Best Building levels for maximum population

DeletedUser

I am trying to find the best route to go as far as once i get my "super buildings" where my other building levels could be demolished to to obtain the maximum population. Yes i have baths and yes i have plow, and Warehouse, Farm, Cave, and Wall all need to be maxed.. I apologize if this has, in fact, been asked and answered already..

DeletedUser

There is no one correct answer to this question. And yes it has been asked several times before.

The warehouse, farm and cave a re no brsiners. The cave is the only one of these which uses population, and then it is only 7.

In conquest worlds the wall may be better off at lower levels. A high level wall will assist a besieger making it harder to snipe with your attack troops.

One of the most popular buildings to reduce is the academy. However you need this at level 30 to run 3 of the 4 culture activities. You also need it at level 20 to produce colony ships.

Once you are happy with your super buildings, the senate can be safely lowered as low as level 15. This will allow you to rebuild all buildings that can be affected by Zeus's bolt. Keep in mind that the lower the level, the longer it will take to rebuild. This can become a hinderance if you are attacked with cats and need your walls rebuilt ASAP.

The resource buildings, temple, market, barracks and harbor are buildings you can consider. Since each one of these involves a sacrifice in your troop rebuilding speed, only you can decide which is the best level for you

DeletedUser

One of the most popular buildings to reduce is the academy. However you need this at level 30 to run 3 of the 4 culture activities. You also need it at level 20 to produce colony ships.

Slight correction, it's level 22 for production of colony ships.

I have to agree with most of the rest though. As for the wall, that should vary depending on the type of city it is. In offensive cities, you don't want to be leaving your troops in the city to defend, so a wall isn't required. I keep a wall at level 6 in my offensive cities, for temple construction. In defensive cities, obviously you're more likely to want to keep your troops at home to defend against attacks, so a wall is of more use. 20-25 is usually a nice level to have it at in a defensive city, but I know some people choose to take it down to 10-15, after they've built their Tower.

Once you get a decent number of cities, keeping high level resource buildings isn't essential, as you should be able to push resources from your other cities, to rebuild. Equally, if you're a gold user, buildings such as the Senate, Barracks and Harbor aren't required at a high level, as you can speed up construction/recruitment with gold. I usually tend to lower my resource buildings as far as 10-15, but sometimes it's best not to go too low, to allow you to rebuild other buildings if hit by Lightning Bolt (level 15 timber camp and level 10 silver mine, for Harbor rebuilding, level 12 quarry for Temple rebuilding).

Temple is personal preference, really. I like to keep Temple levels high, but once you get a decent number of cities (30-40 fph) you can start lowering the levels a bit. Marketplace is, again, personal preference. I like to keep high level Marketplace in most cities, so that once all farming villages are maxed and I cannot train more units, I can send resources to other cities instead of having them stack up in my warehouse, unused.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23361

research

If you lower the academy do you not loose any completed research needing it to be high?

DeletedUser

If you lower the academy do you not loose any completed research needing it to be high?

No, the only thing affected by demolishing the Academy is Colony Ships. If you take the Academy below level 22, you can no longer train Colony Ships until you build it up to that level again.. any other research will not be affected.