Best player in grepolis.net

DeletedUser20415

who is talking about gold, lol I buyed gold one time, to try them out of curiosity, but I would LOVE to see a server without gold using, one vs one !!

Milos21

Phrourach
Milos - at what point did I even mention gold.

I was using that as an example how you can play Grepo beyond what Inno tells you to do.

Out of curiosity what would your values say about a player who says
" I would rather delete my account than build WW"
and then goes on to build them.

I would say he changed his mind and broke his word.

If you are referring to me by that sentence, I still feel the same way. If you are asking about Corinth, soc and me founded PB and brought many people in. When I realized WW era will start, I asked my players what they want to do. I have asked that question several times. Based on what people I care about wanted - I decided to engage in WW era. I gave away all my cities on potential WW islands. When WW era started, PB did not have a single island ready for WW.
But people I care about voted to try to build them. And I am one of the best leaders in Grep not because I build WWs well, but because I never leave my players. I stick around and I did again.

If my players could turn back time, they would all vote against engaging in WWs now. I was right and they were wrong, but that does not give me right to leave them.

Milos21

Phrourach
Or a server were you could only spend gold like you could before grepo 2.0

I still bet Inno forged voting system when we voted will Inno upgrade old servers to v2.
I voted to keep v1.26 and every player I know did the same.
They still insist 80% of players voted for v2, but I dont believe that.

DeletedUser31552

WW's suck. And they definitely don't show which players are the best, but that's how it is and there's not much at all that we can do about it. BUT, if a player breaks into a large alliances wonder and halts it, then that player and all who helped are amazing.

DeletedUser36146

The problem in that area is defining "best". The PB/Milos concept seems to be:- set up a premade - get in early so they are bigger better badder than everyone else - bish bash bosh 2 months world over - presumably so they can "lord" it over everyone else
(something PB excelled at in the early days - with the likes of daizan etc).
The problem with that concept is the world will be decided by how good your premade is - something that happens even before the world starts (so hardly qualifies as the best in my book) - combined with who can play grepolis on the go - which all depends on whether youre allowed to play it at work. No surprise then that many consider both adasko and snoops as the best players (Im led to believe they both have their own companies). Equally we have the likes of CH (and according to rumour lockthor) - I dont think I need to explain that one do I?
In the early days PB were despised not because of their ability but because of their sheer arrogance - like little boys peeking out from behind Socrates. I thought the way Nicossia in particular was hounded out by some of the comments on here was particulary distasteful.
Dont get me wrong I have nothing but realistic admiration for Socrates but the PB rhetoric was of course the usual drivel.
Now of course that arrogance has quite frankly turned to sour grapes. IF PB (sorry TU) had built the WW first Im quite sure these forums would be full of their wonderful accomplishment yet the only 2 threads started on here were by Richard and Farg neither of whom has anything to do with TS.
So far in the various threads on here since WW I have heard PB wish to dictate the alliance cap size -where we can build WW - how we play - what we can do - what we cant do- Ive even heard suggestion as to who we can pact with ~ sigh.
(no mention of reapers death dealers dzikie hordie angry apples OV TU etc because thats PB pacts so its ok)
So basically the arrogance of PB are the "best" has changed to bleating of "its not fair"
Seriously you need to get over it cuz it does you no credit.
This time we won - next time you might - thats how it goes

DeletedUser31552

This thread wasn't made for you to criticise PB, go make another thread with that title if that's all you want to do...

DeletedUser36146

Unhyped you are right of course - silly me believing I would actually be allowed to criticise them - Its only PB that are allowed to criticise every one else on here (and on every other thread ) - my mistake.
Ill leave you all in peace so you can tell each other how wonderful you all are.

I was right and they were wrong- Milos21

I rest my case :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20415

The problem in that area is defining "best". The PB/Milos concept seems to be:- set up a premade - get in early so they are bigger better badder than everyone else - bish bash bosh 2 months world over - presumably so they can "lord" it over everyone else
The problem with that concept is the world will be decided by how good your premade is - something that happens even before the world starts (so hardly qualifies as the best in my book) - combined with who can play grepolis on the go - which all depends on whether youre allowed to play it at work. No surprise then that many consider both adasko and snoops as the best players (Im led to believe they both have their own companies). Equally we have the likes of CH (and according to rumour lockthor) - I dont think I need to explain that one do I?
In the early days PB were despised not because of their ability but because of their sheer arrogance - like little boys peeking out from behind Socrates. I thought the way Nicossia in particular was hounded out by some of the comments on here was particulary distasteful.
Dont get me wrong I have nothing but realistic admiration for Socrates but the PB rhetoric was of course the usual drivel.
Now of course that arrogance has quite frankly turned to sour grapes. IF PB (sorry TU) had built the WW first Im quite sure these forums would be full of their wonderful accomplishment yet the only 2 threads started on here were by Richard and Farg neither of whom has anything to do with TS.
So far in the various threads on here since WW I have heard PB wish to dictate the alliance cap size -where we can build WW - how we play - what we can do - what we cant do- Ive even heard suggestion as to who we can pact with ~ sigh.
(no mention of reapers death dealers dzikie hordie angry apples OV TU etc because thats PB pacts so its ok)
So basically the arrogance of PB are the "best" has changed to bleating of "its not fair"

actually what he said is 100% true

DeletedUser12667

Hilop
First premade with half decent players to join up will be in the core -
and once ahead will likely remain dominant for a long period
so 2 months after that it would be pointless joining.

Ironically Im not a fan of WW but if thats the winning criteria then thats what I will base my strategy on
just the same as all the other criterias - alliance cap - morale etc etc.

With regard to *adasko* being the best attacker sorry but I cant agree with that one.
Most active attacker - yes probably. His style was more quantity over quality -
but if being the "best" attacker is defined by ABP alone then yes.
If it was a one on one with socrates gpax or *adasko* I know who I would pick

With regard to Milos being the best leader - its difficult to tell if youre not in that alliance
but kudos to him for keeping PB dominant despite the loss of Soc etc
and for making it at least an entertaining world

But yet the half decent players suffer not winning the world due to the one sided requirements. And it is not pointless joining 2 months in, I have seen some awesome play from late starters.

And I dont see adasko as best attacker, if cornith was 1.26 version then I doubt he could have kept up with me. But it is 2.0, and I have yet to have the desire to play like I did in the 1.26 days. So my stats here are worthless to the point. But if adasko was a bit more humble then I would place him in the top player ranks. As imo the top players are those who are cival to all.

It may be difficult to tell the actual leadership of milos, but his respect to all speaks louder than any word could say. And that imo is what counts, you may be top, but if you treat others like they are beneath you then you are nothing more than a bully. Where if you are top and show those who fail to have your stats respect, then that is a totally respectable player.

*Adasko*

Phrourach
Its pointless to join server outside the first 3 months. 80% of fun is first 3 months. I can not imagine playing the server already formed. I played that game once or twice and its not fun at all. Half of players around you are not even fighting.

I strongly disagree on that mate. In life and in game, people should do their best and do what they think its right. If you do what Inno suggets, you will never develop your own way of thinking, fighting etc.
I despise gold and taking money in that way. I am OK with commercials and ads, but paying for playing is not what Grepolis should be about.
So,I play without any gold (I did take 2300 free gold on Christmas event bug).
So, you are saying that I should obey Inno system, take my credit card and pay to be competitive? Nope mate. I say lets do right things, things the way we see them, lets improve the Grepo, the externals and change things.
Lets improve the WW system instead of following it without thinking.

I would be very sad man if I dont play the same way I do things in RL.

WE CAN CHANGE THINGS IF WE DO OUR BEST, without thinking what others will say or do.

Adasko is one of the most active players I have ever seen. I wont even try to dispute that. He is 5 times more online than myself.
but soc and original gpax have something else that you like about players. A social dimension.
I like attackers, I must admit that. But I love people behind play skills more.

Milo you know I have time to play :) if i dont have time i dont play its a simple rule because grepolis its a game when if you have time you can be a top player, you can conquer many cities getting many BP ect. Best attacker must be very active and you know it. I spend on grepo around 20h on day because i have target:) top 1 in attack later i play like you. WW is boring nobody want to fight all only send res to wonders its a stupid system to win world. I use glod only on captian and always i use on it. I dont need other assistants. Milo nice to see you on Gela :)

DeletedUser20415

And you think winner would be the alliance which builds WWs faster? Really?

Actually all my strategy games, online or single player I play them as conquest as win condition.

WW is the winner of the world, that is not me saying that is the grepo server saying, but again they cant put the world for final conquest because then the world will take 10 years to close, just me saying.

*Adasko*

Phrourach
Actually all my strategy games, online or single player I play them as conquest as win condition.

WW is the winner of the world, that is not me saying that is the grepo server saying, but again they cant put the world for final conquest because then the world will take 10 years to close, just me saying.

Shall bring capital, may be the layout of, an alliance that will conquer 100 enemy capitals alliances wins or more
Its good system to fighters :) WW is boring we play here because we want fight and conquer many cities

Milos21

Phrourach

Mate, it seems I could write all day replying to this and I would not change your mind. You dont see things the way my group sees them, end of line. You dont need to make it personal. Its the Grepo perception we have mate, its not about who we like/dislike.

If you read my premade thread, you would realize its about playing with old friends.

I won 1 million attack points in Project Venom and I started as a noob. I did the same in Permanent Ban where I started as veteran. I hated WWs and I ghosted XI with my crew before it started. I voted 3 times to do same in Corinth and my group made a mistake. Thats all mate. No need for hard feelings

DeletedUser

Milos i wouldnt really give grimm the time of day this is the player that only got BP during the olympics was probably attacking a lot of his simming partners. No one hear is crying mate! We know we were the best players on the servers, APS dont lie well except in your case bahahaa.

DeletedUser14937

I remember when he sent me a page long essay to explain himself :p Such was his shame I guess. I never read it tbh, I rarely read anything longer than 10 lines ^.^!

DeletedUser36146

I rarely read anything longer than 10 lines ^.^!

It shows ;)

To JPSindeth and Farg - respect
To those who chose not to post - respect

To Icryber - youre just a bad loser

Post what you like - Im out of here - cuz youre boring me now

DeletedUser14937

Nope I can prove I'm not a bad loser :p I keep getting butt kicked (it's a bit better now) in Helorus by the Polish armada that landed there and I'm not ashamed to say they crushed me and the alliance I'm in in 2 ridiculously well planned ops :p

The Gold Ego Rimmer, your turn to show modesty? Bet you don't even know what the word means though ^.^!