Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser35493

Dear grepolis players and moderators,

yesterday I got banned because someone told a racistic joke on the forum.
And because I got the forum moderator authorizations, I got banned for it, while I'm not the official moderator.
I just got them to do my "own" work in the alliance (alliance secret and tactics :p).

I think the moderator solved the problem on a very wrong way.
I got the authorizations yesterday and even didn't had the time to read this joke.
And when I logged in, there was a text "you are banned for using inappropiate language etc." while I even didn't say a swearing word at all!

No bad things about the moderator who did this, but I think the grepoteam must act better in such a situation.

Persie15 ( By the way, didn't find a better place for placing this thread, sorry )

DeletedUser19042

Just submit a ticket, and the moderator will unban you.

I had this a years ago as well. My co-leader posted racistic things on our alliance profile. So the entire leadership got banned.
The ones that weren't responsible sent in a ticket, telling the mod who did it. And so we got unbanned.

A moderator can't know who posted it, so they'll ban everyone who has the required right to post such things until they found out who's responsible.

Plus, the forum is not the place to discuss bans. Remember that for next time.

Sincerely,
J

DeletedUser35493

I understand your last thing and I send a ticket and I'm unbanned already.
But I got banned for longer then a day, shouldn't the moderator first find out who is the responsible player?
Now everyone with forum authorizations got banned, that were a lot of people.
I'm convinced this isn't just the right way how to do this.

DeletedUser19042

Well..It's better that they do it though. Otherwise it takes too long until they found the responsible. In the meanwhile that person can do it several times again.

So the moderator acted has he had to do. Ban everyone with the rights to do so, and then find out who did it. :)

DeletedUser

That's moronic. How can staff not be able to ascertain who made a post or profile change? Don't they have logs?

DeletedUser

Hey, first off, mods do have lives, even if you don't think so :D second, they can't always be certain of everything, they have to do what they think is best/right/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

Exactly what Shadis says.

Moderators do have logs. But it takes a while until they find the specific post by the specific player. As they have logs of every alliance forum, of every alliance.
So best they can do is ban everyone who can have posted it, and then check as quickly as they can who is responsible and unban the rest.

I keep thinking that the moderation team acts as it should act in these circumstances.
Because if they ban anyone and first check who did it, the player can do it several times again, and the damage will be much bigger.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Send in a support ticket via the ingame support tool and appeal your ban. As for this thread I'm locking it as ban discussions are not allowed on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.