Auto Updating Maps

DeletedUser

Here are [user]Ac04[/user]'s auto updating maps for this world. There are 4 different maps available, in 2 different sizes.

If there are any problems with the maps, please let [user]Ac04[/user] know either by using a wall post, or by posting in the following thread: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?16160-Feature-1-Auto-Updating-Maps

So without further ado, here are the maps:

DeletedUser

Why are players spawning so heavily to the southeast quadrant of Olympia? Distribution should be radial and more even. Paragon is being denied food! I'm interested to hear the rationale behind this bit of programming genius.

DeletedUser5

Why are players spawning so heavily to the southeast quadrant of Olympia? Distribution should be radial and more even. Paragon is being denied food! I'm interested to hear the rationale behind this bit of programming genius.

When players join a world, they choose the direction in which they start. If the world was going to be radial, surely they wouldn't ask you where you'd like to spawn...

If most players go southeast, then they'll spawn in the south-east where they want to. The game can't then force them into the top left/top-right/bottom/left... just to balance the map.

DeletedUser

All other things being equal, probability states that players would choose all four quadrants and distribution should not be so skewed. Why are so many choosing to go to the southeast? Is there some small issue that compels noobs to join the southeast? Whatever it is, it's certainly affecting my quality of gameplay. As things are, Paragon may as well be in an expansion ocean, because there's really nothing in the expansion oceans around us!

DeletedUser5

All other things being equal, probability states that players would choose all four quadrants and distribution should not be so skewed. Why are so many choosing to go to the southeast? Is there some small issue that compels noobs to join the southeast? Whatever it is, it's certainly affecting my quality of gameplay. As things are, Paragon may as well be in an expansion ocean, because there's really nothing in the expansion oceans around us!

I don't know why it is, but most premades choose to go in the South-east, and as a result, a significant amount of people end up in the south-east on each world, and not so much on other sectors.

DeletedUser

I wasn't aware of the "pre-made" factor. Thanks for that lil bit of info. Wish I had known that when I started. Now I see why Spider Monkeys have so many good players in Ocean 55. lol