Background Story of Grepolis

DeletedUser

I just want to know a bit about the general story behind Grepolis - what exact age are supposed to be in?

DeletedUser33530

Whoever wants to play. I have seen 6 years to 80 years.

DeletedUser

He means which era of Hellenic history, for which I cannot provide an answer. I'd feel inclined to believe that Grepolis is intentionally vague, as it is very much an open-ended game and its "history" is created by those that play it, not the style or its mechanics.

DeletedUser33530

So technical. I would say its sometime before Persia tried to invade as all the city-states are fighting one another.

DeletedUser

yeah it is rather vague isn't it. it's a random thought but I was wondering if this is what rome would have been like when jesus was alive.

btw it's a she not a he!

DeletedUser

My apologies, I tend to use 'he' as a unisex go-to term.

There's very little to indicate any kind of time stamp, so I doubt it has even been considered by the developers.

DeletedUser42621

He means which era of Hellenic history, for which I cannot provide an answer. I'd feel inclined to believe that Grepolis is intentionally vague, as it is very much an open-ended game and its "history" is created by those that play it, not the style or its mechanics.
dat ^ :D

DeletedUser5819

yeah it is rather vague isn't it. it's a random thought but I was wondering if this is what rome would have been like when jesus was alive.
It is intentionally Greek, not Roman. They may seem about the same time and place from this distance but they were very different.

DeletedUser39031

I'm going to suggest between 7th and 4th centuries B.C. That is when Triremes were the dominant ships and before the next generation of ships like the quinquireme

DeletedUser

I'd say around 7th century BC, because of the above reason, and that's when hoplites were introduced to Greek warfare.

DeletedUser39031

Why dont we have those ^
as new units?
A ship by that name was suggested in idea but shut down.

As for further reasoning, seeing how the Trireme is unlocked last in the academy I think it's safe to assume that that was meant to be the best ship in the game, and seeing how they dominated in 7th-4th B.C., that, is where my reasoning comes from.

DeletedUser

I'm going to suggest between 7th and 4th centuries B.C. That is when Triremes were the dominant ships and before the next generation of ships like the quinquireme

If they were added it would make more sense to call it a Quadrireme or a Hexareme.
Quinqueremes were a Carthaginian design.
Or a polyreme, they were the last eastern designs before the rise of the roman empire. (in this scenario greece is eastern and rome/carthage is western)

DeletedUser

oooh look at you guys showing off like fountains of knowledge :p impressed x