Inactive Topic Attacking someone that is in vacation mode

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Change when the "Player is on vacation" message appears.

Reason:
It's annoying that you are only told the player is on vacation AFTER you have selected the troops and ships etc that you are going to attack with.

Details:
When you first click a city and then select to attack it THAT is when the vacation message should appear instead of waiting until AFTER you have selected all your troops and click the attack button.

Visual Aids:
None.

Balance:
No impact.

Abuse Prevention:
No impact.

Summary:
None that I can think of, it could be implemented for the spying as well. As soon as you click to spy on a city and the player is on vacation it should let you know, not after you select how much silver you are going to use.

DeletedUser21392

Yes, it could save me a minute or so. I like it.

DeletedUser14492

Initially I thought yes, this would save a few seconds and I have been frustrated by this scenario myself.

However, once I thought about it a bit more... what right has anyone to know a player is in VM just by clicking on them? Perhaps the idea is, you only get to find that out IF you actually try to attack them/spy on them... This makes sense to me.

For the moment I say no to this idea, for the sake of a few seconds, its not worth it. I think on balance only those who actually mean to attack or spy should be informed of the VM status.

But I am open to further debate if others have opinions that may change my mind.

Ev

DeletedUser5859

i like it, but i am going to take it a step further and just say that their flag should turn into an umbrella!

DeletedUser

Don't like due to what Eventine7 said.

This should be under "minor" by the way.

DeletedUser

Initially I thought yes, this would save a few seconds and I have been frustrated by this scenario myself.

However, once I thought about it a bit more... what right has anyone to know a player is in VM just by clicking on them?
ummm.... it's not like you CAN'T find out they are in vacation mode, you just waste time selecting troops etc THEN you are told they are away, you are intending to spy on / attack them and will find out anyway.

DeletedUser12512

I say no to this one for the reasons stated above, but I suggest that it is just as easy to send an attack of 8 LS at a player, determine if the attack can launch, and then recall it all within a few seconds, It is unlikely that the player will notice the attack anywya, and if he did, it's further unlikely that he would have time to identify the attacker before you recalled and the attack becomes a figment of his imagination.

DeletedUser19554

i agree with everyone whats the point of saving a few seconds at the cost of the develepors having to change the program to spring up a couple of bugs

DeletedUser51063

Off topic but closest to my issue. Being attacked by some one in 'protected mode' as they have just been terminated and moved to a new city in another (far,far away map) location. First thing he does is to bolt me. I cannot retaliate with my own. Stupid exchange anyway. Damage to my maxed out farm/wall/senate for his new low point buildings is rather pointless.

Do think that relocated players in new cities should not be able to attack in that time frame. Simple as dat. In my case I could not even take him out again as my CS could not possibly reach. Did communicate the folly of this vendetta and he stopped.
Perhaps my suggestion that I could find someone else in that region to take him out cooled his jets.

Speaking of 'attacks' I also wish the attack option in 'peace time' violation were coded as is the CS one. (notification "You can't start any colonization 24 hours before peacetime") If attacks coming under that time period were so warned it might save players a LOT of time in selecting more clearing ships to go with the about to be launched CS.

Instead you are allowed to proceed and only upon its later two or four hour arrival do you find it has become a friendly visit.
Somehow the whole thing seems to be a fubar. I can't "colonize" but I can attack? Makes no sense at all. Change this please.