Ban Gold the 1st 7 days at a World start!

Grepo Chuckey

Lochagos
So (Insert alliance name here) fill out the top 10 already. I havn't missed a minute of the day and had 25% off construction tokens running 100%% of the time.

Yet I have half the points of all these players already. Everyone should come out of BP on even terms then switch on the Gold.

I'm not having a moan at the Gold users but I'm kind of sick of seeing this every World :( The last 2 Worlds I was in the game is over before End-Game is anywhere near starting.

wdj40

Hipparchus
So (Insert alliance name here) fill out the top 10 already. I havn't missed a minute of the day and had 25% off construction tokens running 100%% of the time.

Yet I have half the points of all these players already. Everyone should come out of BP on even terms then switch on the Gold.

I'm not having a moan at the Gold users but I'm kind of sick of seeing this every World :( The last 2 Worlds I was in the game is over before End-Game is anywhere near starting.
I completely disagree you simmer :)

XUNGA

Taxiarch
In any world the best defense is your companions. In Revolt there are more turtles but an agile player can create a lot of confusion in Conquest each player can specialize in whatever he wants if he is within an organized alliance. The alarm is always useful, especially to keep the enemy awake with attacks all night... and day !

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Meh…. What breaks the world is MRAs and people golding troops constantly. Just saw one guy with 157 LS suddenly has over 200 an hour later. Not possible without golding the troops. Until it’s limited by the Devs, there will always be that kind of player. It’s even worse when such players are officers of MRA groups. The guy I just mentioned is in a 2 group MRA.

Had 2 newly recruited players ghost this morning because they had all their troops killed, mostly by average players not spending gold a lot. Think what new players face against the big wallet warriors…
Good thing is the rest of my team are veterans, so we don’t cry about lost pixels… ;)

Last edited:

kingpg28

Phrourach
how do people complain about BP.. they golding LS? just build more DLU, golding slings on island? why gold block just go bireme heavy and enjoy the free BP... you a top 5 defender without ever having to rebuild , ez cheat code

XUNGA

Taxiarch
A player who is active can earn gold for his most basic needs and if he is very active he can go beyond that. Gold is part of the game and it's just one more thing we have to learn to use to the best of our ability.
As for the question of banishing gold at the beginning of a World, I am completely against it. Those who buy make others like me earn some that I can save for a rainy day or a settler attack

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
I
A player who is active can earn gold for his most basic needs and if he is very active he can go beyond that. Gold is part of the game and it's just one more thing we have to learn to use to the best of our ability.
As for the question of banishing gold at the beginning of a World, I am completely against it. Those who buy make others like me earn some that I can save for a rainy day or a settler attack
I don’t think gold should be banned, just limited, so that you can’t buy more than a certain amount per month. You could still trade for gold, just limit the excesses of the wallet warriors. Had one guy yesterday who is obviously golding troops and has arrangements with other players to favor farm them so he has 50+ mantis at all times, and he had to gold 3 CS before he took a city…
He’s not that good a player, just kept spending to try again immediately. That is a wallet player. He got sniped twice, but eventually a snipe is off time or the defender runs out of troops to snipe with. However, these guys claim to be the elite players!

bugeyes10

Phrourach
"lets limit the amount of money we can make"

Does this sound like a good business strategy? All these threads where people advocate to ban gold are filled with people with room temperature IQ. Why would a company EVER limit their income? It doesn't make sense. They don't care if a few random players are happy, they care about the people who spend a lot of money every world. If you're not one of them, they don't care. Its that simple. So stop making these damn threads they don't accomplish anything except to expose these stupid takes.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos

Does this sound like a good business strategy? All these threads where people advocate to ban gold are filled with people with room temperature IQ. Why would a company EVER limit their income? It doesn't make sense. They don't care if a few random players are happy, they care about the people who spend a lot of money every world. If you're not one of them, they don't care. Its that simple. So stop making these damn threads they don't accomplish anything except to expose these stupid takes.
I didn’t make thread. However, you again fail to see the game balance issue. You can go reread my remarks on other server threads. You guys just don’t want Inno to limit your ability to win easily with money. My argument has always been that limiting individual player gold use and advertising that the game isn’t full on P2W would generate ten times the revenue compared to the small income stream coming from a couple dozen self righteous heavy gold users…

THIS. Finally someone with some logic. Just because you can't spend as much as the next guy doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. Sure it was nice for non-golders when you could only use gold to cut recruitment/build times in half but, as an adult who played as a kid who didn't have money, I will never campaign for going without it now. We earned this money and should be allowed to spend it how we like and you can bet Inno Games feels the same way.

Probit

Hipparchus
I didn’t make thread. However, you again fail to see the game balance issue. You can go reread my remarks on other server threads. You guys just don’t want Inno to limit your ability to win easily with money. My argument has always been that limiting individual player gold use and advertising that the game isn’t full on P2W would generate ten times the revenue compared to the small income stream coming from a couple dozen self righteous heavy gold users…
How would it generate ten times the revenue? You've just plucked a number out of thin air to back your argument.
And, for the most part, people's decisions whether to gold or not are unaffected by other people's spending. If anything, people are more likely to gold heavily if they can see the benefit that it brings to other players.
Finally, you do realise that the majority of players who end up winning on a world aren't heavy golders?

kingpg28

Phrourach
as a business owner myself.. i fail to see the logic of limiting gold purchasing to generate more revenue.. thats like amazon saying you cant buy more than 2 items a month because some other people MIGHT buy more

1saaa

Strategos

Especially at the server start, where they can use big packages and gold spending to make people race for the most cities. I wouldn't be surprised if Inno made a good chunk of their profit for this game just from that.

Honestly, the best thing for Inno to increase their revenue, and to make life better for smaller players would be to increase the playerbase. Nothing will get golders golding like other golders. And then an increase in the playerbase means more alliances for weaker players to join, and that in turn means a healthier game for everyone.

(what I'm saying is merge the servers Inno)

XUNGA

Taxiarch
(what I'm saying is merge the servers Inno)
I believe that there are servers that have few players and that become uninteresting, these can really end, but the others that are active should continue because they provide different gaming experiences. In addition, there is the issue of language not to mention the time zone.

1saaa

Strategos
I believe that there are servers that have few players and that become uninteresting, these can really end, but the others that are active should continue because they provide different gaming experiences. In addition, there is the issue of language not to mention the time zone.
En has people from every timezone. I've seen plenty of players with different languages to me before, and I've played with people all over the world. These aren't barriers that are insurmountable by any means.