Attk M.I.A

DeletedUser24179

grabs a beer a lawnchair and popcorn and sits next to cheezehead and ruebn

DeletedUser

I'll keep the entertainment going then. Sort of like one of those mid day talk shows. Someone restrain me from throwing a chair please.

Even those members who did join you occult will still say that i was active, if it was something that needed answering then it was answered in a matter of hours, perhaps your timezone didn't help the situation.

The way i see it is that you just hated the fact that i would never give you complete control and still made decisions occasionally by myself. Had you stayed and not convinced half the members otherwise we would still be taking MoM cities and growing stronger in ocean 55 working alongside AC while maintaining pacts with TT, Musketeers and Grimm, from there we could of then taken on bigger alliances and really made a future for ourselves.

I left, I didn't take the alliance over, I didn't even want to lead at all, I told you this when you asked for someone with experience leading to help you while you were too busy. I absolutely hate leading, way too much time and effort. But, I'm somewhat good at it, and didn't want the alliance to suffer from the founders temporary inactivity. And yes, I did hate the fact that you would come on and just make a random pact with a random alliance, and then the next week drop them. I dealt with it, until that pact you were dropping was MoM, and alliance we should have backed.

And you also can't deny, that for a long time, you were largely inactive. You did eventually come back and then started dictating immediately. You've already admitted that much, saying that I should have just sat down and watched you run us into the ground. Which is what that plan would have done. Dropping an ally to side with someone we had barely talked to? You had already dropped so many alliances all willy nilly that no one would have trusted us after that. You keep saying TT can't be trusted and that they've got this master plan. But why? What has TT done to not be trusted? ATTK falling apart was because the two of us are far too different players to be in the same alliance. You were far too impulsive (aka wreckless), so I left, and players followed me.

I'm not blaming ATTK's downfall all on you Occult i still do believe that TT were playing us just as they are to other alliances currently and who can blame them it seems to be working afterall.

At the end of the day it's very easy to point out mistakes to those in-charge, just look at the way political figures get blamed when stuff goes wrong even if not their faults. Either way i am proud of what we managed to build and i do not regret decisions made, i will not try to justify my actions any further than this, if you wish to continue be my guest but i'm done with the past.

Grepolis is not like running a country. The things the leaders do, and the decisions they make directly affect the alliance they lead. We were too different to be in the same alliance. We both wanted to push in different directions, I wanted to run my plans through the council before putting them into motion, and you just did what you wanted.

DeletedUser

In my eyes you are both great leaders... And the leadership felt appart by just a bunch of communication problems. It seems to be that Phears liked to run his alliance by his own, were is no problem with so long you can manage it and you aren't a bad dictator. But than there came some RL between it so he needed help to run his own created well functioning big alliance. Occult had no problem with that because of the lack of other candidates. And there started the problems.... You ask someone to be in the leadership what is totally no problem, a good alliance can only run with more than 1 leader in my eyes. But it seems to be that Phears still wanted to do everything on his own. When he had finally some time to make some decisions he did some without negotiating with Occult.

I can totally understand Occult's irratation by than... If he has been asked to come in the leadership you guys should started to work as a team. Not one who makes the decisions. You say in the intern forum wich side you want to go to, you tell about wich important decisions need to be taken and ask Occult for his opinion. After he told his opinion you can negotiate if needed and when that's finally worked out you can start to put the decision in working. When there would be eternal struggles and no solution would be found, does have the leader the right to do what he want, BUT he need to be aware of wich damage it could do to his alliance etc. If one of the other greater figures don't agree, there's always a chance he don't wantr to go further with a leadership like that. So choose for the mid way, the golden way in cases like that.

Now it all happened and I hope you guys find a good place on grep. And I wish you ofcourse further luck in the game, but next time don't forget communication effort is essential from both sides !

DeletedUser

What baffles me most is how on earth ATTK were going to merge into Alpha Centuri when (as of current standings) have 93 members out of the possible 100. What were you two planning on doing? Kicking a large portion of each of your members and forming one "super alliance?" Talk about loyalty and what not...

Oh come now Cheeze, you of all players should have a deep understanding of what a handful of the Beta testers of this game try and do.
We bring in the new, some experienced, and try and get them up to speed on the ins and outs of the game itself.

Let's see, I've played in 30 worlds, 31 counting Beta testing, and in each, the real challenge lay in getting those new players to commit to a long term game, win or lose.

DeletedUser

I'll keep the entertainment going then. Sort of like one of those mid day talk shows. Someone restrain me from throwing a chair please.

I left, I didn't take the alliance over, I didn't even want to lead at all, I told you this when you asked for someone with experience leading to help you while you were too busy. I absolutely hate leading, way too much time and effort. But, I'm somewhat good at it, and didn't want the alliance to suffer from the founders temporary inactivity. And yes, I did hate the fact that you would come on and just make a random pact with a random alliance, and then the next week drop them. I dealt with it, until that pact you were dropping was MoM, and alliance we should have backed.

And you also can't deny, that for a long time, you were largely inactive. You did eventually come back and then started dictating immediately. You've already admitted that much, saying that I should have just sat down and watched you run us into the ground. Which is what that plan would have done. Dropping an ally to side with someone we had barely talked to? You had already dropped so many alliances all willy nilly that no one would have trusted us after that. You keep saying TT can't be trusted and that they've got this master plan. But why? What has TT done to not be trusted? ATTK falling apart was because the two of us are far too different players to be in the same alliance. You were far too impulsive (aka wreckless), so I left, and players followed me.

Grepolis is not like running a country. The things the leaders do, and the decisions they make directly affect the alliance they lead. We were too different to be in the same alliance. We both wanted to push in different directions, I wanted to run my plans through the council before putting them into motion, and you just did what you wanted.

All of this sounds fantastic Occult.

Unfortunately, it's not realistic. This game is not the real world, and a council, although a noble idea, I have found has not in point of fact succeeded in more than a majority of the worlds on Grepolis.

Oh, don't get me wrong, in some circumstances, it's warranted, but at the end of the day, a decision made by 1 or 2 or even a mere 3 members after receiving sound council from others with more insight on any given situation, proves to be more successful than councils.

It's not a matter of ego, nor is it a matter of playing master for the sake of ego, in any sound alliance the old saying of "The buck stops here" with regards to decisions is pretty much accurate. The game in a world moves at such a speed in some cases that the Oligarchy system works much better than the Republic system.

Although, I must admit myself, when I was playing on Sigma and Nu, I did witness some short term success in those ruling frames. So to some extent I will digress, but overall, no, they don't normally succeed.

DeletedUser17045

Oh come now Cheeze, you of all players should have a deep understanding of what a handful of the Beta testers of this game try and do.
We bring in the new, some experienced, and try and get them up to speed on the ins and outs of the game itself.

Let's see, I've played in 30 worlds, 31 counting Beta testing, and in each, the real challenge lay in getting those new players to commit to a long term game, win or lose.

I try to organise all that PRIOR to the world actually starts to kick off. I've always said preparation is key.

DeletedUser

I try to organise all that PRIOR to the world actually starts to kick off. I've always said preparation is key.

I agree with that, but this is my first go with the MRA way in almost a year in a half now.
It's been fun, frustrating, humorous but mostly just a positive experience watching the new players get excited and learning the tricks of the trade.

I don't think we've done to poorly in AC, let's hope some of these players that have taken to the game stick around and become better players, it's fun to have a more competitive environment, even in other worlds as they get more involved.

DeletedUser17045

I have no arguments with that. Competitiveness is what keeps a lot of players interested in playing...like me.

DeletedUser

Like a game of tennis, the accusations flew
the thread of ATTK M.I.A. just grew and grew
Occult40 was going to have his say
about Phears running the alliance of ATTK

So the messages were put up flying on this thread
as fast as they were put up they were all read
so who is at fault Occult40 or Phears
maybe this should be settled by swords and spears

For who is right or wrong it matters not
in time this will be a thread all forgot
how Phears and Occult40 got into a fight
over who was wrong and who was right......

Basil

Neither Phears or Occult40 were hurt in the making of the poem, however, much popcorn was eaten......

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Like a game of tennis, the accusations flew
the thread of ATTK M.I.A. just grew and grew
Occult40 was going to have his say
about Phears running the alliance of ATTK

So the messages were put up flying on this thread
as fast as they were put up they were all read
so who is at fault Occult40 or Phears
maybe this should be settled by swords and spears

For who is right or wrong it matters not
in time this will be a thread all forgot
how Phears and Occult40 got into a fight
over who was wrong and who was right......

Basil

Neither Phears or Occult40 were hurt in the making of the poem, however, much popcorn was eaten......

I read all your poems to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies' theme song.

DeletedUser22940

No, I don't play in this world anymore, but I can speak on the state of ATTK since I was their first member until the day I quit Gythium.

The alliance lacked direction and leadership. Occult did a great job, but he was the only one who acted. There was zero communication from leadership except for mass mailings telling everyone to step it up while leadership did not.

While Phears may be a great player/leader on other servers, he was not here. No offence Phears, but this alliance, and the boredom that it drove to the server is the reason I quit. We were pacted with nearly everyone in 55, and got nothing in return...it was a hot mess.

Honestly, I was trying to convince Occult to leave and join TT with me, but he refused so I quit. Wish I would have stayed around a bit longer...

Either way, nice work on disbanding the alliance Phears, it was the honorable move.

DeletedUser12324

I can see loyalty is a fickle thing however it's something i've known for long time on grepolis so i'm not surprised at both your recent actions. It's funny how you never mentioned anything to me sainted, this topic is now dead so i don't know what you hope to gain by attempting to slag me off any further.

DeletedUser

A forum is only dead as long as no one is posting, so by sainted posting, it is no longer dead. Sort of like a zombie. :p

That being said, a person's loyalty does not mean we will follow someone out of an airplane if they aren't willing to at least hand us a parachute. Or something like that. What I mean is, just because someone doesn't agree with you (for whatever reasons we had, I won't go into them again) doesn't make them not loyal, or a backstabber. It means they have a different opinion and view than you do, and aren't forced to follow someone to our deaths (not literal deaths)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22940

lol, you had my loyalty from day one. Doesn't mean you were the best leader. Wasn't slamming you, just stating the truth. Do not question my loyalty as day after day on this garbage server I endured threats from garbage alliances to join them or die.

Did I leave your side? No.
Did I infiltrate an alliance and dismantle them for you? Yes.
Did you still pact with those same people? Yes.
Did I bring down heat on me personally, for your gain? Yes.
Did I ever see a lick of support from you? No.

I ghosted the server and had to give my city to TT because you couldn't take it lol. Had I not been loyal to you, I would have just joined them instead.

Either way, this thread is dead, I agree, but this says it all bro.