Inactive Topic Auto-peacetime

DeletedUser23986

Proposal: Auto peacetime should be implemented, when the proxy servers of grepolis in any country fail.

Reasons: When on a an international market, several communities or regions are denied access to the game, then well its high time, to consider this.

There is a high chance that players try to exploit such times to win an unfair advantage over thier enemy, killling thier offense, and taking some of thier cities.

Also there are players who don't use/ want to use proxy servers as they might end up you being banned for multi-accounting(given others use the same one) and co-playing.

Details: The moment, the proxy server in any country fails to work for over 30mins, an auto-peacetime is applied. No new attacks, support, spies, spells can be launched. All existing ones still go. However the players using the failed proxy server are spotted, and attacks only visit him. Any ongoing seige gets CANCELLED(given that it can no longer be broken as no new attacks can be launched)

ABuse: I don't think we can destroy the servers :p

Format: Not applied. I want to know by the idea mod if this is improvement to current peacetime, or a new development.

Ideas will be moved a couple days out of the week, giving the original poster enough time to fix format (if necessary).
As you won't move it today itself, i have ample time after you tell me what it is,

DeletedUser

Being an international user and a victim of today's access problem, I agree with the thread.

I think that once the grepolis team knows that there is currently a server problem or accessibility problem that will affect some players, players that contact the support and have evidence that they could not connect into their server should at least get something that prevents you city from getting attacked and once you log on, it automatically disappears and people can attack you again. Otherwise, as mentioned above, not only are you already behind due to not building/farming/training troops for however amount of time you have not been able to access the server, you may even lose everything you have spent your time building for the past days, weeks, and maybe even months to just one small server problem.

I will also like to add that where I live, proxy servers are blocked by the government. It is very inconvenient for my to use proxies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27700

To address your question, I would consider this a development. There is currently no such feature in the game.

About your idea, I think it would fall under the too much coding, too little gain category. Outages like what happened recently are very rare, and like most people, we don't think about how to prevent things, only how to fix them. I like it in theory, I just don't know if the effort would be put forth to actually do it. There is a lot of coding involved here.