Barracks Refresh > Whoops Swordsmen!

Arlethus

Hoplite
Hey.

Not really too sure how to explain this one, but often when I am building troops using the barracks/harbour, the game refreshes for whatever reason (troop completion/ trade completion etc maybe?) and instead of building say 100 hoplites/LS, suddenly it resets to swordsmen/slow trans and I've just queued a load of those instead... Which considering cancelling them loses you half the resources, is a real pain!

Hoping this makes sense and is this something that can be looked at? Maybe the coding can stop resetting the selected troop?

Happens using Chrome browser. Don't think it happens on the mobile app (possibly due to refreshing working differently here?) but then I don't use the app as much, so not sure.

Cookies et all deleted, it's nothing to do with that, this just seems to be how the game works? Few other people I have spoken to share this frustration.

TL: DR = There's an auto refresh that defaults the barracks to swordsmen & harbour to slow trans, and if you are unlucky and press the green arrow at the wrong time, whoops!

Golden Horn

Lochagos
Some browser add-ons (like GRCR Tools) have an auto refresh that runs after your IG screen refresh
This is because it needs the new data to be added to the add-on memory so that it can calculate for things you might want to do
e.g.
> Barracks (In Game refreshes onto Barracks screen)
> new screen trigger sent to browser add-on
> add-on refreshes Barracks screen again going back to default (Swordsmen + Transports)

there can be a delay dependant on your internet connection

Arlethus

Hoplite
Some browser add-ons (like GRCR Tools) have an auto refresh that runs after your IG screen refresh
This is because it needs the new data to be added to the add-on memory so that it can calculate for things you might want to do
e.g.
> Barracks (In Game refreshes onto Barracks screen)
> new screen trigger sent to browser add-on
> add-on refreshes Barracks screen again going back to default (Swordsmen + Transports)

there can be a delay dependant on your internet connection
I have 0 addons. This is base game, refreshing.

My internet speed is 400ish. It is not an issue with that.

Arlethus

Hoplite
No?

Literally just built 116 swordsmen just now instead of a Ladon, not impressed...

Edit - Once again, this would not be such an issue if the refund wasn't 50%, or if it just didn't default to swordsmen every time it refreshed...

Last edited: