Attacks to/from others

DeletedUser

I would like to see 1 improvement made if possibe. That all members of an alliance may see which members are being attacked, where, and by whom. As leader of the alliance The Ghost Knights Reborn, on Iota server, I find it frustrating to not know of attacks on my people until it's over. An attacks button such as is on all servers in Kingsage, would allow alliances to better support their players. I dont like reading reports, nor do I like being surprised when an alliance complains to me. A Global Attacks Button--seen by all members of an alliance, would eliminate a dearth of military and diplomatic mistakes that constantly happen. And it would keep us poor Alliance Leaders & Diplomats from apoplexy & baldness. Im sure such a feature could be added if the devs researched it. Thankyou all for your time and consideration on this matter.

Respectfully,

Perryakai
The Ghost Knights Reborn
Iota Server

DeletedUser

All members? Perhaps just the leaders. Or players that you give certain rights to. Spies...
This would drastically change game play, as players could support other players who are offline without the knowledge of the person being attacked. As opposed to the current strategy of trip-wiring cities, and receiving the report only after the attack has arrived.
Also, I'm not really sure how this would make diplomacy easier. Unless this new system would require players to ask for permission to attack other players, which wouldn't make life any easier for leaders & diplomats. So some explanation is needed there, i think.

The think I like about this is that it certainly makes the average member's lives easier. They can go to school, work, or sleep knowing that their buddies have their back. Then again, it makes the attacker's job a lot harder.

DeletedUser8790

I would like to see 1 improvement made if possibe. That all members of an alliance may see which members are being attacked, where, and by whom. As leader of the alliance The Ghost Knights Reborn, on Iota server, I find it frustrating to not know of attacks on my people until it's over. An attacks button such as is on all servers in Kingsage, would allow alliances to better support their players. I dont like reading reports, nor do I like being surprised when an alliance complains to me. A Global Attacks Button--seen by all members of an alliance, would eliminate a dearth of military and diplomatic mistakes that constantly happen. And it would keep us poor Alliance Leaders & Diplomats from apoplexy & baldness. Im sure such a feature could be added if the devs researched it. Thankyou all for your time and consideration on this matter.

Respectfully,

Perryakai
The Ghost Knights Reborn
Iota Server

That's all I need More reports, can we get rid of some of the reports we have before we get new ones?

DeletedUser

I say there would be one more right giving the ability to do get a report or some bar.

But its kinda unfair, we already have morale and its already in the defenders grasp to survive most attacks easily. I'm neutral.

DeletedUser

I Can see Cobert Nation's point about spies, or that it could change Diplomacy tactics. And that wasnt what my concern was. Id like it to be fair for defenders to get support quickly and allow players under attack to be able to move troops around as and where needed. I believe that currently, the attackers are more favored and I dont believe the tower really does the job. As this is a war game, it really puts the burden on a weak player to successfully defend theirself. Whereas a pop-up or button allows members of an alliance to be able to accurately support a mate who is offline. What's the point of an alliance if your buds cant help you and know you needed the help? This would allow weaker players to grow by staying in the game, possibly tone down or eliminate alliance hopping. many players leave an alliance if they are attacked & dont see their mates helping them. I believe an alliance is a T.E.A.M.--Together Everyone Achieves More. Individuls can become stronger when they know that someone out there will support them. And that's the whole point of an alliance--to ensure that all are strong/equal, thus making the group as a whole, a better group.

Respectfully,

perryakai

DeletedUser

this idea will not happen (not saying the devs said no). the idea is huge, it will also throw strategy, teamwork, and organization out the window. i would go as far as a new unit or research that allows u to "bug" ones city or cities that allows u to receive any report on an incoming attack. allowing 1 person to see any attacks incoming on their alliance (some alliances have way more than 100 players with atleast 3 cities each) . . . it would be too much coding work for something that can be simplified.

im not going to close this idea because it may open the door for other ideas that will have the same benefits.

moved to development

please continue to post ur feedback

DeletedUser

I don't support anything that helps defenders :)
Defenders are already at a huge advantage as it is

DeletedUser

I don't support anything that helps defenders :)
Defenders are already at a huge advantage as it is

I agree, I don't like this idea, too much of an advantage already and this would make it more of an advantage.

DeletedUser

-sigh- Stop the necro of this thread. This has been suggested before plenty of times and rejected since this can be easily abused.

DeletedUser8396

NO FORMAT :supermad: IT BURNS

would do the format for you...but i dont like the idea and dont want it to progress...BIG NO

DeletedUser

This approach was used in Envy in 2009 when I use to play it. Whilst I agree with reports, I think the idea about a new unit would be a better idea.

I wouldnt mind having a "Diplomat" that comes from the caves (like a spy but friendly). It would work as follows:
* In cave there is three tabs "Spies" (current screen), "Diplomats" (new screen) and "Reports" (Spy Reports & Diplomat Reports).
* Diplomats screen has two lists of diplomats: "Inside" (Diplomats from other cities) and "Outside" (Diplomats in other cities).
* Below the lists is "Available Diplomats: <number>" then a button "Hire Diplomat" (clicking will take 10,000 silver from cave & another 1000 silver each day) and a button "Buy Diplomat" (clicking will cost 50 gold but no silver).
* To send an available diplomat to another city
=> A goes to B's city and says selects "Send Diplomat". Diplomat is sent at same speed as spy moves.
=> After Diplomat arrives, B goes to Cave - Diplomats and "Inside" list has a series of Diplomats in different colours:
==> Yellow means Diplomat at City, requesting to come in (Request).
==> Clear means Diplomat already in City (Accepted).
=> B selects Diplomat Request row and three options down bottom is enabled, being "Accept", "Kill" or "Return".
=> If B accepts Diplomat then A receives a report advising that B has accepted the Diplomat and a Diplomat Report is provided (similar to a Spy Report but also lists what the city is building ... intended for alliance leaders to view progress of players).
=> If B kills Diplomat then A receives a report advising that Diplomat had been killed.
=> If B returns Diplomat then Diplomat returns home (at same speed as Spy moves) and returns as an available Diplomat.
=> If B looses a spy battle after Diplomat arrives (even if Diplomat isnt accepted) then Diplomat is killed and A receives a report that the Diplomat is dead. Any of B's Available Diplomats in B's city is also killed.
* Whilst the Diplomat is in the city, A receives a report at the start of each day of the server (this can be turned off in reports). If a Diplomat has been hired, then each day another 1000 silver is taken from A's city (if cave has less then 1000 silver at server start of day then Diplomat resigns commission and a report advising that Diplomat has resigned. A resigned Diplomat is like a killed Diplomat).
* A also receives a report when B does anything new in the city or from the city (this can be turned off in reports as would create a lot of reports).
* If B has any incoming attacks then a report is sent to A when the incoming starts, anything that B does and another report when the incoming attack ends. The reports list everything that B would be able to see, being visible details to B when battle starts, any changes to incoming conditions (like if B comes online and casts a spell) and the result of the battle or withdrawal of incoming attacks.

Last edited by a moderator: