battle points - what it is?

toufiotis

Hipparchus
Mr Inno, I can't find my previous post for BP and I will spend few minutes re-open one.
This post also is as much serious as Angela Merkel.

@Baudin Toolan and I would like your opinion as INNO.
I am a new player ... and I don't understand what is the battle points and how they are generated and why they differ. It is too complicated.

I noticed in reality, all(almost all...), we gain points from ghosts and internals battles also as long I'm aware popular players coming with their co-farmers to give BPs too.

Few examples below from millions less than billions, if you spend more than 10 min on stats pages as I did can see. I don't understand why we have to change alliances while the result is the same.

1628101892946.png
1628101907917.png
1628101925812.png

We change alliances every day and it is very exhausting.
So, I would suggest because I don't understand why there is this split on BPs if yours, enemies or your alliance in reality.

- maybe our life would be easier all BP be the same (can suicide my army)
or
- zero BP as the penalty for 1 week when someone leave or zero if belongs to packs and common forums
or
- y can add new functionality, battles generated from red(ie 1), Internals from greens without had left alliance (0.5 ), ghosts from a ghost (0.1).
and have BP=battle points, GP=ghost points, IP= internal points.
- something else - your opinion.

Last edited:

toufiotis

Hipparchus
the result of this in-game is that large alliances or players generally avoid hit each other, and from personal opinion hit new small players and new players till become huge from fake battle points and of course after 'pages...', the smaller ones they leave the game...
Is it fair also if someone does not play like above and/or for the small-new players of grepolis?

Last edited:

San Holo

Hekatontarch
To respond to your troll question and save Baudin and Hydra some time because they are actually doing useful things,

GP Dumps are still possible if you leave the alliance. That may not be ideal, but that's just the way it is. An alternative would be to have a 'cooldown' after you leave an alliance as you suggest, but this would cause way more problems (such as someone being kicked and receiving no BP when he's attacked - I can even imagine inviting someone, kicking someone and attacking them so they don't get much BP). Your other suggestion of GP being dependent on activity does not make sense either. What if the player comes back online during the attack? Your GP will be reduced to 0?

In my opinion the 20% rule is fun especially on conquest worlds where teams have to decide if they want to defend before a CS lands or attack after it has landed. If you do both, you risk destroying your own units at a fraction of the GP benefits. It adds some extra difficulty to the otherwise easy act of sniping a CS.

I can't really understand the reason you'd want this changed. I don't seen any advantage to changing it, as the current rules are fair and can be 'exploited' equally by everyone in the world.

As to your final comment, not many people have 'fake battle points'. The fraction of GP you receive from alliance dumps is minimal as it's fully dependent on players who want to change their city's units or who are leaving the world. It's really not a big issue. If you, as a small player, don't want to be hit by big players, there are two solutions:
- Join a world where morale is active. Anyone over 5x your size won't attack you if you have a decent defense
- Basically, get better. If you're active and play smart, even without GP dumps or purchasing gold you'll still be able to get a high spot. I talk from experience.

toufiotis

Hipparchus
Noted. @San Holo

. It is not a troll. as it is a game and I put some humour.
- Any acceptable, yours IMO, if get it, it is that it is fine as it is fun. I would agree if have not played in real manly servers.
- My opinion is BP to come from defined and validated reds inc penalty. the rest should be weighted ie <0.2
You can see many players from internal BP (1m+ bp points) and spam servers and hall of fame pages -lol, this is not so fun Holo , and per me should be blocked. as alliance let it.
- For me, the penalty(why). It is needed when someone leaves, to avoid seeing these ridiculous things than ruin servers or avoid so many 'traveller' members, why he joined to spam or to spy? why he created an alliance to spam? It's ok 3days-1week zero BPs the servers can stay years anyway. It will have fun too believe me.

PS: Personally, if u ask me, I enjoyed the game if my opponent is larger than I or from my alliances and it is proven.

Last edited:

San Holo

Hekatontarch
I think they are very specific issues. I would lobby for a 'faster' world in terms of CP. If Inno could make it so getting new city slots is slightly easier, growing would be less related to getting GP.

toufiotis

Hipparchus
do we need internal BP or ghosts players to grow?
- not I'm quite ok from reds as most. but ruining few the game and make others leave, it is not nice. I remember back 2010-11 discussions that we will go to that stage one-day, simmers, farming, internal bp and players hardly take an active city. maybe we are years at the stage as I was hearing but didn't play of course.
- if yes let all BP be the same, or something else. so simple.

PS: psit you that delete... yes I'm from that Unit that beat 3-5 servers... and that 'unit-enemy..good in java too '

Last edited: