Passed Beginner's Protection

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser909

Proposal
Longer Beginner's Protection period after being rimmed

Reason
Right now, beginner's protection for everyone is the same no matter how old the world is. This is fine for the beginning of a world, which is when the majority of players start. However, often a player is rimmed or restarts or just wants to try out another world and ends up in an area with larger players.

Details
When a player is rimmed later in the game, I think it might be a good idea if the beginner's protection period were lengthened. Perhaps doubled or trebled. This would give the new player a decent head start in an area that might already have far more powerful enemies surrounding him.

Take it from me, it would be easy to change that period in an established world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its a great idea, if you were a player Eclipse would say Format it!...but your...betsy, anyway it's a good idea, it will also help new players get a handle for the game.

The only con is bigger players will lose resources and BP, but little players often give little BP so I don't think it would set back the game very much.

DeletedUser5

The only con is bigger players will lose resources and BP, but little players often give little BP so I don't think it would set back the game very much.

I fail to see how that's got anything to do with this really. Think about it, if the bigger player is really a threat to the player, a week longer isn't going to pose too much of a problem to this "big player", so they can just take the player out after this BP.

DeletedUser

I fail to see how that's got anything to do with this really. Think about it, if the bigger player is really a threat to the player, a week longer isn't going to pose too much of a problem to this "big player", so they can just take the player out after this BP.

In terms of a war you want more Colony Slots open, but the BP will have a little effect since this player would have just started. It would also effect the players ability to defend because they might be better and have more troops which mean more troops die on the attack, but of course more BP.

DeletedUser

I like it... I just started on gamma again and got the standard 5 days or whatever, so i think what ou are suggesting would give people who start say 4 months into the world would get 2 weeks of BP?

DeletedUser

I like it... I just started on gamma again and got the standard 5 days or whatever, so i think what ou are suggesting would give people who start say 4 months into the world would get 2 weeks of BP?

I like that idea, however on a speed 3 world maybe a little longer?

DeletedUser5

That's exactly what we're suggesting.

We feel that it's a bit intimidating for either a new player, or a player that has been rimmed or restarted, when there are huge players around the area that they're in. So that is why we've discussed and refined this idea.

I like that idea, however on a speed 3 world maybe a little longer?

Surely a speed 3 world should get shorter time than a speed 2 world, as they'll be able to get more done in the allotted time period.

DeletedUser

Surely a speed 3 world should get shorter time than a speed 2 world, as they'll be able to get more done in the allotted time period.

But the other players will be able to have a bigger army and larger cities by the time a week is up...the bigger players barrack will be a higher and there resource makers will run faster

DeletedUser

i like it so like if your rimmed then when you reach like 7000 you get rimmed again

DeletedUser

good idea, but don't make it too long. this will take some action from the game, because also the newer, younger alliances in the 'later' oceans fight too.
I suggest for every month the world is going, you get 2 days extra BP.

DeletedUser8362

up to a certain point that is, because if you take world beta for example, it started in January in 2010. That is 13 months so far, 13x2+7=33. This gives a player 1 month of not being attacked. In 1 month an elite player can be close to conquest and have a decent sized army...

I like the idea, but im never going to use it (after i am rimmed on beta imma going to quit [like that will ever happen :p])

DeletedUser

up to a certain point that is, because if you take world beta for example, it started in January in 2010. That is 13 months so far, 13x2+7=33. This gives a player 1 month of not being attacked. In 1 month an elite player can be close to conquest and have a decent sized army...

I like the idea, but im never going to use it (after i am rimmed on beta imma going to quit [like that will ever happen :p])

but the world that is open for 13 months is closed for new players. :) and its a speed 1.

DeletedUser

It's a good idea. Makes it more likely people will stick around as there is nothing quite as annoying or frustrating as being attacked very quickly after protection ends by vastly stronger players again and again.

Perhaps include an option though that if a player wanted to get out earlier of the longer protection that they could do so. Or even allow a player an option between an extended protection or a small bonus?

DeletedUser

I think the idea is good, but implementing it might take some time.
This will be hard to code actually. We will have to make a completely new feature that works with the current beginners protection and add the option on the world interface. Since 2.0 is not out yet I think that this will not be a priority on the devs list. It would be better to approach the product manager when 2.0 is released.

DeletedUser5

This will be hard to code actually. We will have to make a completely new feature that works with the current beginners protection and add the option on the world interface. Since 2.0 is not out yet I think that this will not be a priority on the devs list. It would be better to approach the product manager when 2.0 is released.

I'm confused about your post, are you referring to the original idea, or the idea in the post before yours?

Because if you mean the changing the BP when we're a certain way into a world, I know that this is very much available at the moment. It would require no coding from the developers.

DeletedUser

I might have missunderstood something here. Changing the BP after 6 months from 5 days to 2-3 weeks should be technically possible. I will have to ask the higher ups on this one though.

DeletedUser13936

i like this idea i think beginners protection should be lengthened to 10 days

DeletedUser

I like it, it offers support for to newbies to grow and more experienced players to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.