Beta Game Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This is an ingame mail i have recieved , also there are threads of this action in beta world forum

" We are not allowed to disclose this information via the forum, we have been told it has to be done individually (don't ask me why coz I don't know).

Members have spoken to both Betsy & ryanward08 about players taking over other peoples account. That would mean that if a big player in your alliance stops playing, you can get him to give a weaker player in your alliance his account, providing you let the moderators know first, and the weaker player sets his account to delete before he takes over the account.

So don't boot players from your alliance, just get them to give their accounts to a smaller player.

This is a transcript of some of the conversations that have gone on recently.

The Prince
2010-09-10 00:47:43
A moderator called ryanward08 has made a response to a question from our leader N3mesis concerning someone taking over another person’s account, that anyone can take the account over. Can you clarify something for me ? There is proof that someone has taken over the account of a player who had 35 cities in this world (beta), and is now playing those 35 cities. The clarification I want is that you accept someone can take over another person’s account, and use it themselves, as in the case that has been presented to ryanward08. Personally I spend between £50 and £100 a month buying gold to keep my account somewhere near the top of the list. However, if you are now saying that someone can just come in and take over someone else's account, including all the cities they have built up during the time the other person was playing, then I won't spend another penny on this game. There are a lot of other people who feel the same, and it will be advertised as to what you are allowing to happen. Unless the account of aznxasazn , which has now been taken over by someone called Jarpenguin (proof of which, has already been sent to you), is deleted, I will not spend anything further on this game.

I look forward to your response.
ryanward08
2010-09-10 14:31:44
Hello The Prince,

Yes we do allow this to happen. As long as the players let us know that this has happened, this is a standard procedure used on all worlds that applies to anyone regardless of points.

If you wish to advertise some form of negative feedback against this game, then I cannot stop you. Though I will not be going back on the decision I made either.

Sincerely,

ryanward08

I had a post about it deleted in the forum, and when I complained to Betsy, this was the response.

I had a discussion with **** and had told him that "It's meant to be word of mouth knowledge as we don't particularly want thousands of players giving their accounts to other players." Immediately after telling him this, you proceeded to make the information available to the entire Forum Community. Something I had specifically not wanted to happen. Therefore I deleted your thread. "

So, if you have any questions about it, contact either Betsy or ryanward08 "

Links to forums
http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=8257&page=6

http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=10360

Game mods agree to this , and i respectfully ask that this breach of rules be dealt with and the game mods who are crealry incapable of enforcing simple rule ( or dont want to ) be changed .

Respectfully
Rockhound
ryanward08
2010-09-11 22:04:57
Hello rockhound,

This is not a matter of moderators not being capable of enforcing the rules. We are doing what we have been asked to do by innogames staff. No moderators will be changed, actions may be taken to improve the descripton of the rules, though that is never guaranteed.

Sincerely,

RyanWard08

I think that this all makes it clear that the truth is double sided :D

DeletedUser

everyone can disobey the rules that are set out (even the word of mouth ones). The levels of banning depend on the severity of the breach, if you left traces, and or someone could prove a transaction happened, I expect that you would get a perma ban from the game, and have your IP blocked. If you follow the WoM guidelines that are set out, then if the guidelines are wrong, then it is not your issue, but that of the person that gave you them. However if you deliberately breach the guidelines, then you are responsible for your own actions.

Many people in this game and in T-wars get away with multi-accounting, simply because they know how to avoid the measures that the bots pick up on, yet that doesn't make it a legal practice. Therefore it depends on your definition of can.

If your definition is are you able, then yes you are, but if you get caught you will probably get your IP blocked from the game, and possibly even go under identity fraud or identity theft.

If your definition is allowed, then no you are not. Our alliance strictly goes by this policy, I cannot speak for others that use it.

DeletedUser

well then i think i might just quit too much rule bending going on here for my liking

DeletedUser

There is no rule bending contact a mod using a ticket and they will confirm it

DeletedUser

rule bending goes on in every MMORTS not just this one or just innogames. I have played some MMORTS's that are far worse on enforcing rulebreaking policies than here. As with all things, they rely strongly on people being reported.

Though I do find an alliance trying to boycott this particular "special circumstance", having used it themselves (Tburburn) a bit hypocritical. I do wonder if you would be saying the same thing if you were actually winning the war...

raptok: I was answering about my definitions of "can", and his response to that when I was talking rule bending (not this particular incidence)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Selling your account is wrong. I can see the ups and downs of account trading. I wish there was a set rule concerning account trading and that 'certain circumstances' be explained in the rule set.

It is not honorable for some players to know by WoM that account trading is legal. All players should know this is a valid option.

The Prince got 'punished' for that message RockHound. Please use care when bringing names, dates, and proof into circulation. I'm not sure why my post hasn't gotten axed... I suppose I might have worded the matter more diplomatically than The Prince.

-----

At this time, it would be best for a Mod to step in and update us.

Is Account Trading legal with Mods permission?
Will the rules be amended to reflect a new policy (no more WoM)?
What are the 'certain circumstances' that have been mentioned if Account Trading is legal?

DeletedUser

What are the 'certain circumstances' that have been mentioned if Account Trading is legal?

certain circumstances to me means it is up to the moderator's discrepancy whether they allow it or not, and it becomes illegal practice when the accounts are given without moderator knowledge and acceptance.

DeletedUser

I agree Kad but I would like a Moderator to answer this question.

I do not know if Tburburn had permission. (probably not) A few days ago, UAE reported one of it's players for using multiple accounts... that only hurt us 'against the war' but it's not honorable play.

DeletedUser

Ah this is causing a bit of a ruckus.

Oh, and zzig, quitting the game because "too much people cheat" is pretty idiotic. In every game you try, whether in real life or on the computer, you will have some cheaters.

DeletedUser1405

Is it me or is this thread repeating itself over and over again, the mods have answered the question if you have anymore questions on this send in a ticket.

DeletedUser

This is going to be closed and deleted as soon as a mod comes on

DeletedUser

Is it me or is this thread repeating itself over and over again, the mods have answered the question if you have anymore questions on this send in a ticket.

It's just you...
and Kad.

But seriously, this thread should be closed.
I guess that some people are just making a big deal of things (Not you DDay ;))

DeletedUser4013

DDay, and to all here, I hope that you can appreciate that this has been a sorely trying day for the Mod Team, and understand our reluctance at getting into these threads currently.

From what I personally understand of the issue of Account Trading (READ: MY OWN THOUGHTS) is that it is a little known and informal policy because of the anticipated numerous requests for this to be granted. As you can see from a lot of the posts, and quite possibly within Beta World (thanks to The Prince) many people feel that this is an unfair way to obtain what many have worked hard at getting. All that being said, please understand that we are looking into whether anything needs to be changed with regards to this.

Can I just ask that this thread die a peaceful death?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As far as I can make out, a rule shouldn't be kept a 'secret', just because it would cause moderators more work. Anyone who wants to become a moderator should realise that they have to do some 'extra' work, and not just play at being God. There is one simple thing to do, publish all the rules concerning the game, trading included, that way no-one could possibly complain. That may be too easy, but it's just a thought.

DeletedUser

As far as I can make out, a rule shouldn't be kept a 'secret', just because it would cause moderators more work. Anyone who wants to become a moderator should realise that they have to do some 'extra' work, and not just play at being God. There is one simple thing to do, publish all the rules concerning the game, trading included, that way no-one could possibly complain. That may be too easy, but it's just a thought.

+rep!

I have to agree with that. I hadn't even known about this being legal until Kad told me.

DeletedUser4013

As I said, this is not a rule, but an informal policy that Inno has. Therefore there is no 'rule' to publish. And as for increased work, that is an anticipation, not a reality. As for inferring that we play at being G-d, be very careful TP as that steps very close to the line of mod bashing.

Since this thread isn't going to die a quick or slow death and drop off the first page I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.