Attk M.I.A

DeletedUser

Can anyone tell me what happened to arrow to the knee as i was making my top 12 i realized they were loeseing points and drop to 10th best alliance then went m.i.a

if anyone knows what happend please reply to this forum

DeletedUser

Well, most major players left for several reasons. That left Phears almost completely isolated in SW from most of the remaining guys, who happen to be in the utmost corner of NE.

Anyway, it had been an honour to serve under his command, he was an excelling leader of an excellent alliance.

DeletedUser

plus rep thank you can you tell me why those leaders left

DeletedUser

I can offer a little more insight.

I was the Co-leader of ATTK, and I was the first to leave for a few reasons. Phears was quite an impulsive leader, making decisions and starting to go through with them, before consulting with me or the rest of the council. He got the NAP with TT in the beginning without discussing the terms with the rest of us. He didn't think through, that the alliances we could no longer attack (two or three MRA'S) were about 90% of the rest of the alliances farms/plans of being first conquer.

During the war with TT he was largely MIA during it, leaving a majority of the burden (organizing ops, making sure members participated) on me. Once the war was over, he came back to active mode, making the same mistakes. He messaged the leaders of Alpha Centuri talking about a merge and conditions for one, and then posted in the council about it to see what we thought. The next morning, he messaged the leader of MoM informing them ATTK was going to drop them from the pact in two days so we could fight them with their enemy. And then posted in teh council forum about it. I felt like he did not care at all what his co-leader/council thought, and we were both headed in completely opposite directions.

DeletedUser

And then he [or someone else with the the power] unceremoniously dumped those remaining alliance members with no warning when the alliance was disbanded. He complained about a lack of loyalty being the reason for ending the alliance, but then treated those that were loyal with a complete lack of regard when he took his bat and ball and went home to momma.

I, for one, will not be joining any future alliances he may consider forming. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12324

The original NAP with TT was a mistake they had too many demands and in the end (which wasn't very long) it was unbearable so we broke the NAP off and continued fighting, it wasn't a war.

If i remember rightly it was yourself to get the pact with TT again and also Musketeers (which i didn't know anything about).

Yes i was speaking to AC about a merge amongst other options but you took that as a decision yet nothing was done or going to be done until i had heard from you and the other council members, this is where you was in the wrong and accused me of making decisions without consulting you.

I decided to drop the pact with MoM as it was the logical way forwards, they apart from TT were the biggest force in ocean 55 what was our main ocean, i gave the founder two days notice as we were allied with them, it's a matter of respect.

So you decided to join TT and bring a few of the big guys with you, i didn't mind this as people are free to make their own decisions. You then kept inviting and talking to more and more players slowly convincing them that TT was the better option. Once someone like Azema left it was easy to get the others.

I tried speaking to Occult, basil and cheeze several times on several matters but got next to nothing back, it was clear to see that they were no allies of us and would continue to get my best players and then take whats left of us.

Rather than play into TTs game more than i already had i decided to stop and then disband ATTK.

The only regret i have is giving Occult too much credit to think that he wouldn't play this dirty and the fact i didn't trust my instincts more.

I will say this however, if a founder makes a decision and even if it is done without the council it should still be respected and followed, you have the right to moan when/if it should go wrong.

DeletedUser17045

What baffles me most is how on earth ATTK were going to merge into Alpha Centuri when (as of current standings) have 93 members out of the possible 100. What were you two planning on doing? Kicking a large portion of each of your members and forming one "super alliance?" Talk about loyalty and what not...

DeletedUser

Well to me it seems like things got ugly fast +rep Phears for the very detailed explanation and sorry for your loese may you have better luck in the future

DeletedUser12324

What baffles me most is how on earth ATTK were going to merge into Alpha Centuri when (as of current standings) have 93 members out of the possible 100. What were you two planning on doing? Kicking a large portion of each of your members and forming one "super alliance?" Talk about loyalty and what not...

Again it was only a thought and for both alliances, every alliance even one as elite as TT carries deadweight, you keep hold of it until it goes inactive or such things.

DeletedUser

Gotta say that I am totally with Phears here. His considerations for the future of ATTK were absolutely sound and valid in my opinion, and I think he was an excelling leader. Would very much like to serve under his command one day again, but hopefully not in an entire different quadrant of the ocean but in his immediate vicinity so that we might be able to team up efficiently.

Should there be an upcoming 2-2 revolt world without morale, I'd be honoured if he recruited me.

DeletedUser

I know that this is beside the point but why did you choose AC for the merge? I would have chosen MoM for the merge and worked together to conquer ocean 55.

DeletedUser

Hrm. Or you could just kill everybody and laugh at them. That's pretty fun too, and it just may be the point if the game.. The problem is after you merge and look good on paper you still have to back it up. That's where most fail.

DeletedUser

The original NAP with TT was a mistake they had too many demands and in the end (which wasn't very long) it was unbearable so we broke the NAP off and continued fighting, it wasn't a war.

If i remember rightly it was yourself to get the pact with TT again and also Musketeers (which i didn't know anything about).

I mailed you about the Musketeers pact, so you're mistaken there. And with the TT pact, I told basil to hold on, until I talked to the council first. It was you who then dropped every pact, but i believe 1 (each of those pacts you dropped were the ones you made by the way without me knowing) Shipwrecked? Lunaticks? Two more I can't even remember, and I would have said no if you had bothered to ask the council.

Yes i was speaking to AC about a merge amongst other options but you took that as a decision yet nothing was done or going to be done until i had heard from you and the other council members, this is where you was in the wrong and accused me of making decisions without consulting you.

No, you had already mailed Alpha and discussed a merge with him, then told us what your plans were. I wasn't planning on leaving that day, because we had agreed not to, and you said nothing was final.

I decided to drop the pact with MoM as it was the logical way forwards, they apart from TT were the biggest force in ocean 55 what was our main ocean, i gave the founder two days notice as we were allied with them, it's a matter of respect.

This is when I decided I was going to leave. When you went ahead with what was phase 1 of the plan to merge with Alpha (you know, the plan we said no to) The whole plan started with dropping MoM, fighting them, and merging with Alpha after.

You mailed MoM saying we were dropping the pact, and then told us. You made finalized plans to drop an ally to choose someone we had no diplomacy with before discussing it with anyone. It was not the logical way forwards, the logical way would have been to stand by them, and help them with their fight.

So you decided to join TT and bring a few of the big guys with you, i didn't mind this as people are free to make their own decisions. You then kept inviting and talking to more and more players slowly convincing them that TT was the better option. Once someone like Azema left it was easy to get the others.

Wrong again, I believe the only people I mailed first, was sizzlesaints and Azema, and I had been talking to azema a few hours before I even left, he was unsure which way he wanted to go for a while, and wanted to make sure the players he worked the closest were going to go with him. The rest either mailed me, or were on the list of players Azema wanted to go with him.

Rather than play into TTs game more than i already had i decided to stop and then disband ATTK.

TT's game? I left, and the ones who wanted to follow me followed me. That was it.

The only regret i have is giving Occult too much credit to think that he wouldn't play this dirty and the fact i didn't trust my instincts more.

I will say this however, if a founder makes a decision and even if it is done without the council it should still be respected and followed, you have the right to moan when/if it should go wrong.

For the first bit, I never played dirty, in fact, I left because you just decided you were going to backstab an alliance without any of the council (or me, the person who had been running your alliance for you) knowing about it.

For the 2nd part, I mailed sizzlesaints and azema, left my message in the forums explaining why i left, and then left. I also have the right to leave don't I? When I joined this alliance, that is not how it was run, mostly because you weren't running it. You needed help because you were too busy. So I stepped up, lead us on without you for the most part. Other than to mail you to make sure what I was about to do next was ok. And thanks for that, slowing down everything I did, making me wait for you to get online 1 time a day. I wouldn't have minded a dictatorship so much, had I not been the one who ran everything while you were too "busy".

That was the plan exactly. Drop half of our members, Alpha dropped 30 or so of theirs, and we moved in together, leaving behind 50 players without an alliance, and then turned on MoM.

Gotta say that I am totally with Phears here. His considerations for the future of ATTK were absolutely sound and valid in my opinion, and I think he was an excelling leader. Would very much like to serve under his command one day again, but hopefully not in an entire different quadrant of the ocean but in his immediate vicinity so that we might be able to team up efficiently.

Should there be an upcoming 2-2 revolt world without morale, I'd be honoured if he recruited me.

This is something I can't understand, I believe Bringer of ghanga said the same thing as well in the alliance forum, Phears was logging in once a day for quite a long time, the only decisions he made were the options I layed out for him, and he would agree or say no. It was mostly me or the council running the show. Most of ATTK had no idea how little Phears got online unless they ever tried to mail him, which I did, multiple times a day, trying to get him to help me out because he was supposed to be approving all decisions but I would have to wait 18-24 (or more) hours. After the alliance with TT (the 2nd time) is when Phears took the reigns again, and started moving us in the opposite direction.

DeletedUser12324

I only wish i kept ATTK going a bit longer so that i could prove that the plans for the merge were only an idea and nothing more, nearly EVERYTHING was discussed with the council first, yes i dropped the pacts with alliances such as shipwrecked, they were never going to be much use to us and we needed targets, we couldn't pact every top 15 alliance now could we?

You told me about the TT pact which the council decided on yes but musketeers i had literally no idea about other than the fact you had been talking with them.

Again you refer to us dropping the pact with MoM as part of the merge plan? The plan that was never going to happen or atleast for the foreseeable future. I could see that although we had some of our players as a good solid team there was still quite a few which needed to catch up and so i wasn't going to put us in a fight against Alpha or Carpe or TT or even Grimm how could we expect to move forwards if we didn't even have control over 1 ocean yet?

If it wasn't you recruiting ATTK's best players it was certainly someone in TT. This is what i didn't like, TT was meant to be pact with us an yet cheeze would never reply to my messages, basil would reply to me every so often but not really say much or what was really going on apart from i needed to speak with you about the people leaving (see how i came to the conclusion you were poaching my members?...)

Everyone now knows exactly how TT play and everyone remains with their pacts in tact either through being scared or a tactical idea of their own.

Yes i was busy some days, i work full time and have alot to do on top of that but no matter what i would log in 3-4 times a day, even if i didn't reply to mails to write anything on the forums i would be on and seeing exactly what was happening, i always took the alliances growth over mine.

So please don't try and slag me off as a leader, i have not said anything bad about you other than the fact that you were taking my members which i basically had proof of. Apart from that i actually gave you alot of credit to the alliance when you left, i did put the first couple leaving down to friendships but when more and more came over i'm not that much of an idiot not to think otherwise.

DeletedUser

I only wish i kept ATTK going a bit longer so that i could prove that the plans for the merge were only an idea and nothing more, nearly EVERYTHING was discussed with the council first, yes i dropped the pacts with alliances such as shipwrecked, they were never going to be much use to us and we needed targets, we couldn't pact every top 15 alliance now could we?

No we couldn't, my point was you made these useless pacts with no one knowing, and then without letting anyone know yet again, just dropped them.

You told me about the TT pact which the council decided on yes but musketeers i had literally no idea about other than the fact you had been talking with them.

Yes, talking to them about a pact. What in the world else would I have talked to them about? The weather?

Again you refer to us dropping the pact with MoM as part of the merge plan? The plan that was never going to happen or atleast for the foreseeable future. I could see that although we had some of our players as a good solid team there was still quite a few which needed to catch up and so i wasn't going to put us in a fight against Alpha or Carpe or TT or even Grimm how could we expect to move forwards if we didn't even have control over 1 ocean yet?

I was only upset you talked with alpha about a merge before talking with the rest of us, I didn't leave because of it. I was mad that you bailed on MoM without letting anyone know. And we did a pretty good job holding our own against an alliance as good as TT. With MoM's help, I was not worried about a war with Alpha (if it came to it) I wanted us to keep growing as fast as we could to be ready for anything that came our way. You were the one with little faith in our power to fight alliances bigger than us. That was obvious to me when you said you were even discussing a merge. Why would I keep leading an alliance, where the founder didn't think very highly of it?

If it wasn't you recruiting ATTK's best players it was certainly someone in TT. This is what i didn't like, TT was meant to be pact with us an yet cheeze would never reply to my messages, basil would reply to me every so often but not really say much or what was really going on apart from i needed to speak with you about the people leaving (see how i came to the conclusion you were poaching my members?...)

Poaching? Really? You were willing to drop half of them for a chance for a leadership role in Alpha. The only reason you didn't choose TT, and I quote "there's no way i woul;d get joint founder rights." (copied quite a few things in case I needed them to defend myself here, so be careful next time you try to fudge any truths) Even if it was just a plan, nothing set in stone, you were still willing to. This was the plan you wanted to see happen. And I am not going to keep repeating myself with this. I only mailed Azema and Sizzlesaints, and I forgot I might have mailed thegreysparrow, I don't remember if he mailed me asking why I left, or if I mailed him telling him I'd like him to come with me. The rest mailed me first. Leaving ATTK wasn't a spur of the moment thing for me. I didn't decide in one day, and neither did anyone who left ATTK. They needed more than a day to leave. I forced no one to come with me, if you want to call it poaching, then I could really care less.

Yes i was busy some days, i work full time and have alot to do on top of that but no matter what i would log in 3-4 times a day, even if i didn't reply to mails to write anything on the forums i would be on and seeing exactly what was happening, i always took the alliances growth over mine.

I do not believe this for a single minute. I contacted you almost everyday, and it would take more than 24 hours for you to be online to respond. For weeks it was like that. You can tell the forums otherwise, but I was there.

i have not said anything bad about you

The only regret i have is giving Occult too much credit to think that he wouldn't play this dirty

A contradiction in my opinion. I will not lie about how I feel about you. I do not dislike you personally, but as a leader, you are quite lacking. You are not active enough, you dictate when you do decide to lead, and even when you decide to lead, you take things in one direction one day, and the complete opposite the next. You seem to care far too much about having leadership rights, and not enough about the actual alliance.

quoteeditdelete
Phears 2012-02-15 13:28
I'm sorry but that's not how i play, i will be telling the founder of MoM before we break the pact, i'm not going to backstab someone for the sake of getting the upper hand.

With AC pushing them from the south and us all around them they will fall but they will fall standing up not lying down.

quoteeditdelete
(NAME EDITED) 2012-02-15 13:35
do as you wish, but please, cut the hypocritical bs.. Merging with AC is backstabbing MoM no matter how you will twist it. If you gave them a month to prepare for it, maybe less so, but in it's core it is still backstabbing. It's just a question of how much time you are going to give them.

quoteeditdelete
(NAME EDITED) 2012-02-15 13:55
Come on Phears, you let Saint take down an entire alliance, you dropped all our allies to join with our mutual nemesis TT. Why start playing clean now? Grepolis is a war game, it's about being the biggest. With a move like this we can take down an entire alliance almost totally, something that brings us one step closer to being the biggest.

quoteeditdelete
Phears 2012-02-15 14:45
Saint took down an alliance which was an enemy and tried poaching and threatening our members and wouldn't give up.

We re-allied with TT because they dropped thier silly demands.

I will give MoM only a day or two's notice which i beleive is a respectable amount of time while keeping it smart for us.

Do not tell me to drop the "hypocritical bs" i am impulsive not reckless, i am tactical not a backstabber so lets not go down that road....

Not all the council have spoken yet as to whether or not we will now go to war with MoM.

quoteeditdelete
(NAME EDITED) 2012-02-15 14:47
Phears has written the following:

I will give MoM only a day or two's notice which i beleive is a respectable amount of time while keeping it smart for us.

cool, that sounds like a solid compromise. I am for it :)

sorry for the outburst, I am impulsive as well :/
quoteeditdelete
Phears 2012-02-15 17:23
Right decision made i believe.

I have messaged Sir Seb and given him 2 days notice, him and his top 15 can join us or we can just all fight eachother.

quoteeditdelete
Occult40 2012-02-15 19:21
Ok, so what the hell is going on here? I was going to say why the hell are we going to work with Alpha Centuri over our ally? Why would we flop on masters of mayhem like that? And why is it all of a sudden I don't get to speak up about anything? Did I not just drag us out of the war with TT that was slowly destroying us? Have I not always been there when Phears was too busy?

And as for joint leader rights for a merge with TT I would be against them anyway. When a leader decides he's ready to merge, he's quitting on his alliance, and therefore gives up any rights he has to lead them.

I'm all for underhanded moves, but not when it's not completely necessary. Do what you can to win, but there's no need to choose this route.

"Do not tell me to drop the "hypocritical bs" i am impulsive not reckless, i am tactical not a backstabber so lets not go down that road...."

An impulsive player is a wreckless player, and makes for a worse leader. And you seem to misunderstand the word "tactical". Tactics, is not dropping all of our allies once it looks like things may get a little tough. It makes us look like the ones who can't be trusted, and in all honesty, with you as the leader/dictator, we couldn't be trusted.

DeletedUser12324

Even those members who did join you occult will still say that i was active, if it was something that needed answering then it was answered in a matter of hours, perhaps your timezone didn't help the situation.

I could bring up certain points and argue this conversation to death but i won't.

The way i see it is that you just hated the fact that i would never give you complete control and still made decisions occasionally by myself. Had you stayed and not convinced half the members otherwise we would still be taking MoM cities and growing stronger in ocean 55 working alongside AC while maintaining pacts with TT, Musketeers and Grimm, from there we could of then taken on bigger alliances and really made a future for ourselves.

I'm not blaming ATTK's downfall all on you Occult i still do believe that TT were playing us just as they are to other alliances currently and who can blame them it seems to be working afterall.

At the end of the day it's very easy to point out mistakes to those in-charge, just look at the way political figures get blamed when stuff goes wrong even if not their faults. Either way i am proud of what we managed to build and i do not regret decisions made, i will not try to justify my actions any further than this, if you wish to continue be my guest but i'm done with the past.

DeletedUser

Lol, I'm just doing the same, reading and eating. Well it's always interesting how a supposed good leading and strong alliance went down because of some communication issues.