Bellerophon is a joke!

DeletedUser

Pacts or not...

Another joyful read of the Bell forums (facepalm)

Seems everyone quotes facts but everyones fact are different!

I've been off with family and work issues but plan to return soon and what may be a slightly more exciting server. Seems some of our enemies may have grown a spine finally :p I may even get attacked :D

The one FACT I know is Eviction Notice and Occupy have been pact from the start as we came here together from Rho. A few extras picked up from other worlds we played with.
The only other alliance we actually had a pact with was GoA. We held NAPs with various other alliances at points but had never been PACT.
Differing opinions over why certain NAPs broke down have been shared, biggest being the NAP with Styx. As stated a weeks notice was to given but other rules were stipulated that weren't followed so why follow the week rule ;)

Many say we haven't taken much from Styx but why bother when so many cities are stacked with 1k trans with out even a revolt. Using there words it not worth the losses! In the mean time other alliances have been hit in 55 with positive results. And of course many inactives/awol or leaving players :(

Conquers have been taking on all sides around the map, which is how the game should be and hopefully this server may continue to be!

EN/O has had a major restructure since the departure of many head figures along with many others, most sadly missed.
We are still holding top spots with most stats and with our enemies growing spines and actually attacking more active players we may even top the DBP rank too soon :p

Either way time will tell, but hopefully it at least leads to a more fun game and active external forum.
:pro:

DeletedUser

wow...people are still complaining about pacts and money usage?!?! the ONLY alliance that did not pact with anyone (as far as i know) may have been pink death, and we all saw how well that worked out for them. if you think pacts have ruined this server...quit and join a new server. if you think pacts have ruined the game...go find a new hobby! it's ridiculous how much people whine about a FREE game. it's like people complaining about being switched to timeline on facebook. don't like it...don't friggin' use it! if EN/O weren't on top, people would be complaining about the styx conglomerate, or whoever was the top dog at the time. everyone seems to need to find some excuse for why they are not on top.

and complaining about money usage is a complete joke. how do you think a game like this survives? and lets be honest, even if you "abuse" (whatever that means) speed-ups, etc., it's still a nominal amount of money. i probably make more dropping my daily deuce than i could possibly spend on this game in a day. i'm not bragging, as i'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have a lot more or make a lot more money than i do. but c'mon, you're gonna use that as the reason you're not #1 in the server? if you can't afford a few bucks a day for a game you probably spend hours on, then you should probably go out and find a better job or a sugar momma/daddy. or...go find a game where no money can be spent (i'm sure it would be awesome) and stop whining!

that is all...

DeletedUser

wow...people are still complaining about pacts and money usage?!?! the ONLY alliance that did not pact with anyone (as far as i know) may have been pink death, and we all saw how well that worked out for them. if you think pacts have ruined this server...quit and join a new server. if you think pacts have ruined the game...go find a new hobby! it's ridiculous how much people whine about a FREE game. it's like people complaining about being switched to timeline on facebook. don't like it...don't friggin' use it! if EN/O weren't on top, people would be complaining about the styx conglomerate, or whoever was the top dog at the time. everyone seems to need to find some excuse for why they are not on top.

and complaining about money usage is a complete joke. how do you think a game like this survives? and lets be honest, even if you "abuse" (whatever that means) speed-ups, etc., it's still a nominal amount of money. i probably make more dropping my daily deuce than i could possibly spend on this game in a day. i'm not bragging, as i'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have a lot more or make a lot more money than i do. but c'mon, you're gonna use that as the reason you're not #1 in the server? if you can't afford a few bucks a day for a game you probably spend hours on, then you should probably go out and find a better job or a sugar momma/daddy. or...go find a game where no money can be spent (i'm sure it would be awesome) and stop whining!

that is all...

Actually, Pink Death was doing just fine without pacts. I personally think we could have made it without them. The thing that killed us was that all the top leaders got busy in RL and ended up having to focus on that for a little bit. While they were away EN/O decided to mass attack us. For an alliance half their size I think we held our own quite well tbh.

DeletedUser

PD folded in less than a week. if that's "holding your own quite well"...we obviously live in 2 very disparate realities. anyway, you completely missed the point of my post. i'm not attacking PD's strategy...they played the game the way they saw best fit, and tbh, it worked out pretty well for a while. if PD, was still top in the server, we wouldn't be hearing about how pacts ruin the game...although someone would inevitably be crying about gold use. EN/O is an alliance...just the same as Styx/-styx- is. news flash....both sides use gold! no rules are being broken. stop complaining!!!

DeletedUser18223

nice to be back!!! ow this world is refreshing seeing d12 member's in these world-pleasant gratitude and respect for d12 memmbers here- lol

hmm are you all guys serious in what are you talking about?hahahaha if your asking me who cares just have fun thats it!!!!

DeletedUser

PD folded in less than a week. if that's "holding your own quite well"...we obviously live in 2 very disparate realities. anyway, you completely missed the point of my post. i'm not attacking PD's strategy...they played the game the way they saw best fit, and tbh, it worked out pretty well for a while. if PD, was still top in the server, we wouldn't be hearing about how pacts ruin the game...although someone would inevitably be crying about gold use. EN/O is an alliance...just the same as Styx/-styx- is. news flash....both sides use gold! no rules are being broken. stop complaining!!!

Umm..I would like to know where you were...They lasted longer than a week...(rofl)

I never said EN/O wasn't an alliance, so you must be talking to someone else.. ;) I'll leave my reply there.

DeletedUser

it was about a week from when EN/O started on them that the majority had ghosted or gone into VM. i wasn't talking about a week from when they started on this server.

why do you keep trying to make this thread about PD? they are a distant memory at best. maybe take a course in reading comprehension?

DeletedUser

Hahaha..How nice! :)

Not making it about PD you posted something about them, and I replied.

Hmm..Reading comprehension..Sounds fun! Can you teach me since you're so good at it. :p

DeletedUser

Ok my turn...

*Whine, cry, banter banter, cry a bit more, blame it on Innogames*

Ok now that THAT's out of the way, I figured I should give you all an update.

Bellerophon is still pretty much a joke, however, we have started to find some excitement in it thanks to "the big guns." See, we here at Angel of Death finished off Titans of Tartarus by rimming 6 or 7 of their players at once. Then we went on to destroying Commando X until they cried to big brother Legacy for some assistance. We rimmed a few more of them, since they like to recruit refugees, and now Commando X has also ceased to exist. AoD +2, enemies 0. We'd like to thank The Flying Circus and I.R.S. for making the game interesting BY ACTUALLY ATTACKING our members. There's nothing worse than taking out two alliances and still having less than 20 cities because none of them fought back... That goes for you too, Empires United. 7 cities taken from 7thdragon (coincidence?) and no response, except for the old "this war is not good for either of our alliances, how bout a pact?" HOW ABOUT NO?!?!?!

Legacy... Oh Legacy... What can I say about you guys? I love some of the REAL players you guys have on your team, but your recruiting strategies and your new "Academy" alliance will be the cause of your demise. You picked up a bunch of players THAT WE ALREADY RIMMED, and you expect to go forward with this new team? Lol... Let's get serious. One of your little guys messed up by taking a city off of us as we slept, but that won't happen again ;) Even some of your own members are losing hope as we pound on a couple of them with no retaliation being sent our way. We didn't want a war with you, but you just keep doing all the wrong things and we tend to get a bit claustrophobic when you recruit every single person around us. Randall K, don't get cocky just because we let you run off with your 11 little cities. We're letting you build our new real estate before we come in and serve you with the foreclosures. You can't afford the property taxes in this area.

And to Eviction Notice and Occupy, it seems that we share the same interests after all... Too bad we didn't join this server earlier... O55 would be a bit more diverse if that was the case ;)

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

DeletedUser

Whoa! Is there a Vargus sighting?? Time to come back to the game, yes? Im sure you are really stoked over your new furniture, but its time to get off the couch.

i probably make more dropping my daily deuce than i could possibly spend on this game in a day.

TMI Vargus, however good to know you are regular :D I figure you could possibly spend $30-40 a day and much more during the Olympics. Based on a 10 minute dump, you make $180-240 per hour. That is something to brag about, although if you approach your daily deuce like you do VM; you make minimum wage :D

hopefully it at least leads to a more fun game and active external forum.

I pitched you guys the an internal world forum idea for banter. Top 10 alliances sharing a forum would renew interest, but w/o EN/O is not worth it.

See, we here at Angel of Death finished off Titans of Tartarus by rimming 6 or 7 of their players at once.

You ate the scraps Styx rimmed first. They all restarted on the Northern rim IIRC. Their best players joined EN.

And to Eviction Notice and Occupy, it seems that we share the same interests after all... Too bad we didn't join this server earlier... O55 would be a bit more diverse if that was the case

images

I wish you were in O55 too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

oh sgt, my sgt. have you missed me?

i'm guessing you've had your minions trying to hit my cities every 30 mins or so for the last few weeks so that you can give me a proper welcome back party. i hope you won't be too disappointed that the account won't be inactive when i do come out of VM. i may actually have quite a bit more time to play than i had before. i've been elbow deep in meetings & lawyers lately because i just sold the small IT consulting practice i started a few years ago to one of the bigger players in the area. until my lawyers can come up with a legal loophole in the lengthy non-competition agreement i had to sign, or i become a greeter at walmart, i'm technically "retired". :)

$30-$40/day is a pretty high estimate. maybe on a peak day, but i couldn't see that being a daily spend mostly because you wouldn't have the resources to support that kind of a build rate. also, actual out of pocket cost would be based on how you purchased your gold. buying in bulk has its perks.

i do think 10 mins is a fairly solid estimate. just enough time to not rush things, but not long enough for your legs to fall asleep. fridays after taco thursdays and any day after eating indian food would be the exceptions there for me.

you have an open invite to come hang out on my couch anytime you want...

DeletedUser

Of course I missed you bro. Your flag isnt worth the toilet paper its printed on, but I dont dwell on your bad decisions :)

Minions? I have minions? Guess who isnt making his own sandwiches anymore! Why would I want you to be inactive? I'd be forced to enter Walmart just to say Hi :D However, I will attack and take your cities just to see the mistakes you made in its construction...you know constructive criticism to better your game play :)

i do think 10 mins is a fairly solid estimate. just enough time to not rush things, but not long enough for your legs to fall asleep. fridays after taco thursdays and any day after eating indian food would be the exceptions there for me.

Thanks for ruining tacos and Indian food for me... Im guessing Friday is a crappy day to be attacked :Angry:

DeletedUser

You ate the scraps Styx rimmed first. They all restarted on the Northern rim IIRC. Their best players joined EN.

images

I wish you were in O55 too ;)

I said "finished them off" not completely destroyed them by ourselves. I knew they were old news when we started pounding on them, but they were still big enough for us to consume and be full for a week.

And don't get it twisted, I was not brown nosing anyone in 55... My request for diversity in O55 would come with force, not by invitation.

DeletedUser

Your flag isnt worth the toilet paper its printed on
that TP is both recycled and biodegradable. we were making a "green" decision. at least we can be easily distinguished from the other alliance-less scabs...but i won't dwell on your bad decisions either.

However, I will attack and take your cities just to see the mistakes you made in its construction...you know constructive criticism to better your game play
don't get my hopes up with empty promises. we both know you've never visited me with anything more than a harbor check. while i appreciate the critique offer, rest assured you'll find all of my cities are impeccably built and obviously come equipped with all the best techs:
architecture
crane
meteorology
cryptography

Thanks for ruining tacos and Indian food for me... Im guessing Friday is a crappy day to be attacked :Angry:
pun intended?

i missed you too...

DeletedUser

And don't get it twisted, I was not brown nosing anyone in 55... My request for diversity in O55 would come with force, not by invitation.

Dont you share a forum with EN? Was it by force or invitation? :D

Angel of Death will be the next EN merger.

Vargus-

Hey now! The 2 islands we shared Ive revolted both cities. Of course there was a Rock the Bireme Fest in the harbor the next day. But to be honest, I wasnt real motivated to attempt a city takeover. Now we share 4-5 islands, Im sure we will visit each other like BFFs :)

while i appreciate the critique offer, rest assured you'll find all of my cities are impeccably built and obviously come equipped with all the best techs:
architecture
crane
meteorology
cryptography

Sure those are excellent choices but no mention of no fire ships or Triremes? Next you'll say you dont build hydra nukes! Grasshopper let me give you some great advice. Keep your walls low so you can enjoy the ocean views :)

DeletedUser

Dont you share a forum with EN? Was it by force or invitation? :D

Angel of Death will be the next EN merger.

Well they have lost 31 cities in the last week they probably need EN so Iceblade can get back into the game

DeletedUser

But to be honest, I wasnt real motivated to attempt a city takeover. Now we share 4-5 islands, Im sure we will visit each other like BFFs :)

allow me to offer you some advice if you ever do find yourself "motivated"...build one of these first:

fail shed.jpg

you'll need it!

DeletedUser

Clearly you underestimate me...that shed is much too small.

Well they have lost 31 cities in the last week they probably need EN so Iceblade can get back into the game

Nice 1st post Helen. Congrats Legacy on your success against Ice and Angel of Death. Maybe he should change his avy.

images

DeletedUser

I find it funny that IceBlade started this thread yet he is colonising in O65 and stacking his cities with 25k land defence, along with pacting with many alliances and so far attacking no one.
Same with the dissident branches, pre-stacking their cities in O65 with 2500 birs +. Oh well, TFC is quite good at turtle bashing :)