my attacks the list of available cities/troops will get smaller and smaller. Neat huh?

DeletedUser

Okay I'm confuse about something... Once you make the plans do you have to click to send them on the exact second? Or does the planner automatically send them?

DeletedUser

Okay I'm confuse about something... Once you make the plans do you have to click to send them on the exact second? Or does the planner automatically send them?

All the planner is is a way for you to visualise everything. You can see when all of the attacks need to be sent, where from etc instead of just trying to remember/use Excel. It does NOT automatically send the attacks. That would be silly... No skill in the game after that.

DeletedUser

I have to say... ever since they updated to the "new" version of the attack planner, with the new window styles, I find it five times harder to use. I have to sidescroll to find my units, and it's way more difficult to add in units you're currently building (ex. colony ships...) so that you can accurately plan attacks. Adding times is almost IMPOSSIBLE because instead of being able to type in a custom time, my window... scrolls instead of backspaces. And the up/down arrows only change the hour, not minutes or seconds. Trying to add in units that are in transit/building is almost impossible. It's so hard to use I've gone back to using sticky notes to mark travel and send times. Any chance you guys plan on simplifying this a little more? Because I feel like this current version of the attack planner is a lot more complex and fiddly than it should be. :/
Like, can we just have a screen that lists all the possible units and the option to a) click on the units that are available and automatically add them all or b) just type in a box what units we want (regardless of whether we have them sitting in our town at that moment, since if we don't have them we can't send them for the attack anyway)

It's a good thing the Captain still has use for trading and farming otherwise I'd quit paying for it, because the current version of the attack planner is absolutely terrible in the area of useability.