Best/Worst Lamia alliance names

DeletedUser13495

Purpose: I dunno, maybe to inject a bit of humor alongside some critique of the creativity (or lack thereof) of the folks creating alliances on this server.

Suggestion: If you don't like any alliance with "xxx" in the name, list that as one entry (examples below)...

Suggested rule: You can't vote for your own alliance name.

Best:
Shadow Syndicate (Sounds cool meaning kind of makes since though not 100%)

Worst:
NO WAY (I think they forgot to turn caps lock off...STOP SHOUTING!)

DeletedUser

If an alliance fits in more than one of the below catergories they are beyond bad. Many bad ones are as follows:

Anything that (strongly and completely) contradicts the setting of Grepolis. (Republic of Korea, The Jolly Roger, Soldiers of Valhalla, Roman Empire, SEAL TEAM 6)
People that can't turn off caps lock and I hope I don't have to do diplomacy with them. (WE ARE ALL GREEK, THE BARBARIANS, NO WAY, THE BROTHER HOOD).
Partially capitalised or number substitution in alliance names. (VIRus, Had3s Hoplit3s, War Of The LABYRINTH)
No capitals in alliance names and/or no spaces and/or spelling errors. (DieHards, black serpents)
Overly Greek or other fanboyism, or riding the reputation of another alliance in another world. (300 strength and honor, Olympians, Spartans, Legion)
Anything cliché. (Wrath of the Gods, Devil Angels, Children of the Grave, Shadow Syndicate).

These are just some brief examples, I could go into great depth about bad alliance names but then I'll lose a day or two of farming.

Can't see any good alliance names. My pick would have been Retribution (without the added word on the end) or Rage (without the number). I'm a fan of single words that are powerful, straight to the point and sound awesome. They mean business. Although a few work well with multiple words, when done correctly and compliment each other such as Talon Mix, Achaean League, Ferenike Constellation and Phoenix of Carthage.

DeletedUser

Personally I would have preferred "the rampaging mooses of fate", instead of Hades Hoplites, but it was not my call

DeletedUser

Personally I would have preferred "the rampaging mooses of fate", instead of Hades Hoplites, but it was not my call

That would have been cool in a "Have you seen my camel" on iota kinda way :D

DeletedUser

This is one that I just saw. My immediate reaction was "...What?"

Temporal Distortion Red.

Oh and it seems there's also Temporal Distortion Blue...

One that I do kinda like is Postcard from Pompeii

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12667

Hades hoplites(and all the ones with numbers in the name) Kinda like spartan names imo :)

DeletedUser

I think the worst name is Hade5 Hoplite5. THe 5 hardly looks like an S, they might as well've used a 2. The best I think is R4GE, as I think it is a good combination of letters and numbers. I also like SEAL TEAM 6

DeletedUser

I think the worst name is Hade5 Hoplite5. THe 5 hardly looks like an S, they might as well've used a 2. The best I think is R4GE, as I think it is a good combination of letters and numbers. I also like SEAL TEAM 6

d0346967-dc15-450e-973b-6a7adb0abf9d.jpg

DeletedUser

Worst Any name with mixed numbers/words and names with the CAPS lock left on (why shout?)

Best Bone Collectors :) (im biased)

DeletedUser24785

Barbarian Farms is better than Bone Collectors, but then i'm biased too,lol.:)

DeletedUser

I think the worst name is Hade5 Hoplite5. THe 5 hardly looks like an S...

I'm with you, what the hell is Hade5 Hoplite5...o wait they have a brother alliance called Hades Hoplites, how original...that ain't right another brother alliance, Had3s Hoplit3s what the hell! Why not start another, 4ades 4oplites or 11ades 11oplites. FYI there are other worlds with higher alliance caps.

DeletedUser

Best: I quite like Sons of Liberty, multiple words but i like the whole feel of the name. hope to see them grow a little more :) gl guys.

Worst: NO WAY, i mean... not only does there alliance description offend me but they had to go and cause war with us. I'm a peaceful guy, tut tut tut, Thumbs down for NO WAY

Just my Opinion :)

DeletedUser

BEST Dark Side Of The Moose
Also likeMonsters of Pudding

Worst SPQR & The300( are they going to have 5 sub-alliances to make up the other 250)

DeletedUser

It's been mentioned, but warrants repeating. The Brotherhood. Seriously? In every world I glance at there is at least 1, sometimes multiple variations. Come on people! Stop it!

DeletedUser14283

I quite like Shadow Syndicate even tho its a bit predictable lol.

Do not really like Final Destination... mainly because i thought those films were just terrible.