Best Team Ever Assembled?

DeletedUser

the best teams existed before gold became a major game factor, which means that most of you won't remember them at all. There was one on gamma, I forget which one but it wasn't hugs if you are talking about teamwork not success rate. Phoenix of Carthage were amazing on teamwork (who remembers them?). If you are talking success with dodgy game tactics then you have to hand it to Dark judgement's flawless endgame tactic of rotating VM on completed WW islands so that they are unattackable.

DeletedUser22115

the best teams existed before gold became a major game factor, which means that most of you won't remember them at all. There was one on gamma, I forget which one but it wasn't hugs if you are talking about teamwork not success rate. Phoenix of Carthage were amazing on teamwork (who remembers them?). If you are talking success with dodgy game tactics then you have to hand it to Dark judgement's flawless endgame tactic of rotating VM on completed WW islands so that they are unattackable.
Fusion?

DeletedUser

Nope, they got sabotaged by hugs, they had about 20 players, let me look... grepostats no longer exists lol. Incidently, I think one of the reasons for Naji quitting was after he ran into DJ's dirty WW tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What remains of them is over on Achilles. They won everything then got bored and camped out on achilles. Most of them have left there now too. Crisfassu, Batalo, Edeken etc. Every world they joined they won.

DeletedUser32254

Perhaps a better question would be,, What was the most successful Alliance that played with honor?

There seems to be precious little of it left in grepo now days. Skill replaced by gold, strategy replaced by all manner of sleazy plots, loyalty in hard times by ship jumping, huge Alliances attacking small ones. farm bots , gold bots, attack and defense bots... I could not say that I have seen a legitimate crown in years.

DeletedUser41523

I've noticed that a lot of this tends to be a problem on fast servers but if you go down to a 2 with morale, the drop off is huge. I'm not saying 100% solved but my experiences on Lato and Olous were two different things.

People always jumped ship when times got hard. Huge alliances always attacked small ones too.

DeletedUser14283

The Huns on EN4 dominated the Speed 1 - never saw anything like it.

The Dirty Dozen on EN9 were a fantastic crew.

It’s a shame that so many old schoolers have moved on. The best worlds were around 2.0 before all the gold and events came in.

As an old timer, I’ve never seen so many events. The Christmas event was the highlight of the Grepolis calendar.. Unless you count those awesome Speed worlds they did years back.

DeletedUser53923

more than the gold and events. athenas records and all the sites that followed changed what is considered "best" teams. once enemies only targeted your easy to look up sleep hours "spam them through their sleep for days" became the new offense. from that point on "best" is really defined by most resilient, little else.

DeletedUser

There were always ways of foiling the records and offline time hunters, the thing that really changed the game was the app alarm. Back in the days, you could spend as much as you wanted, but if you were not there it didn't help you, now if you have gold and the alarm, theoretically no-one should be able to take a city off you ever. Fortunately we have server lag to thank for the lack of people that can attain that. But point is that the facility has meteorically widened the gap between normal players (basic spenders) and gold whores.

DeletedUser53923

There were always ways of foiling the records and offline time hunters, the thing that really changed the game was the app alarm. Back in the days, you could spend as much as you wanted, but if you were not there it didn't help you, now if you have gold and the alarm, theoretically no-one should be able to take a city off you ever. Fortunately we have server lag to thank for the lack of people that can attain that. But point is that the facility has meteorically widened the gap between normal players (basic spenders) and gold whores.

true. the online time websites and app both came about at approximately the same time. i just lump it all together mentally.

DeletedUser13405

I remember those teams :)

DeletedUser45141

Death Legion in Xi under firelord0001
smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif

DeletedUser41523

I think the flyers and favor farming also messed with the game. Now a days in conq, you're practically forced to constantly HC and check for offline players. A big day is when someone's alarm goes out or they stop logging in altogether.

Don't get me wrong, offline players were heavily targeted before in conquest, easy takes are easy takes. But there were some crazy battles and ops over online player's cities too. I remember a couple of sieges where i'd have a ton of reports from timed LS vs timed biremes and the sieges held. Now a days if you get a ton of reports at the start of a siege, the siege probably isn't holding and you'll be rebuilding DLU for a long time.

DeletedUser54161

@The Smilodon Fatalis We're talking about the "Best Team Ever Assembled",
NOT about how you can't hang with the Big Boys

I thought there were some good ones on the worlds I played; if we are just talking first generation worlds
Phoenix of Carthage on Beta
Smash Bros. and the Huns on Delta
Black A.R.M.A.D.A, Union of Warlords and Chaos Rising on Eta (Even though Steel Titans won -_-)
Team Aicy vs Team Dobby anyone???

But that being said, I think anyone who leads a major alliance for any length of time deserves a pat on the back. It is a lot of hard work, and rather they succeed or fail, they should be exalted for their service to the game. It is not easy bringing so many personalities together under one banner.
Many of the more current worlds contain "premades" which were less frequent in Generation 1 worlds.
With new world's and clashing premades it's a different game

Last edited by a moderator:

Yossarian234

Strategos
Perhaps a better question would be,, What was the most successful Alliance that played with honor?

There seems to be precious little of it left in grepo now days. Skill replaced by gold, strategy replaced by all manner of sleazy plots, loyalty in hard times by ship jumping, huge Alliances attacking small ones. farm bots , gold bots, attack and defense bots... I could not say that I have seen a legitimate crown in years.
I'd say The Fluffernutters from Sinope were the most honorable alliance I have ever seen and played with