Best Combo for raids in 1 transport

DeletedUser

I'm still small, so don't have the bunks - so keep that in mind. (but an answer based on that would be good too)

What I wonder is, what is the best pop combo to fit into 1 transport (20 pop), with the need to have enough offense to get past the wall without a loss, but also bring back the most resources.

I've been trying different combos, but am losing a troop every time.

Ideas/suggestions?

DeletedUser

You lose a couple anyway. You can EarthQuake the wall, or use Catapults.

DeletedUser

You will always lose a few troops at least if the wall has a few levels.

Best way to farm is knock down the wall with catapults and raid with horses which loot a lot.

DeletedUser

thanks for the reply asth.

a good point, for when cats are acquired.

for now, while attacking small inactives, I'm looking for (possibly) a number of attack points that will get me by with no loss of troops.

for example, when I raid on my island, with just a few horse, I never lose any.
but I don't want to tie up my horses on other island raids - as their advantage is much less.

so I tried like 3 horse and 9 (? don't recall exactly, but 20 pop) slinger - and I lost a slinger. for a <200 ea bounty, it's not worth it.

how does the wall rate against offensive points? these are probably just lev 1 walls.

DeletedUser

walls should only start killing your horses at about lvl6 or so (maybe lower if your luck is very low on an attack)

the wall itself doesn't actually have any defence points as far as i know, but it amplifies defence in the town. even empty towns have a (very low) base defence, so walls will just amplify this. unfortunately i have no idea what the base defence actually is for an empty town, but it's enough to kill a defensive troop if you farm using swords or archers.

DeletedUser

I didn't say I was losing horses.

The problem is, that if I send x horses, NONE die. If I send x horses + one ANY other troop (with less pwr), then usually, that 1 soldier dies. That is stupid, to put it bluntly. (doing that to slow a raid down, to maximize raids at night)

Yes, archer or sword, but ALSO slinger or Hoplite.

This applies to any kind of raiding.

To get back to the Op: rule of thumb = don't try to raid with just 1 transport, if you lose 1 troop (you probably will), then you're likely losing resources. This is concerning pop 175-250 towns. Send enough to not lose any troops, or don't send at all. (btw, this is meant for after the villa is cleared of defenders)

Look around more and find some higher pops that are inactive. 2 transports with 13 horse is nice for these.

(SW)

DeletedUser

If the wall is high enough it doesn't matter how much you send, the base defense of the city (+wall) is enough to kill a few offensive units regardless of the size of the attack.

DeletedUser18132

Maybe you should try going for bigger towns and not just one transport.

DeletedUser

I didn't say I was losing horses.
i know you didn't, i was just pointing out that when the wall gets higher you may start to lose even horses ;)

if you're planning on farming cities with walls, then you need to have a look at the level. if it's under lvl6 then you should be fine to farm with horses and take no losses. if the wall is 6 or above then you might want to think about knocking the wall down, either with catapults or an earthquake, or sending units with a higher population value than horses (i.e. chariots, harpies, etc) because you will lose the odd horse against a lvl6 wall.

DeletedUser

pure horse filled transports, trying to fill out that last extra space detrimental.
Also if you use multiple transports, they cut one horse into fillets and reassemble him on the the other side...