Battle points from support

DeletedUser13405

The fact that this was not added to 1.26 worlds when players have been asking for it since the game started is absolutely shameful. If I could de-rep the developers, I would.

DeletedUser18132

Yes, I would too. Shows that developers care nothing for 1.26 worlds.

DeletedUser

Perhaps, in addition to ABP & DBP ranking there should also be a:

Support ranking ?

Thoughts ?

DeletedUser

this was needed, but whats to stop me from sending swords to a vacant city and killing slingers with them (by attacking the swords with slings)?

DeletedUser

Maybe u cant get bp by destroying your own support units, instead u lose the troops but Bp is negated and given to whomever else my be supporting.

DeletedUser

I have done some testing in regards to the distribution of battle points:

Test 1 (small ground attack)

Objective: Attack empty city of alliance-member. City has level 25 city wall as well as tower.
Attacking units: 80 hoplites
Supporting units: 46 archers, 30 hoplites
Result: Defender gets 80 battle points, supporter gets none.

Test 2 (naval attack)

Objective: Attack empty city of alliance-member. City has tower.
Attacking units: 200 light ships
Supporting units: 309 biremes
Result: Defender gets 620 battle points, supporter gets 1380 battle points.

Test 3 (large ground attack)

Objective: Attack empty city of alliance-member. City has level 25 city wall as well as tower.
Attacking units: 896 slingers
Supporting units: 1001 swordsmen, 738 hoplites, 220 archers
Result: Defender gets 278 battle points, supporter gets 618 battle points.

Test 4 (naval attack against joint defense)

Objective: Attack empty city with no tower. The defender leaves 150 biremes for defense, equal the the amount of the supporter.
Attacking units: 200 light ships
Supporting units: 150 biremes
Result: Defender gets 1310 battle points, supporter gets 690 battle points

I'm surprised that anybody could still be mystified after seeing these results. In cases 2, 3 and 4, the supporter got 69% of the battle points his troops earned.

Test 1 indicates that there is a minimum before points are shared. This must be to stymie people like Chalna.

DeletedUser

How is the distribution formula actually working? Is counting effective defense or just distributing based on farm space put in defense? If the latter a possible exploit is to send in tons of support that is not effective versus incoming attacks.

I like the whole idea though. Just worried that implementation may have some undesired loopholes.

DeletedUser4013

I can say that the formula works on a proportional basis in how the BP is distributed.

DeletedUser

How is the distribution formula actually working? Is counting effective defense or just distributing based on farm space put in defense? If the latter a possible exploit is to send in tons of support that is not effective versus incoming attacks.

I like the whole idea though. Just worried that implementation may have some undesired loopholes.

Yes you could cheat your allies and team mates by sending 300 slingers instead of 100 swords. Who would do that? In the end, the attacker gets bonus battle points for killing them and you get to retrain 300 slingers rather than 50 swords.