Beginners Protection

DeletedUser54965

i dont see how it is fair if we attack that we lose our BP early, you figure you are starting later than people they have aadvantage with more points and cities than you, but we can not attack in fear of losing our BP and not being able to protect ourself, i feel this decision was pretty dumb and who ever thought of it needs to quit.

DeletedUser44426

If your ready to attack that early, then your ready to be attacked early. A majority of people wait until bp is over anyway. So I don't see this as an issue.

DeletedUser54965

well im ready to attack but not to be attacked, now i gotta turn alarms on if i wanna attack

DeletedUser31931

I'm sorry but this is just idiotic. You think there should be a period where you can attack someone but the system stops them from being able to hit you back....? I am usually a bit more delicate when critiquing ideas haha, but you've been around long enough that this rather confuses me.

DeletedUser54965

thats how BP used to work they just changed it i think

DeletedUser55069

well im ready to attack but not to be attacked, now i gotta turn alarms on if i wanna attack
the changes were implemented exactly against those type of players who attacked the others while they could not be attacked due to beginner protection...
often these players only attacked to annoy the others o_O

DeletedUser31931

No. Initially it was impossible to end BP early. They quickly changed that, but once BP ends, you can get attacked...that's never changed.

DeletedUser54965

you just said how it changed and supported what i said while trying to deny it... they didnt quickly change it unless a couple years are quick

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i don't think that's what tusc or molinillo said at all
the changes evolved in the last 6 months, i think
i really don't care enough to look it up
there are two different things that changed
1. you used to not be able to end BP early for any reason.... now you can in a variety of ways
2. you used to be able to attack but not be attack... this changed for two reasons: the one listed by molinillo and the addition of bandit camps meant less need to farm others for resources, hence less need to attack others early

DeletedUser55329

This is how Beginners Protecting used to work, but try putting yourself in the other players shoes. Lets say 7 day BP world and a player golds a city up in 3-4 days. Now for the next 3-4 days you have a player hitting you at all times of the day and there is nothing you can do about it. I'd begin to feel a bit salty, wouldn't you? Not only that but that player just put a bullseye on them self for when they step out of BP and they lose their city in 1 day. At least this way it gives players the opportunity to stay under the radar long enough to get established and hopefully defend themselves.

DeletedUser54965

This is how Beginners Protecting used to work, but try putting yourself in the other players shoes. Lets say 7 day BP world and a player golds a city up in 3-4 days. Now for the next 3-4 days you have a player hitting you at all times of the day and there is nothing you can do about it. I'd begin to feel a bit salty, wouldn't you? Not only that but that player just put a bullseye on them self for when they step out of BP and they lose their city in 1 day. At least this way it gives players the opportunity to stay under the radar long enough to get established and hopefully defend themselves.

i still donr think its fair, i wouldnt care if a player attacked me and stayed in BP, all im saying is if you are in bp and they are not they have the building advantage

DeletedUser36697

You tried ..................... Cant make a horse drink even when you lead them to the pond

DeletedUser54192

i still donr think its fair, i wouldnt care if a player attacked me and stayed in BP, all im saying is if you are in bp and they are not they have the building advantage
You might not care. However a lot of people did care about it, as you could often end up with someone dropping on your island 2-3 days later than everyone else, and having free reign to attack you around the clock with no retaliation possible for several days. I ran into that exact issue on en95 Nagidos - a player appeared maybe 2 days after me on the same island. When he came out of BP, he had been building just OLU, and was able to attack me constantly for a while, and I had to go on the defensive (which often stalls growth if it's your only city at the time) because I had no way of retaliating.

Nothing has prevented you from dropping late and attacking others when they come out of BP naturally. It's just that you actually have to think about whether you want to go attacking other players versus staying in protection, rather than mindlessly attacking them with no drawbacks.