BCZ mad?

DeletedUser54715

Actually, what you said was really sexist. It was probably not intentional though, so I'll try to explain.

When you say "Spamming is for stupid and useless players, children with no other life, be a man and stand after your actions", you mean : don't spam, don't be stupid and useless, don't be a child, be a man. The reciprocal of which is : If you are not a man, then you are a child, you are useless and stupid.
The expression "be a man" is often used, so it makes sense that people don't see how insulting that actually is to women. Some people will even argue that saying "be a man" doesn't mean that women can't have honor and stand after their actions as well. But now, imagine that you said : "be a white man". No real difference with "be a man", expect that the people insulted by this are anybody not white skinned, which makes your comment racist. With a little bit of honesty, we can all say that if anybody say "be a white man and have honor" on the forum, he will be hated by everyone and banned for racism, right ?

I know that I'm getting off topic, and that you don't care about being careful not to sound sexist, you're here to talk about the game, not sexism. However, I cannot see that, and not think about my mother, about every women I have ever loved, being insulted like this, even if the intention was to insult somebody else.

DeletedUser35722

well this escalated unnecessarily
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

DeletedUser54715

That's necessary to me. More than staying on topic about a (very necessary*) virtual world for sure.

I love grepo, please go ahead and talk about it. But while doing it, don't insult anybody.

*sarcasm

DeletedUser54715

That's funny... and smart. Since "man up" is never used to say taking action, but rather to mean moving on in the face of injustice and cowardly doing nothing, your comment makes total sense :D

Ignoring the equivalent of a racist comment precisely means manning up. Well done

DeletedUser50690

Wait... who deleted my book reference on how to get offended by everything?

Deusa Solaris

Chiliarch
Why are we discussing racism or sexism or whatever in an innocent comment?
I didn't get offended by it and I do understand your point of view Goldbach but I can't find the relevance of it here and now.
It's Christmas time everyone so be with your families and have a great fun, sing, eat, share and don't ruin the spirit of it.
I came to the forum to check it as I usually do and wish you all a happy Christmas :)

DeletedUser54715

I'll answer to you in PM, as it has been moderated and the comment edited. No more reason to let the thread off topic for me.