Bannable of offense?

• Thread starter DeletedUser52460
  • Start date

DeletedUser52460

Is it a bannable offense to copy someone/steal someones alliance name lol? Received a PM about it tonight and found it very laughable.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I can't think of a reason it would be bannable. Unless the name copied was inappropriate or something but otherwise it sounds fine to me.

DeletedUser52460

I can't think of a reason it would be bannable. Unless the name copied was inappropriate or something but otherwise it sounds fine to me.

Thank you for the response. I will be sure to adjust accordingly in game after that was threatened at me.

DeletedUser353

I played in a conquest world once where there was a huge siege going on. Alpha world actually. One of our guys created a new player account and made the name almost identical to the leader of the enemy alliance. He then mass mailed the enemy alliance posing as their leader and said the siege was won and everyone should withdraw their biremes. Enough of them were careless enough not to notice and withdrew their support. Our lighthships then broke through and we broke the siege.

Although its highly morally dubious, even that wasnt banable.

DeletedUser52067

Haha on a US server we changed our alliance name to "Other alliance" 2 and after revolting a few players we received pm's stating that as a sister alliance this was unacceptable. So naturally we apologized and then slipped in some CS's overnight into undefended cities

DeletedUser

Should be a bannable offence to be a crappy player named Cadapiter

DeletedUser49059

Everyone was a crappy player at some point. If this were an offense, everyone would be banned.

By the way...didn't you delete or edit me for the use of the word ""? So, assumably, if I put it a "py" at the end and convert it to an adjective, it's ok then? Just checking...:p

OBJECTION: Fig can say "crappy", but I can't say "cr*p"...Seriously??

DeletedUser

Is it a bannable offense to copy someone/steal someones alliance name lol? Received a PM about it tonight and found it very laughable.

no it is not

when we changed the name in another world "... salutes RabidRabid" (the player passed away), guys with 1 city on the rim stole the original name twice. first got ashamed and changed alliance (mono) name, the second one i had to report.

the answer from mods was this

I am sorry but there is nothing we can do to stop another alliance taking your alliance's former name. The only things you can do is prevail upon his better nature and ask him to change his alliance name, invite him to join your alliance or take his city.

DeletedUser35069

Sadly rules and common sense don't always run side by side. Someone stealing a alliance name when someone's changed it to honor someone that's passed away should be dealt with but it would mean someone had to think rather than look at a list of things allowed.

DeletedUser52460

Another question: Is it an attackable ban when i report someone for offensive language in a PM? depends whether i report him or not since i do want to take his cities...dont want it to be an unattackable ban when i plan on CSing him

SlothTzu

Strategos
Another question: Is it an attackable ban when i report someone for offensive language in a PM? depends whether i report him or not since i do want to take his cities...dont want it to be an unattackable ban when i plan on CSing him

If it's bad enough, the player would receive like penalty points.

Or if it's really bad, they'd get an unattackable ban, free VM, don't bother.

Kill them.

DeletedUser52460

thanks mate. figured if it was attackable, report him just to make taking the cities easier. Took it anyway! thanks for the reply, i wasnt sure about that.