Attacks

DeletedUser

Hi all, first post here.
A couple of questions about attacks: If I successfully attack a city, does that mean that all armed forces in that city are destroyed?
Second question, is there any way that an army on the march can be 're-routed' to carry out a second attack, without first having to return to base?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
M

DeletedUser

If the attack is successful, then the units in the targeted city are gone. But no, you cannot reroute your army to do a second attack. You would have to send another force, or wait for yours to return to send it again.

DeletedUser5819

I am not 100% sure of your meaning in the first question.
A successful ship-only attack would kill all the ships currently in the city.
A successful land only attack would kill all the land units currently in the city.
It is possible to win a sea battle but lose the land battle in the same attack for instance.
Oddly it is possible to lose the sea battle but still win the land battle if some of your transports get through and there is not much land Defence.

It is also possible that the troops or ships belonging to the city were out at the time you attacked, either coincidentally or because the owner dodged your attack. In this case you would win the battle without destroying any of that city's troops.

I think that covers most things, but please come back with something more specific if that is not what you meant.

DeletedUser

Thank you both for your responses. The answer to my routing/rerouting question was as I thought but wanted to check.
Sirloin - your point about land & sea battles is particularly interesting.
M