Auto translate any webpage

• Thread starter DeletedUser15955
  • Start date

DeletedUser15955

For website designers

With this free Google code you can translate your website into many languages, with no work.

Requirements: You must have access to your web page and be able to upload a new version.

Code: Put this code anywhere within your HTML body tag:
<div id="google_translate_element"></div><script>
function googleTranslateElementInit() {
new google.translate.TranslateElement({
pageLanguage: 'en'
}, 'google_translate_element');
}
</script><script src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>
Example: Click "Select language" on this page to translate. http://www.ashrava.com/sandbox/speaker_parts/loudspeaker_drivers.php This page is the beginning of a Loudspeaker Building section that I'm adding to my website.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15955

And yes, you can even go to website named Google Translate

There is a huge functional difference between the two solutions.

When you visit the Google Translate page, you must cut and paste your content in order to get a translation.

With the code I provided, a web page is automatically translated without having to leave the site of origin.

I believe on-page translation would be incredibly useful for Grepolis web sites, since we are a global community.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure but my google chrome already translates language without me having to do anything. I can even choose to which language it translates.

DeletedUser15955

I'm not sure but my google chrome already translates language without me having to do anything. I can even choose to which language it translates.

Yes this is a good point for personal use. There are many excellent add-ons for Chrome, Firefox, etc that include a translation feature.

The intent of my post was to reach out to the web designers (especially those building Grepolis tool sites). In website design one must plan for visitors to use different web browsers to access a website.

With my solution, translation is provided regardless of the web browser that is used.

DeletedUser5

The thing with using Google Translate is that it often uses literal translations, which do not portray the meaning that you wanted to portray. Having translations done by person ensures that the translations mean exactly what you wanted them to.

DeletedUser15955

The thing with using Google Translate is that it often uses literal translations, which do not portray the meaning that you wanted to portray. Having translations done by person ensures that the translations mean exactly what you wanted them to.

That is most certainly true. Google Translate is not a real translation. When given the option, actual translation by humans is always superior to Google Translate.

Though it's not perfect, the HTML inserted Google Translate code will show the original source material in a pop-up when you mouse-over that sentence.

I've been using Google Translate to play Sevenlands on the German server. Without a (bad) translation I'd never be able to play at all. And that would be sad.

And not that gaming is exactly commerce, but I have used this code at my day job (ecommerce for a distributor). Since implementing Google Translate on every page, our international orders have increased significantly.

Varun

Strategos
Google Translate also auto translates a web page. It's clearly stated below the text entry box on the site.

Google Translate said:
Type text or a website address or translate a document.

DeletedUser15955

Google Translate also auto translates a web page. It's clearly stated below the text entry box on the site.

I believe there is a difference between cutting and pasting a website into another webpage versus staying on the same webpage and moving about freely.

I am of the opinion that anything that keeps someone on your site longer, will increase traffic and length of time spent on that particular page.

My code snippet was only to suggest an option for building websites.