Ban Gold the 1st 7 days at a World start!

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Proof please... How in the World would you know this its pure speculation.

Okay? How about that the resource markets are often empty at the start of a server during BP and always full past the first couple weeks? Proof enough for you? I know that past the first few weeks I only gold cses and advisors unless under extreme circumstances and I know plenty of other people, like gkass and G who do the same.

wdj40

Hipparchus
of course i dont know how much gold inno makes but i know how much i spend and i guess this applies to many. and i know from myself that only during bp i spend gold to buy resources for buildings, for researches, for instant completion and for olympic games. the rest of the game i dont use gold for such things but only for armies and events.
Ah see I'm opposite is all. I don't spend Gold at the start and never to instantly complete things :)

I use G for Advisor's for the whole game and I spend some in the events that pop up.

wdj40

Hipparchus
Okay? How about that the resource markets are often empty at the start of a server during BP and always full past the first couple weeks? Proof enough for you? I know that past the first few weeks I only gold cses and advisors unless under extreme circumstances and I know plenty of other people, like gkass and G who do the same.
No of course not proof, you are still just guessing at the end of the day!

bugeyes10

Phrourach
No of course not proof, you are still just guessing at the end of the day!
Its called trend analysis.

812449654184345662.webp

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
I'm not talking about me, I've seen a **** loads of new players quit straight out of BP. I'm just thinking of any way to keep players around.

Did I mention your name?

If a player is incapable of sniping a CS out of BP, they should find a new game.

wdj40

Hipparchus
Did I mention your name?

If a player is incapable of sniping a CS out of BP, they should find a new game.
Sigh.... You are missing the point entirely. This thread, which was meant for the ideas thread not here, was just thinking out loud about keeping new players IN the game. Not for them to find a new game.

Population is so low as it is.

P.s you don't really need to mention my name if you quote me

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
Sigh.... You are missing the point entirely. This thread, which was meant for the ideas thread not here, was just thinking out loud about keeping new players IN the game. Not for them to find a new game.

Population is so low as it is.

P.s you don't really need to mention my name if you quote me

Maybe if people actually learned how to play the game instead of accusing everyone better than them of cheating there'd be more players

Milkarat

Chiliarch
I know you all want grep to live forever, but just accept it, it is dying and you can tell it is on life support when they drop all these money snatch packages. People just don't like games that require long term committal... Just look at any game ever and watch the player base for 13 years. They all have huge spikes at the beginning then slowly fade off as people realize how much committal it takes. Browser games just are not a 2020's thing, times are changing and pretty soon you will reminisce on the good ol days of dodging attacks and timing the perfect CS...

Attention spans are getting shorter and shorter with each generation due to the vastness of options available to everyone. Those of us who played this at release and still tune in for a world now and then are holding onto what we remember to be a great game even though the game isn't nearly as great as it was then. That is normal. Nothing will last forever and it is time for Inno to figure out what they are going to do.

I no longer care what happens with this game. I'll be around for the gold snatch when I have time, but it's unlikely I'll commit to playing out a world again.

MookFamous

Hipparchus
I know you all want grep to live forever, but just accept it, it is dying and you can tell it is on life support when they drop all these money snatch packages. People just don't like games that require long term committal... Just look at any game ever and watch the player base for 13 years. They all have huge spikes at the beginning then slowly fade off as people realize how much committal it takes. Browser games just are not a 2020's thing, times are changing and pretty soon you will reminisce on the good ol days of dodging attacks and timing the perfect CS...

Attention spans are getting shorter and shorter with each generation due to the vastness of options available to everyone. Those of us who played this at release and still tune in for a world now and then are holding onto what we remember to be a great game even though the game isn't nearly as great as it was then. That is normal. Nothing will last forever and it is time for Inno to figure out what they are going to do.

I no longer care what happens with this game. I'll be around for the gold snatch when I have time, but it's unlikely I'll commit to playing out a world again.

Well said, it's sad but true. Times are changing and this game is nothing but a relic of the past. Wish Inno could try to do something to save the game but the way it's looking, don't be surprised if they just shut it down.

wdj40

Hipparchus
lol I saw 3 days ago the Gold usage around me, 8 Merge players in total on my island. I already moved and that city was set up as BP farm. Wall shows I killed 3k troops and lost 1.7k. Anyhoo I build really quickly I'm not new at this, yet when I was at 3k in a couple of days there were 9k cities dropping out of BP 3 days early lmfao

Without Golding I can build 4 more cities now, I made 4k Gold from that city over the last day instead of building the city up (except the wall back up)... Which I will put to far better use than full LS or ALU nukes before BP ends.

In fact total killed from that 1 BP farm 6315 and total lost 3146... That is a pretty decent BP trade on day 1 for me :)

Last edited:

Kurbads.

Phrourach
1st.jpg

guys stop whine.. someone should pay for servers and stuff, this is old game.. let applause these true addicted grepo player who get devine powers and other stuff.. remember, their beginner power will not be forever.. just trade their gold and say thanks to play0rs like this one

Lost1547

Hipparchus
View attachment 16109

guys stop whine.. someone should pay for servers and stuff, this is old game.. let applause these true addicted grepo player who get devine powers and other stuff.. remember, their beginner power will not be forever.. just trade their gold and say thanks to play0rs like this one
Those divine powers would last more then you cause we all know you gonna ghost.
Stop being salty just because i rejected your invite application

kingpg28

Phrourach
people still complain about gold? i have been top 10 using gold and playing free its all activity based gold usage doesnt help as much as u think you just still broke after 11 yrs

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
people still complain about gold? i have been top 10 using gold and playing free its all activity based gold usage doesnt help as much as u think you just still broke after 11 yrs

people still complaining about kurb ghosting? i thought it was the norm by now..

MrJohnson

Hoplite
I'm new only started a few days ago and this game is dead.
Without the gold users there is no server, with the gold users there are no new players willing to play the game.
I know as soon as my protection ends I'm going to get swarmed by players. There is a guy just 2 islands away from me with 94k points ranked 5th, I started 2 days ago. I should not be starting so close to a player like that.
This is not something I can defend against, you can't join a good alliance as a new player you just get rejected. So all I can do is lose my city and get a new one that will probably be close to another high ranking player.

There are not enough players in the game to create a buffer between the high and low ranks.

gkassimis

Hipparchus
I'm new only started a few days ago and this game is dead.
Without the gold users there is no server, with the gold users there are no new players willing to play the game.
I know as soon as my protection ends I'm going to get swarmed by players. There is a guy just 2 islands away from me with 94k points ranked 5th, I started 2 days ago. I should not be starting so close to a player like that.
This is not something I can defend against, you can't join a good alliance as a new player you just get rejected. So all I can do is lose my city and get a new one that will probably be close to another high ranking player.

There are not enough players in the game to create a buffer between the high and low ranks.
probably you talk about proioxis-1. we cant demonize gold for everything. the fact that you are without alliance, even one of the small ones, its your fault. the fact that after 5 days you still have 1 city 2200 points instead of 3 cities is also your fault. sure if he sets eyes on you then you are doomed however you need to do your best before complaining. gold gives you an advantage but its not everything. experience and activity can help the lack of gold. for example i have 8 cities atm (plus a slot) and not only i havent spent a single gold except for advisors but i have made 30k gold so far