Ban Gold the 1st 7 days at a World start!

StoryTime

Lochagos
The same people that cry because people spend gold here would be the first ones to whine and throw a fit, then blame the gold spenders for not spending enough gold if the game closed down.

Quit being hypocrites, either shut up and play the game or if gold spending bothers you that much leave.
The best part is their ally just dropped around 20k gold to kill a siege already, this is going to be a fun world

Maponos

Taxiarch
@StoryTime

I see people here refer to you as Charlie. Are you the same Charlie from back when the game first started? He was pretty hardcore, big gold spender, online skype interviews to join the alliance, had a right hand man who was a pot farmer from Massachusetts or Vermont, at least until you two had a falling out. If so I played against you for years and the last couple on your team. Could have sworn that was on the American server but that was a lot of years ago and I played on multiple servers back then.

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
He could be your twin :rolleyes:

i dont mass mail people just so i can find out their activity weak scared idiots do that its not how i play and pretty much everyone knows it since i like to Mass mail a lot.

though i would understand why you would defend him, there are a few people like that in this game people who dont care about playing honorable and will do whatever they can to win. just sad really nothing more i can say.

xFate

Strategos
@StoryTime

I see people here refer to you as Charlie. Are you the same Charlie from back when the game first started? He was pretty hardcore, big gold spender, online skype interviews to join the alliance, had a right hand man who was a pot farmer from Massachusetts or Vermont, at least until you two had a falling out. If so I played against you for years and the last couple on your team. Could have sworn that was on the American server but that was a lot of years ago and I played on multiple servers back then.
online skype interviews

please god let this be Charlie

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
i dont remember skype interviews but i think after kin or sema got into JFL for 1 or 2 worlds incognito he started making people send him their facebook profile as proof of who they are, that was wild hahaha

Maponos

Taxiarch
Regardless, those were some fun times. 100k plus players on every server, it was total pandemonium for the first month out of protection. I see worlds that are won in the first month now a days.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Regardless, those were some fun times. 100k plus players on every server, it was total pandemonium for the first month out of protection. I see worlds that are won in the first month now a days.

idk which server you played but EN worlds at their height between 2010-2014 had at most between 40-60k people, because at some point they lock you out from joining a world, cant remember the limits but its something like 50k.
but yes was quite fun and competitive, if you were 1-3 weeks late you would spawn in ocean 25/26 lol
these days you can be a month late and spawn in middle of core ocean :(

@Baudin Toolan do you have any records as to what world had the most active players at a time for gen 1/2 worlds?

Last edited:

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
think total number of players at those older worlds

when you go to join a specific world you can see current numbers

i dont know what the number is for this world because it auto dropped me into the newest world when i logged in, but im guessing at least 40-60% are gold traders and people that will get rimmed/quit within the first month, so after 1 month i expect maybe 1k people at most?

2022-08-08 19_37_53-.png

Maponos

Taxiarch
The numbers could be off a little, as well as some of the other details, it has been a while but it was a huge amounts of players though.

I am not making fun of him(if it even is him) I had respect and appreciation for it, the amount of simmers and spies were 100 fold compared to today. In one world we had one player as designated spy, the alliance would load the cave and all spy reports went through that player, we were well on our way to winning a world, probably half way through WW and the spy in our alliance was the spy, he flipped and took our cave and WW with him as he was on all the core islands. After that I don't have a problem with being careful/bordering on paranoia lol