Battle System

DeletedUser

Ok I been trying to figure out the battle system, mainly why swordsman can win a defense battle against slingers but can't win an attack battle using the same exact number of troops with the wall in in both set to 0. I ran 30 vs 30 battle through the simulator and it comes out with different out comes. I crunched their attack vs defense numbers and I'm coming out no where near what the simulator is saying. Someone somewhere must know how it is coming up with these out comes. It is not like swordsman get more attack on defense than they do on offense. The base defense is a minor variable when the wall is 0.
So anyone care to try and explain it to me.

DeletedUser

Um, there's a huge difference in their attack/defense values.

Swordsmen have an attack value of 5 blunt and a defense value of 30 range.
Slingers have an attack value of 23 ranged and a defense value of 7 blunt.

For simplicity and since we do not know the formula, it can be assumed that only one defense type is taken, depending on the attack type of the attacking troops.

Swordsmen are defensive units, Slingers are offensive units.

DeletedUser

It is not like swordsman get more attack on defense than they do on offense.

Assuming by 'more attack' you mean a higher value, this is where you're going wrong.

As Asth said;
Swordsmen have an attack value of 5 blunt and a defense value of 30 range.
Slingers have an attack value of 23 ranged and a defense value of 7 blunt.

If it helps, here's the stats for a slinger;
oYHIU.png

And here's the stats for a swordsman;
SCpvG.png

You can see that when the slingers are the attacking force, it is 23 (attack value of the slinger) versus 30 (ranged defence value of the swordsman), the swordsman will obviously win. When the swordsmen are the attacking force, meanwhile, it is 5 (attack value of the swordsman) versus 7 (blunt defence value of the slinger). The slinger will win that one, although it's closer than the first battle.

As for why, I'd guess that when the swordsmen are in defence, they can sit comfortably behind their shields screaming :pro: as the slinger's stones bounce harmlessly off.. if they try to attack, they expose themselves and are easier to kill though. :D