Better World

• Thread starter DeletedUser41096
  • Start date

DeletedUser41096

For those interested, the US.Grepolis is opening a speed 4 unit speed 4 no morale world on Wednesday for those who don't want to play a speed 2 world with this moderator team again.

See you there and good luck,

C
JFL

DeletedUser41523

Looks like you got your world. Good luck to you there.

DeletedUser8345

Is there any difference between the two servers?
I have to make a new account on the US servers and the gold I have on my EN server cannot be used.
Am I right or is there a way to transfer it there?

Silver Witch

Strategos
Is there any difference between the two servers?
I have to make a new account on the US servers and the gold I have on my EN server cannot be used.
Am I right or is there a way to transfer it there?

Yes I'm sorry it is not possible to transfer gold from one account to another.

DeletedUser8345

What I have done in the past, which as far as I know is perfectly legal, is traded gold from EN to US. Basically, ask around and find someone who has extra gold on the US server, and give them your EN gold in exchange. Do this through gold trading on a world.

Can anyone help me out with this?

curadh

Phrourach
Since gold trading system was screwed by Innos you can't transfer gold to anyone ... you can't even gift gold to a playerr in your alliance under attack. You can't sell res unless you spend all your time watching market instead of actually playing the game so not worth the effort anyway. If the change was to make players buy more gold I think it has backfired big time as every player I know has reduced what they are willing to spend ... I used to buy fair amount of gold and trade for a little, now I buy very little and trade not at all.

DeletedUser41096

Since gold trading system was screwed by Innos you can't transfer gold to anyone ... you can't even gift gold to a playerr in your alliance under attack. You can't sell res unless you spend all your time watching market instead of actually playing the game so not worth the effort anyway. If the change was to make players buy more gold I think it has backfired big time as every player I know has reduced what they are willing to spend ... I used to buy fair amount of gold and trade for a little, now I buy very little and trade not at all.

Correct, they have killed gold trading for any form of a gift or for anything other than inno making money at this point.

Won't be long before people begin creating bots to automatically refill the market and take all the gold for themselves, shame really.

Mole man 420

Phrourach

To an extent this is true- but if you really wanted to give it to one player in specific, it just requires a little bit of time and effort.

Gold trading system ( the new one i should say ) operates off what ocean your city you are trading from is located in.

So for example: If you have cities in ocean 54 - your gold trades you see will only be from other cities in ocean 54, and same for all other oceans.

THEREFORE: If you wish to trade to only one specific person, you would have to enter a world, colonize cities in an ocean completely unused ( Most likely on rock islands ) and build up a city or two out their, get the marketplace high enough so it doesnt take a year and a day to trade the gold, and do it that way. This would make it so that only you and the person you are trading with are in that ocean together - therefore when the person with the gold posts his trades, the only other person who will see it is anyone else in that ocean, which if you colonmzied in an empty ocean, would be the person your trading it with. A HASSLE YES!! but impossible.. no.

When theres a will though theres a way...

Personally, I like the new gold trading system. It benefits the extremely active players, for example in EN115, myself personally I made about 15-20k gold off the new trading system, where as off the old system I don't think I ever made anythimg more than a couple thousand gold in ANY world before. You just have to be extremely diligent and watchful of the marketplace, and catch it when someone posts their gold. Its a rat race for sure, and screws over the less active players who would go to worlds just to gold trade, build up a few cities, post trades in the market log back in a few hours and refill the marketplaces.

Now you have to be active and moniter it... Some love it some hate it, and i get why those who used to use the old system by just setting it and forgetting it in the sense of posting trades coming back later and redoing it now as opposed to having to have to actually watch the market... but it does benefit the active players. Soo... take it how you wanna? I don't fault INNO for this change at all..

archdude

Phrourach
To an extent this is true- but if you really wanted to give it to one player in specific, it just requires a little bit of time and effort.

Gold trading system ( the new one i should say ) operates off what ocean your city you are trading from is located in.

So for example: If you have cities in ocean 54 - your gold trades you see will only be from other cities in ocean 54, and same for all other oceans.

THEREFORE: If you wish to trade to only one specific person, you would have to enter a world, colonize cities in an ocean completely unused ( Most likely on rock islands ) and build up a city or two out their, get the marketplace high enough so it doesnt take a year and a day to trade the gold, and do it that way. This would make it so that only you and the person you are trading with are in that ocean together - therefore when the person with the gold posts his trades, the only other person who will see it is anyone else in that ocean, which if you colonmzied in an empty ocean, would be the person your trading it with. A HASSLE YES!! but impossible.. no.

Personally, I like the new gold trading system. It benefits the extremely active players, for example in EN115, myself personally I made about 15-20k gold off the new trading system, where as off the old system I don't think I ever made anythimg more than a couple thousand gold in ANY world before. You just have to be extremely diligent and watchful of the marketplace, and catch it when someone posts their gold. Its a rat race for sure, and screws over the less active players who would go to worlds just to gold trade, build up a few cities, post trades in the market log back in a few hours and refill the marketplaces.

Now you have to be active and moniter it... Some love it some hate it, and i get why those who used to use the old system by just setting it and forgetting it in the sense of posting trades coming back later and redoing it now as opposed to having to have to actually watch the market... but it does benefit the active players. Soo... take it how you wanna? I don't fault INNO for this change at all..

One can do it doesn't mean one will do it. People are playing a game... mostly for fun, but making roundabout methods just to get gold ruins the whole purpose of the game... to have fun. At this point it stops being fun and starts becoming bothersome.
Most people won't bother with such cumbersome matters hence the equivalent of gold trading being obsolete.

curadh

Phrourach

So you spend your time watching the market constantly for trade space ... good for you having so much time (can't be doing very much else if you have time for that rather than farming, attacking timing def, dealing with pm's forums etc etc ) so an active player that does little but watch markets OMG

Mole man 420

Phrourach
So you spend your time watching the market constantly for trade space ... good for you having so much time (can't be doing very much else if you have time for that rather than farming, attacking timing def, dealing with pm's forums etc etc ) so an active player that does little but watch markets OMG
Lmao - I mean if that's how you wanna take it- im also top 20 attacker in Side
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif
im not even top 50 city points wise because i dont spend money.. This wasn't really about that though - I can tell from your tone your upset about it , just adding my opinion - and no I don't stare at the markets , tbh in Side - their was a time frame where it was most active in the ocean i got the most gold out of... and also.. when we opped ppl.. gold miraculously showed up too ( whether it was our side or the enemy buying it I have no clue ) Again though, take it how you want... if your gonna take what i said and focus on one part of it and kinda twist it than of course it sounds dumb... but I didn't mean STARE at the market ALL day... nah bro... but when your farming every 40 minutes / or queuing an army... how difficult is it to open the market and take a quick look? When your lining up attacks, how hard is it to open up the market and take a quick look? Especially if theirs a time frame that generally is most active. In EN115, that time from was US eastern time 23:00:00 - 03:00:00 ... Im a night owl, and was always on at that time.. worked for me I guess... but other team mates said there was also a time during the afternoon that got pretty hot too .. I wasn't watching the market around those times as I was busy...

If your vigilant, observative and willing to work with what you got, you can make things work bro... just saying

Again, take it how you wanna ,
One can do it doesn't mean one will do it. People are playing a game... mostly for fun, but making roundabout methods just to get gold ruins the whole purpose of the game... to have fun. At this point it stops being fun and starts becoming bothersome.
Most people won't bother with such cumbersome matters hence the equivalent of gold trading being obsolete.
I do agree with you on this one - I was just getting at if theres a will theres a way - so to say that its impossible to gift gold to people, well that statement is only true to an extent unless your willing to put in the effort.

Like I also said trough, some will love this some will hate it - The old gold trading market had a lot of problems in my opinion . Not touching on how much of a money grabber Inno has turned this game into.. just speaking on the mechanics itself of how the market place works, and in my opinion I like the new way better, and know many people who don't use the externals who love it as well, but here in the externals you see people complain more than anything. You don't often see anyone say anything good, because lets be honest, VERY FEW people will come on the externals to compliment anything, but myself and several others actually love this new system.

Being an active team and this new system working better for active players, I like it... we no longer need to compete as much with the spenders if they can't control who the gold goes too when they spend it on res, they just have to post it and anyone online in that ocean is able to see it...

I can understand why some hate it... but theirs no pleasing everyone ..