Passed (attacker/defender/looter/great power) list

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes.

Votes: 71 97.3%
  • No.

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17088

you were against it? :p

Yes because i am an in game moderator also and my workload is enough for me as it stands, if this was an addition that would increase my workload then of course i will be against it haha. If its done automatically then i see no problem, even if i can guarantee that i will eventually need to help people fix this when/if it goes wrong :p

DeletedUser

been pretty positive responses so far, anybody have any concerns or something they think needs to be cleared up?

DeletedUser2795

what do we do if Ac04 decides to delete the daily awards thread?

DeletedUser

the first thing that springs to mind is to form a lynch mob and find him. my 2nd option would be to cry.

DeletedUser14937

Well since we want to know who came first, how about a list of the top 3 everyday in each category, with the number of units killed/cities conquered/resources looted next to each. Obviously 2nd and 3rd place for the conquerer award would still need to be different numbers of cities conquered otherwise they would not be awarded.

I like the idea because it's not too hard to implement, surely if the server is able to calculate and rank all players in order who who attacked/looted/conquered most, it would surely not be too hard a task to list the 3 top players in each category.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

well, it actually takes a lot longer to rank the top 3 of a set then just to find the maximum, but it isn't that hard :p

DeletedUser

yeah, i know that the server already finds the top players in those categories every day which is why i suggested this. if it already finds the top 3 or if it's easy to do then i'm down with that, otherwise the winner is fine with me, we can always check grepostats for extra info, even if it doesn't tell us the # of units killed.

just gist of it is to use what is already being calculated rather than just dumping the info after the awards are given out.

DeletedUser

this has no real advantage but would be nice to see who's having a bad day and who's had a good day LOL

DeletedUser

for an example of how the current system messes with the statistics you can look at the ABP stats i do for either of the worlds i play on.
Xi
Tau

as is evident, my stats need to be littered with disclaimers and explanations as to why certain alliances have exaggerated or shrunken ABP averages due to even small-scale booting or recruitment recruitment, or can't be given an ABP average due to massive member loss. this has been a problem for me almost regardless of world age.

a fair number of the alliances in xi's top 12 ABP haven't gained almost 0 ABP in ages and are all but disbanded, yet i continuously need to have them in my analysis only to ignore them because they are 99.99% irrelevant and their stats are vastly distorted.

DeletedUser

yay we're gonna vote on this (party)

more ammo if you look at my latest post on the xi ABP stats. virtually every single alliance in that post needs some kind of disclaimer to explain their abnormal change in average ABP. in fact, only 2 of the 12 had movements in their averages (of those which can actually be credited with averages) which didn't need extra explaining!

DeletedUser

Poll: (attacker/defender/looter/great power) list

This idea is now up for a vote. The poll will be open for 2 weeks. (closes August 2nd)

DeletedUser

so this only applies to the forums basicly. we cant announce this without the forums? have it stated on daily in game? like the awards popup

DeletedUser

so this only applies to the forums basicly. we cant announce this without the forums? have it stated on daily in game? like the awards popup
that would actually be pretty cool, but unfortunately i didn't think of that so it'll prob need to be a separate idea. red tape, what can ya do :(

DeletedUser

well i wonder this cause the forums represent only a small portion of ALL the grepolis users.

edit:
im going to vote no cause its biased on forum users only.

DeletedUser

I think it would be pretty cool to see who got the awards (and cool to show off:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.