Ban Gold the 1st 7 days at a World start!

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
i wont play anymore conquest worlds, at least revolt u can def yourself better .

in revolt you can try and snipe olu attacks and wall/turtle up but if enemy does not care and just wants to raw dog you with golded on island cats you are F.... so arguably revolt might be slightly worse at times, but at this day and age... gold made them both bad.

MookFamous

Hipparchus
THIS. Finally someone with some logic. Just because you can't spend as much as the next guy doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. Sure it was nice for non-golders when you could only use gold to cut recruitment/build times in half but, as an adult who played as a kid who didn't have money, I will never campaign for going without it now. We earned this money and should be allowed to spend it how we like and you can bet Inno Games feels the same way.

Like they said in the movie Scarface, "never underestimate the next man's greed."

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Zen bik düm
Pathetic German statement! Du bist ein fleischkopf! You meat head!
I quoted you to just show how stupid this conversation gets. To address several people.
You folks like the status quo. Rich guys blow lots of money and the others who win crowns sell resources and act as favor farms for the wallet boys. I get it.
However, you can’t increase the player base by getting more players only to lose them when they find they can’t complete with the big wallets. This discussion isn’t about winning servers. If your ego is based on winning pixels with gold, you have problems I don’t want to delve into here. You should probably seek counseling.
The discussion is about game balance and making it fun for everyone to play. Recruiting 10k players who spend 20 bucks a month is worth more than the 10k or so a small group of big boys spends…. However, you’d have to keep advertising to recruit another 10k players who quit after the big wallets have at them.
The fact is you like your little hell that you run. You choose who wins servers. You don’t want upstarts coming around and actually playing better.
On financial analysis you fail. There is a small number of players spending maybe 10k a month total. 200k a month from 10k active players would make Inno a lot more money than simply pandering to a few big spenders.

Edit: If you really wanna blow money to prove you’re rich go play Vikings against the children of Russian oligarchs and go to Jotunheim! Try winning the throne for a month…. Your tiny spending on this game might be enough to get on the throne for 1 second during Jotunheim, but you won’t win it on that blood soaked field of millionaires!
(This edit meant to shame them, not get them to play that game…. Vikings is all P2W and a waste of money!)

Last edited:

Probit

Hipparchus
Pathetic German statement!
I quoted you to just show how stupid this conversation gets. To address several people.
You folks like the status quo. Rich guys blow lots of money and the others who win crowns sell resources and act as favor farms for the wallet boys. I get it.
However, you can’t increase the player base by getting more players only to lose them when they find they can’t complete with the big wallets. This discussion isn’t about winning servers. If your ego is based on winning pixels with gold, you have problems I don’t want to delve into here. You should probably seek counseling.
The discussion is about game balance and making it fun for everyone to play. Recruiting 10k players who spend 20 bucks a month is worth more than the 10k or so a small group of big boys spends…. However, you’d have to keep advertising to recruit another 10k players who quit after the big wallets have at them.
The fact is you like your little hell that you run. You choose who wins servers. You don’t want upstarts coming around and actually playing better.
On financial analysis you fail. There is a small number of players spending maybe 10k a month total. 200k a month from 10k active players would make Inno a lot more money than simply pandering to a few big spenders.
Jesus you are thick.

En servers currently have barely 4k players across all open worlds. How much do you think it would cost inno to raise that to 10k players? A fortune. And that's before you consider that even with a spending cap the majority of players wouldn't invest $20 a month on the game. So given the choice between sinking money into advertisement on a game they gave up on years ago, with no guarantee its profitable other than the words of the almighty Zen Shadow, or sticking with a strategy which has allowed them to profit for the last 10 years, which would they pick?

Plus, if this was such a good idea, do you not think inno, or some other company which produces similar games, would have thought of it already? I just did a quick google, there are no notable P2W games with a spending cap. There are teams of people whose jobs revolve around getting the most money they can out of this type of game. They probably had this idea 5+ years ago, realised it was dogshit and scrapped it. So get off your high horse about how gold is bad and winning is bad and how you know better than everyone else and think for a minute.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Jesus you are thick.

En servers currently have barely 4k players across all open worlds. How much do you think it would cost inno to raise that to 10k players? A fortune. And that's before you consider that even with a spending cap the majority of players wouldn't invest $20 a month on the game. So given the choice between sinking money into advertisement on a game they gave up on years ago, with no guarantee its profitable other than the words of the almighty Zen Shadow, or sticking with a strategy which has allowed them to profit for the last 10 years, which would they pick?

Plus, if this was such a good idea, do you not think inno, or some other company which produces similar games, would have thought of it already? I just did a quick google, there are no notable P2W games with a spending cap. There are teams of people whose jobs revolve around getting the most money they can out of this type of game. They probably had this idea 5+ years ago, realised it was dogshit and scrapped it. So get off your high horse about how gold is bad and winning is bad and how you know better than everyone else and think for a minute.
Already thought about it. If Inno really wants to go P2W, all they have to do is allow unlimited troops and this game would be equal to Vikings in P2W, where top clans sit with billions of highest tier troops in the throne just to choose server settings for a month.
The point is that this game is the poor rich man’s game. I used to spend quite a bit during the 10k player server days. However, I realized it’s not really fun to beat someone with multiple CSs and golded troops.
UWU is currently doing that to my players and I’m sure my main is next. I’m OK with that. Currently, they are allowed to send golded CS over and over until they wear out our troops.
However, you can’t really think Inno can recruit you new victims anymore with the same dynamic playing out on every server. I guarantee you that I fell in love with the game years ago when anyone could win, but new players will try it, think it’s cool, and quit once they see the same group win 3 servers in a row.

kingpg28

Phrourach

Edit: If you really wanna blow money to prove you’re rich go play Vikings against the children of Russian oligarchs and go to Jotunheim! Try winning the throne for a month…. Your tiny spending on this game might be enough to get on the throne for 1 second during Jotunheim, but you won’t win it on that blood soaked field of millionaires!
(This edit meant to shame them, not get them to play that game…. Vikings is all P2W and a waste of money!)

if you cant compete get a better paying job tbh

(what I'm saying is merge the servers Inno)
They should at the very least give players from other servers the option to move their accounts to the EN server and just call it world server or keep it EN that doesnt matter to me. They had or are having this big merger supposedly so might as well make the option game wide not just for those with the most inactive servers.

WatchAndSee

Hoplite

That's the most brain dead logic I've ever heard of in my whole entire life. Personally, I don't really care about this argument cause I can give two shits what inno does but like just telling someone who doesn't want to spend money on a game to just get a better job is just the dumbest **** i've ever heard in my life.

kingpg28

Phrourach
That's the most brain dead logic I've ever heard of in my whole entire life. Personally, I don't really care about this argument cause I can give two shits what inno does but like just telling someone who doesn't want to spend money on a game to just get a better job is just the dumbest **** i've ever heard in my life.

you must be one of those that need a better job cause u cant afford gold... gg bros

Corvidaan

Phrourach

Alright I guess we finally have our confirmation that Zen is just a really convincing parody account that has bamboozled us for a month rather than a real person.

:(

Kosti

Phrourach
People who think this game can actually go back to 10k players are dumb. Inno just being smart by milking the game until they shut it down.

XUNGA

Taxiarch
I will now speak and only my opinion is valid and those who disagree do not understand any of this. Free gold for everyone, everyone can create worlds with the settings of their choice, advertisements in all media and a champions league type server where the best (the ones with good jobs) can earn a lot of money and fame and crowns and all the good stuff. And that's it

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
It’s not about competing via a wallet. I did that on this game years ago. I just found it unsatisfying. It seems this conversation always reverts to spend more money and quit complaining. Been there and done that. Nothing is proven through wallet competition.
The problem here is that the big spenders like the game as is, but complain about people not joining the game. Game balance is the problem. I’ve made my point. I’ll make it again to be sure, but I’m tired of repeating myself to the same people who respond in exactly the same tired manner.

We live in the golden age of internet and social media. All it takes is one viral video, one famous tik toker (sadly) to play this game and show it to their millions of followers and you have a new influx. Not huge or permanent but that's one platform out of the 10 or 20 that could make an easy difference in player base. They could actually try to run their facebook page at the least, whoever is behind that is doing fack all to build a presence. In reality there's a plethora of options, some cheap and some not but the real problem is the lack of trying or GAF by Inno. They're perfectly happy collecting their bits here and there, they seem to have no inclinations towards becoming the next Clash of Clans or League of Legends when it comes to player base or monetary income.

StoryTime

Lochagos
We live in the golden age of internet and social media. All it takes is one viral video, one famous tik toker (sadly) to play this game and show it to their millions of followers and you have a new influx. Not huge or permanent but that's one platform out of the 10 or 20 that could make an easy difference in player base. They could actually try to run their facebook page at the least, whoever is behind that is doing fack all to build a presence. In reality there's a plethora of options, some cheap and some not but the real problem is the lack of trying or GAF by Inno. They're perfectly happy collecting their bits here and there, they seem to have no inclinations towards becoming the next Clash of Clans or League of Legends when it comes to player base or monetary income.

Just an FYI, this shows you are out of touch. I personally hate this company due to the fact they do nothing for consumers and don't hold the community managers accountable whatsoever, but to say that "they could actually try to run their facebook page" is pretty much the one thing about them they at least try to do. For a game dead in just about every aspect, some poor soul still logs into that account and provides almost daily posts. This includes timings on events, new heros, ect all before we know about it in the forums. Not much more you can expect them to do on facebook, I mean its a browser game from 2010, they get probably little to no funding which is why they are limited, same reason we are stuck with the same community managers, they dont have money to pay actual people with any experience so we are stuck with blatantly bias and ego driven mods. Blame the gold all you want, its a problem, but its 1 of a long list that wont be fixed before this game flat lines.

If you remove gold from the game you are still stuck with a dead playerbase, bias mods, no funding, constant failures in the innovation department, and an overall lackluster experience for anyone who wants to try to learn the game. The only reason we still play is we are either addicted or want to hold onto what the game was in its prime and keep hoping that somehow it returns to the levels it once was for each of us.

That reminds me, time for another dry event that will kill the early sieges in this world and prevent anyone from doing anything for the next 3 weeks. Have fun everyone.

Just an FYI, this shows you are out of touch. I personally hate this company due to the fact they do nothing for consumers and don't hold the community managers accountable whatsoever, but to say that "they could actually try to run their facebook page" is pretty much the one thing about them they at least try to do. For a game dead in just about every aspect, some poor soul still logs into that account and provides almost daily posts. This includes timings on events, new heros, ect all before we know about it in the forums. Not much more you can expect them to do on facebook, I mean its a browser game from 2010, they get probably little to no funding which is why they are limited, same reason we are stuck with the same community managers, they dont have money to pay actual people with any experience so we are stuck with blatantly bias and ego driven mods. Blame the gold all you want, its a problem, but its 1 of a long list that wont be fixed before this game flat lines.

If you remove gold from the game you are still stuck with a dead playerbase, bias mods, no funding, constant failures in the innovation department, and an overall lackluster experience for anyone who wants to try to learn the game. The only reason we still play is we are either addicted or want to hold onto what the game was in its prime and keep hoping that somehow it returns to the levels it once was for each of us.

That reminds me, time for another dry event that will kill the early sieges in this world and prevent anyone from doing anything for the next 3 weeks. Have fun everyone.
Yeah if by "running the page" you mean posting every now and then sure. Thats not how you gain an audience. Look at the latest guides for the game. Go do a google search. 2012, 2015, 2018 MAYBE. Then the "new" youtube videos that are meant to teach players the game are done by people who dont even play the game. They are tutorials sponsored by Grepolis, that teach players how to successfully suck at the game. There is an all around lack of GAF by the mods, owners, marketing team so on and so forth imo. I 100% agree with the bolded statement. I never said there shouldnt be gold. I enjoy the gold, a little too much sometimes lol.

People are just bs-ing on here about how to potentially fix the issue of the dwindling player base. I dont claim to know all the inside aspects. Just spitballing. Point being, there are ways to increase the player base but I truly think they dont want to. I can not honestly believe they dont make enough money across all servers/worlds to run an ad campaign for the game on something prominent. They could merge all servers into one multi-language world server and then start making new worlds from there. Something for everybody but not enough to split the players too many times like they already do. WW, Dom, Casual & Olympus. 2 of each world, one for conquest players and one for the mutants that like revolt. Max of 8 worlds running at any one time. That has to put us near 8k-10k players in the entire base. French has 2 or 3 worlds with more than 1k players. EN has a few thousand, US does as well. None of this will make it what it was or bring that nostalgia back but it would go a long way compared to how split everyone is now. Dont even give people a choice, just move every account to one server and unleash the chaos.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

1saaa

Strategos
It’s not about competing via a wallet. I did that on this game years ago. I just found it unsatisfying. It seems this conversation always reverts to spend more money and quit complaining. Been there and done that. Nothing is proven through wallet competition.
The problem here is that the big spenders like the game as is, but complain about people not joining the game. Game balance is the problem. I’ve made my point. I’ll make it again to be sure, but I’m tired of repeating myself to the same people who respond in exactly the same tired manner.
All you do is complain about how mras have ruined the game.

Del2

Chiliarch
To much complaining about rules that are permitted ... follow the rules, Blah, blah. The cheating, YOU (all) have a responsibility to stop cheaters, you and your alliance leadership can kickout multiple accounters and BOTTERs ... its illegal ... You know its happening ... stop it. Do not expect the Mods will catch them or punish them to any extent. Its your game, take ownership. The amount of multi-accounting and botting is getting out of hand ... only You can stop it. Only you can keep the game fair and ethical.

Last edited: