Banned players - how long till ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If another player is banned, his city stays somehow active. That city cannot be attacked/conquered.

Does anyone know how long it takes until the city becomes a ghost? I mean, if they would stay forever, it would hinder others to build world wonders on that specific island since that city cannot join you alliance...

DeletedUser

14 days, unless here is gold on the account. if there is gold on the account it has to be manually deleted i believe (at least longer than 14 days)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the quick answer. So, if someone has gold and got caught with playing 2 accounts, the neighbors got to bleed for it... ;)

DeletedUser

well it wont take any longer than a month so dont worry about world wonders :p

DeletedUser

I kinda understand what you are saying: It's only May etc. but you want to conquer and build up all around. I guess there will be enough time for the one city in question. The problem might arise later as well though. If there is someone banned on an island where you are to build a WW, it can be a painfully long time. I think that if someone gets banned, the city should still be fair game to attacks. Banning should not work like the ultimate vacation mode as it is now since you have to have a serious violation to get banned. If you are falsely accused of anything, that usually sorts out before someone figures you were gone. Just my opinion.

DeletedUser

i agree that perm banns should turn ghosts immediately, but some banns are only temporary, and will end.

DeletedUser

The reason that bans do not immediately turn into Ghost Towns is that some bans are temporary for up to 5 days. Some bans are attackable, so it depends on what kind of ban there is as to whether or not you have to wait. Also if a banned person had Gold in their account, the city will remain active until the Gold has run out, then it will turn into a Ghost Town. Otherwise Skully is correct it will turn into a Ghost Town after 14 days.

Richard

Strategos
No such list exists. Bans are between the player and the support team, and will always remain private.

DeletedUser

Can we at least be told if a ban is permanent or a temp ?
Was at the revolt stage of an attack and lost a lot of guys getting to that stage,
I can then either wait or move on

DeletedUser5

Was at the revolt stage of an attack and lost a lot of guys getting to that stage,

We do not release any information regarding bans, to anyone but the banned party.

DeletedUser20429

true but at least we know that there are temporary bans ;)

DeletedUser

so if a player is banned and he is in your alliance, but you can still attack him is he banned for good or what? I read over that there are temporary bans which is good, but the gold issue confuses me. We are in a war and his city is in enemy territory. Is he coming back? Does he have gold so that is why he can be attacked? UHGHHG i have no clue and i cant let the enemy get his cities.

DeletedUser

There's not a lot you can do about that. ^ Don't let the enemy know he's banned, stock his city with Briremes, and hopefully he'll come back, at which point you can take the Briremes back. The other scenario is the city gets deleted, and the support returns to you anyway.

Thrillology

Phrourach

They keep that confidential and I'm sure players aren't allowed to discuss their bans.

What I would do is just build more troops to have waiting on him for his return.

Lucifers Nephew said:
so if a player is banned and he is in your alliance, but you can still attack him is he banned for good or what? I read over that there are temporary bans which is good, but the gold issue confuses me. We are in a war and his city is in enemy territory. Is he coming back? Does he have gold so that is why he can be attacked? UHGHHG i have no clue and i cant let the enemy get his cities.

You can tell if a player is banned in your alliance if you have leadership or founder rights. Though I wish alliances founders of their native alliance could be notified if they've been permanently banned or not without giving out how long they're banned.
But hey, sometimes bans are there because they've been very naughty. So if you know them very well, you should be able to guess why they're banned.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31242

I need to know if it;s a temp ban or a perm one.
If it's a temp ban, we'll just pack the harbout with birs and wait it out. The length of the ban doesn't really concern me.
But if it's a perm ban, I need to know so i can have the rest of the alliance take his cities and keep them out of enemy hands.
Would it be too much to ask that the leaders of the alliance be told which it is??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I need to know if it;s a temp ban or a perm one.
If it's a temp ban, we'll just pack the harbout with birs and wait it out. The length of the ban doesn't really concern me.
But if it's a perm ban, I need to know so i can have the rest of the alliance take his cities and keep them out of enemy hands.
Would it be too much to ask that the leaders of the alliance be told which it is??

We do not give out any information on other players bans, the only person entitled to that information is the player themselves, for confidentiality reasons. That includes the time length of the ban, reason and everything else, sorry but that's just the way it is. I'm sure everyone is entitled to privacy with things regarding their own account. Good luck tho with your alliance and I'm sure it'll all work out ok for you.

DeletedUser23986

well, if you can attack a player while he is banned, it is most likely to be a 5 day ban. Also such bans are likely to be world specific, so check if the player is on any other world and get a word with him.

DeletedUser31852

I know for a fact that a friend is banned for ever, it has been now over a month, about a month and 6 days, I really want the city and am debating wether to use my slot on another city or wait off for this one to ghost...
Please pm with the answer, thank you a lot!
Id

DeletedUser31852

Thanks for answer, after 5 weeks he ghosted, CS Enroute to his city

Status
Not open for further replies.