Best units for an island

DeletedUser41204

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of the best units to get for each island depending on their high/low resource production?

DeletedUser

+wood, minus silver, good for biremes
+wood,minus rock, good for defensive land, and light ships
+silver,minus wood, good for hoplites,or horse
+silver,minus rock, good for hoplites
+rock,minus wood, good for slingers, chariots.
+rock,minus silver, slingers, chariots.

DeletedUser

"+silver,minus rock, good for hoplites"

This is good for defensive land in general aswell, not AS good as +wood/-rock but still. Especially as You can't really always choose what islands You get.

silver+ cities are also good for doggies.
wood+ cities are also good for pegasi.

DeletedUser

I use anything plus stone as DLU

Wouldnt waste a plus wood minus rock on DLU ever haha

DeletedUser

He said the best island for which unit

Plus wood, minus stone is LS. I only tend to use them differently if it is hostile/miles away from any action

DeletedUser

yes, it is best for ls, OR dlu :rolleyes: as ls are more important to you you choose ls, a turtle would choose dlu or bims.

DeletedUser25660

Hard to tell IMO, The units you can build will depend more on the type of trade you can do with the farming villages on an island, and there's no way of knowing that unless you already have an ally on that island.

I have an island where it's + Wood - Rock, would have been perfect for LS, but the farming villages all trades to rock. I ended up having mixed LS and Slingers.

DeletedUser13436

Does the resource difference really matter so much? Most of the resources I get are from farming other cities and farming villages. I don't really enough pay attention to the plus/minus resource feature of the island.

DeletedUser29066

Does the resource difference really matter so much? Most of the resources I get are from farming other cities and farming villages. I don't really enough pay attention to the plus/minus resource feature of the island.

To me it matters more early on but not so much later when city specializations can be changed to meet needs regardless of an island's resource mix

DeletedUser

Even if it's not too important, if you know what kind of specialty you're looking for and you've got a couple islands to choose from... *shrug* Why not try and match as best you can? That increase could be just what you need to push you ahead- who knows?