Best Team Ever Assembled?

DeletedUser50245

Yes i am. Higher speed have more players but avg spend is much higher in speed 1 than in speed 3.
what mungus says is true about spending ... i played in Amisos (en101) to gold trade, speed 1 since it first opened ... gold was still flowing even minutes before i lost my city there ... for 4 months, it was a financial success :D in en103 (speed 3), gold dried up after a month

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
what mungus says is true about spending ... i played in Amisos (en101) to gold trade, speed 1 since it first opened ... gold was still flowing even minutes before i lost my city there ... for 4 months, it was a financial success :D in en103 (speed 3), gold dried up after a month

about that world i know too, i made 12k gold while playing EN100 speed 6 conquest.

DeletedUser50245

did it last for 4 months or more? if i hadn't lost my city in Amisos, i would still be getting gold. in en103 (Carystus), gold has practically dried up after a month ... yes, i have 20 offers 5 days ago (from all my cities) and none have been bought so far, thus i canceled them

Ranga1

Strategos
You??? i came there for Erik and Pra, you are just nobody :D I was there to make sure you don`t build all 7 and i think as far as my memory serves me, you did not. That for me is win dumbo.
Btw apes don`t play chess, they just click, click and click ;)

Lol now the story changes :D i can feel your pain through your words fungy, its ok to lose, only the true greats win everytime they play, clearly that aint you haha

DeletedUser22517

Lol now the story changes :D i can feel your pain through your words fungy, its ok to lose, only the true greats win everytime they play, clearly that aint you haha
Nothing changes, apes will never be able to play chess :D

DeletedUser22517

Lucky this is grepo then. You book in your therapy with le chadd yet? Or he still full cos of leo?
If by therapy you mean a party, yes we booked for this summer. That is something you people don`t understand, when facing TS you are facing a family, people who actually know each other and share their life goods or bad.

Ranga1

Strategos
Lol glad you have at least a couple of friends now, even if they were just originally online friends. Took you what 35 years to make some friends? Your mommy would be so proud of you :)

DeletedUser41523

So giving it some thought, if I had to pick, I'd have to say Project Venom (Project Venom, Venom 2.0/Black Venom, Venominimum, Envenom, Final Boss (?), and Zero Fox Given) were/are the best with Eviction Notice being a very close second.

Both teams have had a long range of success including both teams having wins on both a conquest and revolt server. But I think Venom pulls ahead due to two factors.

1) They have better leader quality. This isn't a knock on Eviction Notice but Venom has had Daizan, Big Bad, Gothamsoldier, Dark Highlander, and Miknel. Just to name a few.

2) They've outlasted Eviction Notice. Longevity is important when comparing two of the best alliances. Venom started on Xi and Eviction Notice started on Rho. Eviction Notice had a civil war and ended on Golgi. If we're counting Zero Fox Given, which I believe was a continuation of PV's premise and goals with Gotham and BB leading, then Venom is still alive. I believe you could also count Zero Fox Given vs Masked Profanity as a civil war but both groups are still playing...which also implies that MP is another Venom group or a variation of it. I'll let them clarify if they care to. And then Slyther/n is also still on the table I believe? That would max out at 3 active groups with the main leaders playing in them.

For anyone wondering why I got to these two alliances being the best. Its because they both have assembled some of the best rosters, housed some of the best players and leaders, and notched quality wins in both wars and wonders against good teams. But they also, to the best of my knowledge, are the only teams to notch a win on both styles of conquest. They also can play at different speeds.

DeletedUser21774

Smiley, if you are saying ZFG, Venom, etc - then you are speaking conquest worlds. Those guys are okay. Just. If they would like to meet Triad on a speed 1 conquest world, fine by me. A number of folks from the Zancle world were complaining excessively about the Triad cheaters, gold buyers, bribing the mods, hacking or what not. That's usually the gold standard of admitting defeat (plus the # requesting an opportunity to play with Triad in the future). Since a Syndicate match would not be in the offing, perhaps this one is a possibility. Triad play to their opponents level, which has not been as high since the Athens world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

I personally wouldn't do speed 1. Only ever had fun on that kind of setting on Delos. Problem with speed 1 trying to claim they're the overall best is that its a big fish in a small pond scenario.

I think speed 2 is a fair ground. But I'm not really the guy to talk to about that. After all, I'm not leading Venom. I think the next version of that is either going to Slyther/n if you can get ahold of Daizan or Curtain Call.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22517

Lol glad you have at least a couple of friends now, even if they were just originally online friends. Took you what 35 years to make some friends? Your mommy would be so proud of you :)
At least i have some, not like you dumbo and other apes ;)

Ranga1

Strategos
At least i have some, not like you dumbo and other apes ;)

:D i know you are i said you are so what ammmmm i? Good 7 yr old arguement tool :D cmon fungy at least get creative with your insults. And you realise that apes are inherently pack animals? So even your insults contradict themselves lol

DeletedUser41523

So yeah. If we're still doing the whole TS vs EN thing. EN wins for now. Simply because of the big fish in a small pond factor.

DeletedUser43023

i have played both with and against Triad and Venom and i think it would be epic...but due to RL, many Triad players have given up the faster worlds, so it would have to be speed 1 to be a real test...

DeletedUser22115

Majority of the OG EN players quit along time ago. Not sure how many are left been a long time since i played with/against an EN alliance.

DeletedUser38465

Whos best? Most likely its the longstanding alliances like EN or TS on revolt, or Triad or Venom on Conquest. But there have been other great alliances that crush everything early, and die from internal fights. Some who die later on due to internal problems people leaving RL etc., or being outnumbered and crushed/or unable to make a punch through. o_O If that is all an excuse and doesn't count, I'd say the above is right.

There were two major alliances in the core, and there really wasn't a "middle game" on that world. Byzantine Empire vs Grepo Addicts. It was like there really were not any independent alliances, each of the other smaller alliances there, pledged allegiance to one or the other. Perhaps it was a longstanding rivalry stemming from previous worlds I don't know. From the beginning it was two "The Merges" duking it out in the core or just outside the core. There was only one wild card in the beginning and that was "The Minions" on the rim on BEs backside who crushed and ate everything early, but fell rather quick to a mix of, people leaving for the next world, and internal fights etc.

HERT policy was not to eat all their enemies but allow them to join their ranks, even if they are simmers. Simmers and half actives will be useful in world wonders, thats what I was told later...And the other "lean" alliances eat the simmers, save the best fighters and move on. Which is better, which has a better track record?

In this current wonder mechanism, simply having lots of friends win you games 9 times out of 10 in the end, and like HERT, having a decent sized solid core of fighters, along with a crap ton of simmers and half actives can win you in the long run. And when alliances capitulate as fast as most alliances did on that server, you get an even bigger solid core of fighters! yay ;)

I've noticed this in every EN/Coming Soon/HERT etc world I've been on, respectively. Diplomacy is a tactic, posturing, banter, tongue in cheek, cloak and dagger. Politics here is just the same as in real politics, and seems to have an effect on worlds concerning them. Tea.. was the mastermind on Eubea, he was the string puller lol. Even BEs longstanding ally "Fighting Fish", many in their leadership were secretly working for HERT long time before the BE collapse come to find out later, so really the latter part of that server it was all HERT vs Enigma and Co....Me? I was straightforward, and who won? Mind you, im not accounting this, for all the mistakes I made/problems we had too that caused us to lose. anyways

My point being if you are a sly snake, and know how to play politics, I guess thats a tactic as well as fighting the entire world, and i know there have been many alliances who tried fighting the world, but failed... TS seems to be the only one I've seen who successfully did it that way, speed 1 or speed 3, it still happened. But I'm not as clued in on the older servers to make such a statement 100%.

Heres a way to solve whos the best. End the "merge factor" with wonders, make it to where if the cap is 80 players, then that is all you have to finish wonders, and wa la, whomever can manage resources, spend the most time, and deploy what strategies involved to get the wonders done quicker than others is best. That would also end the incentive of "only in it so I can merge later on to win shiny crowns" mindset.