Newspaper Bacon's Ocean Overview Series

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Rather than making top 12 which takes a lot of time, i will be making series of ocean overviews weekly inside this thread to see how alliances are performing in their drop oceans and try to predict what will happen, first edition will either get published on friday evening or during the weekend and that should continue every 7 days until i eventually get bored :confused:

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Bacon's Ocean Overview Issue I

Ocean 44

ocean 44 legend.png
ocean 44 map.png

Fight for ocean 44 dominance will come down to Funky Bunch and Thunder Buddies alliances.
Both teams are quite close to each other and even sharing few islands so this should hopefully escalate the hostilities between both teams and give us a good fight to watch. Despite Legion LIV having cities in ocean 44, i do not see them as contenders for this particular area, mainly because they are spread out between ocean 44 and 54 making it more difficult to defend both sides of the border when they do get in a skirmish or full blown war on both sides of the ocean. Both Memes and BZC have cities on border with 44/45 and some cities in south 44, however i do not see either one of them wanting to move/invade ocean 44 at this time, both teams are eating easy cities in the border area to boost their overall firepower while they fight each other in this early skirmish.
For the overall ocean domination and its ownership i'm banking on Funky Bunch, so lets see how the map and ocean looks like in next weeks edition ;)

Ocean 45

ocean 45 legend.png
ocean 45 map.png

On first glance it would seem that ocean 45 is very similar to ocean 44, in sense that it is a battle between 2 teams for the ocean dominance with a little added spice of Dominators/Unicorns creeping up on the 45 border.
Ocean 45 is in somewhat early war stages of hc and bp skirmishing rather than full conquest attempts between Memes and BZC, which is surprising to me since Memes have been taking a few cities from Dominators/Unicorns inside ocean 45 and on 45/55 borderline islands. I am very much eager to see how this fight between Memes and BZC escalates and what will come of that. If you were to ask me who i expect to come on top of this ocean i would probably have to say Memes as they have better core and a lot more firepower that comes probably with a little better overall strategy/gameplan for the war and ocean in general, but we shall see in upcoming week or more how things progress :)

Ocean 54

ocean 54 legend.png
ocean 54 map.png

Ocean 54 seems like the biggest mess in this world alliance core wise. With Phoenix top players leaving this creates even bigger mess in the ocean. Even while there are more teams in the ocean, i would say its pretty much the same situation as ocean 44 where the overall alliance will come down to winner of Venom vs Nub Lovers. I like how the core of BlackAndWhite looks, however rooster wise i dont think they can compete much for overall ocean domination with other players in it, which would result in more less any other team inside 54 that is not Venom or Nub Lovers is plain and simple food for now or later when these teams chose to go at them. I would probably give the overall win of this ocean to Venom but it might take some time to do that which would result in them being behind from a lot of other top teams like Memes, Funky Bunch, Unicorns/Dominators who should have their home oceans sorted out before Venom does its own. Not to mention that initial core or area of where Venom is is not that close to any ocean to invade which means much harder expansion into other oceans, only move i see that is closest and probably best in the long run is to eat BlackAndWhite core which would serve as staging ground for ocean 44 invasion.

Ocean 55

ocean 55 legend.png
ocean 55 map.png

Ocean 55 seems like the most sorted out ocean so far, its pretty much one sided and already dominated ocean by Dominators/Unicorns they simply have some finishing touches and cleaning up to do and then they are more than free to pick an ocean to invade. Considering they are more less closest to ocean 45 and already somewhat in early war skirmish with Meme group, i would probably bet that is the ocean they will pick. Im unsure what relations they have with JFL but given how charlie works, if he is left unchecked he will simply start picking off inactives and offline players dominators/unicorns have in his area which would probably make for a 2 front war of sorts.. But all in all they have a great handle on things in their home ocean, eager to see how and if they solidify their area and what they do next in upcoming week or few.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Bacon's Ocean Overview Issue II

Ocean 44

ocean 44 legend.png
ocean 44 map.png

2 weeks later there is still no clear winner in ocean 44 while funky bunch are clearly more dominant power in their ocean. War score against thunder buddies has not increased as i expected which does raise some questions, whether it is harder to hold sieges due to event or some other reason, hopefully we will see increase in war score in that particular war. Ocean 44/54 is heating up with funky bunch slightly creeping up inside ocean 54 on venom turf which is already showing in their early skirmish, in my personal opinion i think invading ocean 54 like that was a wrong move with ocean 44 not yet finished, but hey, we shall see what this move brings.
When it comes down to south 44, BZC are clearly dominating that section as predicted in first newspaper edition, with few meme cities still lurking around. Long term this can probably go two ways.. first in case funky bunch are able to take out thunder buddies and control most of 44 giving them much needed firepower and focus to fight venom in ocean 54, or they get caught up in 2 front war unable to progress either front and sooner or later end up losing both oceans.. I would love to see Funky Bunch finish off thunder buddies and focus on Venom as that would be very interesting fight to watch, both teams would have only 1 alliance and no external help/pacts.

Ocean 45

ocean 45 legend.png
ocean 45 map.png

Ocean 45 also did not bring to a larger war score between 2 dominant powers of the ocean, both Memes and BZC are having hard time successfully finishing sieges on each other mainly due to event. While Memes expanded into south 45 and into 55, BZC expanded into north border of 45 and took larger control of south 44 islands. Not much is going on inside 45 that is worth noting, i hope that war between Memes and BZC heats up after event ends to see who is better without event and who will prevail in ocean 45 total dominance. Long term i probably see Memes winning against BZC and controlling most important parts of ocean 45.

Ocean 54

ocean 54 legend.png
ocean 54 map.png

Ocean 54 has seen probably largest consolidation of the major ocean part, all teams folded and venom emerged as 54 dominant power am i surprised? not at all, none of the alliances in their drop area did anything to stop venom from growing so this is what was expected to happen either way.
Ghostly spirits are alive and in east part of 54 however i dont see them fighting venom nor venom going after them so far for no apparent reason as they pose no threat. Now with funky bunch slowly creeping inside ocean 54, they have gained venom's full attention and i for one cant wait to see how that war looks like in upcoming weeks. Long term i do not think venom is here to play the endgame or takeover entire ocean 54, they are most likely going to expand into ocean 44 if war against funky proves to be heading into that direction in case they are able to push funky out of 54 first.

Ocean 55

ocean 55 legend.png
ocean 55 map.png

Ocean 55 was more less fully dominated by Dominators/Unicorns and they had very little to do about consolidation, they either did not have the motivation to finish it off or there were a lot of deadweight and were unable to finish it off, now they have effectively merged with Memes( at least some of them) and thus Memes control north half of ocean 55. With JFL still alive and growing on remains of Dominators/Unicorns and other weak teams in their area, they are in active war with Memes. Below JFL we have mixture of teams that occupy bottom half of ocean 55, out of which Mickey's Dollar Theatre seems like the best of the bunch, whether they are fighting JFL and working with Memes on that i do not know, but all in all they have lots of food around their area to continue growing without the need to fight JFL if they chose to go that route. Long term i still think that Memes will eventually have more less full control of most important parts of ocean 55.

DeletedUser55891

Ocean 44/54 is heating up with funky bunch slightly creeping up inside ocean 54 on venom turf which is already showing in their early skirmish, in my personal opinion i think invading ocean 54 like that was a wrong move with ocean 44 not yet finished, but hey, we shall see what this move brings.
that's what they call securing a border ;)

DeletedUser47128

Wow !! Those Disney princesses are tougher than they look !!

Probably because they have the backing of all of meme...

But I mean, ya know, it is what it is. one MM later and they'll have hella myth and ls nukes ready to just break jfl sieges at will.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser52067

Probably because they have the backing of all of meme...

But I mean, ya know, it is what it is. one MM later and they'll have hella myth and ls nukes ready to just break jfl sieges at will.

Could have sworn I saw Fingers and their four wings supporting. And back to basics. And that an MM was sent to BZC and Venom for support.

You're just mad our friends like us more, nerd!

DeletedUser47128

View attachment 15038
Only unfair when you get turned down I suppose?

LOL, love it man. I said nothing about it being fair or unfair. Simply stated why they are "tougher than they look". They would need meme's support in any head to head confrontation with JFL. That's not even me being biased, that's just pure fact.

As far as FOF goes, how many people from FOF actually sent support? Answer: Not many.

You can try to discredit what I said but it's literally the truth so...

Last edited by a moderator: