Passed Auto-Block Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Choose settings for other players to be able to message you.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No

Reason:
Since I started playing (and especially within the last few weeks) I have received tons of junk mail for other games, this led me to thinking about this

Details:
I am proposing that you can set requirements for other players to message you ingame, all requirements will be only for the server you have set them in.
Two Possible settings could be:
1. Point Requirements (probably the best as spammers never get more than 400 points :))
2. Alliance requirements (Must be in your alliance to message you, you could also accept pact mails or choose to refuse messages from enemies)
I do believe that these settings should not be able to block messages from others in your alliance.

Visual Aids:
Nope's.

Balance:
It won't affect any other features in the game.

Abuse Prevention:
None

Summary:
Can't really shorten it further o_O
And I know that I didn't put much thought into this, but I just want rid of these spam messages :pro:

DeletedUser22115

Bad idea as what if an alliance wants to have a pact with yours how can they message you. if its the beginning of the world how can people message you to join there alliance or if they start on the rim they cant message you.

BAB IDEA stamped all over it. No Offense.

DeletedUser

Bad idea as what if an alliance wants to have a pact with yours how can they message you. if its the beginning of the world how can people message you to join there alliance or if they start on the rim they cant message you.

BAB IDEA stamped all over it. No Offense.

You choose the settings, if you are the leader you would obviously wouldn't set things that would prevent alliances from contacting you, if you are at the start of the world you probably won't choose any settings.

Nothing saying you have to have them!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

Yes, there is. Sometimes you see mail notifications, but you can't click on them. That is the filter.

DeletedUser

Think people aren't getting what I am saying.

Basically you can stop people who don't reach certain requirements from messaging you. You choose the requirements.
The main thing I want is the ability to stop players below 400 points from messaging me on Ephesus as it is always spam about one game or another...

DeletedUser13495

I agree even under 200 point would be good considering 90% of the spam I receive is from players that haven't built anything (175 points)

DeletedUser

i gotta say i kinda like the idea :p. there is nothing to say u have to use this, but for those that want to can.

moved to improvements

please continue to post ur feedback

DeletedUser

Yes, there is. Sometimes you see mail notifications, but you can't click on them. That is the filter.

I was under the impression those were cases when a message had been reported (by someone else) and removed by a moderator before you have a chance to open it. You still have the notification, but the message itself is gone, so you cannot open it.

Might be wrong, though.

DeletedUser

Just wondering if anything is actually happening with this xD

DeletedUser27700

Part of the recent update was that you need a certain amount of points now before you can mass mail other players.

So as this is now implemented, I suppose this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.