Rejected Battle Points for Militia

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes; Militia should give BP!

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • No; BP system is currently balanced!

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1405

I agree with this idea as the game favours the defenders enough without having these freebies to call up, and before people say that they do cost because of lost revenue, get your horses out there and make it up again.
Why should i have to send my armies against a small army costing next to nothing that magically appears and get nothing for my losses and what ive bumped off.
Whatever the equation is i think we should get something for it.

DeletedUser

Why are people saying that militia cost no resources? Is it so difficult to read?

Recruiting militia:

This has the following effects:

* Your resource production is reduced by 50%.
* You receive 10 militia for each farm level (15 with research: City guard). This is capped at level 25.
* After 3 hours, your residents will continue with their actual work.

So...perhaps, if anything, the amount of BP rewarded should be consistent with the resources spent... This is difficult, because the number of militia recruited is based on farm level, and the resources spent is based on resource building levels, which introduces a good deal of variance.

However, let's look at a few examples:

In a fully built village, level (25-40) farm you get 250 (375 with city guard) militia.

World Alpha: With level 40 resource buildings, the cost is 50% of (350*3) for 3 hours, which comes to 1575 resources. At 162 resources for a swordsman (with the price reduction included, as I also included city guard), that equates to ~9.7 troops.

World Gamma: With level 40 resource buildings, the cost is 50% of (700*3) for 3 hours (1.5 hours? The farm continues to say 3 hours but I think perhaps it is halved, correct me if I'm wrong), which comes to either 3150 or 1575 resources, again, so at the maximum, the cost of about 19.5 swords. In comparison, at level 25 resource buildings, the resource output is about 393*3/hr at 2x speed, making the total less than (600)*3 = 1800 (or 900) and certainly 900 at 1x speed, which is equal to only ~5.56 swordsmen.

So...in a full village, you can see how much cheaper city guard is than other types of troops - if they are used up, that is.

The discrepancy is obviously more at lower levels - which is, I think, why this hasn't been implemented. There IS potential for abuse - but only at low levels, when someone who has just started can build the farm up without building resource buildings much, and let their friends farm BP from them while they have no wall. But at lower levels, militia can make a much more significant dent in your forces, too! All in all, I don't see much BP farming of militia, even at 1/3 BP per militia. I would expect it only in rare occasions where a larger player has small (and willing) neighbors with no walls.

On the other hand, to COMPLETELY prevent BP farming of militia, getting 10 BP for killing 375 militia seems pretty slight. But, heck, I'd take even 10 BP for it, over zero!! And I think, with a small number such as that, (or even a somewhat higher number) the potential for abuse is virtually zero.

I dunno about the rest of you but I'd LOVE to start getting some BP for those militia. 1/3 sounds great to me, and as I won't be trying to exploit it, I have no issues taking what's given :) But I'd take .03 BP/militia too, anything is better than nothing!

DeletedUser11965

no...this is a bad idea because you can basically swap with a friend of yours in the same ocean. One day you evaculate troop and activate militia and let him attack, and then reverse..this will ruin the players who are working to get it

DeletedUser

i like the idea of being able to get BP out of the militia, but as was previously stated, the fact that you could easily just exchange attacks with a buddy all day long and get loads of BP out of killing just militia seems a little unfair to those that spend tons of resources to make their armies in order to get BP and then just loose their armies in the process. killing off militia for BP would be of no threat to the attacker, and they would basically be getting free BP over and over again. it's good that there is some sort of ratio involved....such as getting 1 BP point for every 3 or whatever militia that you kill, but even with this ratio in place, if you work together with ur entire alliance and kill off hoards of militia all day long, the same thing will happen...you get a crap load of BP for basically doing nothing while the BP giants that already exist lost tens of thousands of troops to get to where they are today. just doesn't seem fair is all. but i do like the general idea. maybe if the ratio was higher it would be a little better.

DeletedUser

Well i do like the idea of getting something for your losses. And also i get the idea of abusing.
But why to punish all players if some might abuse it? If there's people driving crazy and hitting other people then police stops handling driving liceses? I think better is to correct the players that abuse rather than penalising all the other players that lose tons of troops in attack against some "pop out" troops. Not fair that the defender gets tons of xp from killing troops, and the attacker gets nothing. Simply not logical, as the one that loses more is the attacker.
Why the attacker? Because he loses both resources and time.
From what i see there's a solution. Why not give the attacker bp similar to that given to the defender? Like, you lose 10 slingers, you get 10 bp, or 20, or 30. This can be tuned but in the end it will be points for attacker's losses. If he attacks only for abuse, then he'll get pretty noting, but at least, for those that attacked for a reason, they'll get some reward back. Not big, but still, it will be fair. So killing 250 militia will only render you bp based on your losses, you lose nothing, gain nothing.
You lose troops, gain bp. Abuse? Well, nobody prevents people from fighting for bp, so if one fights the other, they'll lose troops. If they fight militia to lose less troops, they'll get few gain, proportionally to their losses. No abuse will be possible as the players will be rewarded not for killing militia that regenerates immediately, but for losing troops. And that's fair.

DeletedUser

Would you become more battle-hardened if you killed Daisy May, her 3 children, & the local drunkards trying desperately to defend their lives & their estate with a highly trained & specialized military assault of man & mythical beast alike?

I do not agree with the idea :p

DeletedUser

This idea isn't good. If I have a manticore and 2 cities. I can easily get 100 BP every 3 hours with no negative side effects. If I have more than 5 cities I can easily get more than 10 cultural points each day, possibly more depending on how desperate you are for it. If this change is applied then instead of people attacking each other, you will now see a grepolis where people only attack their own cities

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

this idea isn't good. If i have a manticore and 2 cities. I can easily get 100 bp every 3 hours with no negative side effects. If i have more than 5 cities i can easily get more than 10 cultural points each day
Get this, you can't attack youself! Save me from noobs!

DeletedUser6983

LOL. he is rite. You cant attack yourself in this game. Sorry :p

DeletedUser

This idea isn't good. If I have a manticore and 2 cities. I can easily get 100 BP every 3 hours with no negative side effects. If I have more than 5 cities I can easily get more than 10 cultural points each day, possibly more depending on how desperate you are for it. If this change is applied then instead of people attacking each other, you will now see a grepolis where people only attack their own cities

Again same theory of self attacking. Simply put YOU CANNOT ATTACK YOURSELF. Can't. So you can't get xp by attacking yourself.

Would you become more battle-hardened if you killed Daisy May, her 3 children, & the local drunkards trying desperately to defend their lives & their estate with a highly trained & specialized military assault of man & mythical beast alike?

I do not agree with the idea :p

No, but you will receive bp for fighting, and those Daisy Mary, 3 children and so on that you take so easy can kill attacker's troops like other troops do. So no matter how "fun" you think the militia can be taken, it's not fun at all when you lose some troops and gain nothing. Really.

DeletedUser

After reading through this thread, it seems the only problem some players have with the idea is that two or more players may abuse the system by giving each other BP via militia every few hours.

So, anyone care to come up with a solution?

DeletedUser

I agree with the idea of getting Battle Points for killing militia, because each time a launch an attack the guys send their troupes farming and activate their militia and they have about 700 populations and kill every single one of them but I never get any Battle Points which starts getting really annoying.

DeletedUser

Or should we think about this in reverse? Instead, when a militia kills a unit, defender gains no BP, same with the wall. I'm just thinking about the thousands of troops I've lost to an empty city because of a brick off the wall fell off and hit my horseman, in my opinion those BP aren't earned. Just an idea I'm throwing out there.

DeletedUser

Or should we think about this in reverse? Instead, when a militia kills a unit, defender gains no BP, same with the wall. I'm just thinking about the thousands of troops I've lost to an empty city because of a brick off the wall fell off and hit my horseman, in my opinion those BP aren't earned. Just an idea I'm throwing out there.
This idea is in my opinion much better. If killing militia doesn't give offensive BP, using it shouldn't give defensive BP.

The benefits of militia (free defense) remain and there are no issues with abuse.

DeletedUser

yes,, but I think, because militia are really weak (they just fight in numbers); each militia should be half or a quater of 1 BP. This would make it much fairer

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.