Newspaper Bhrytos Biweekly~Issue II

• Thread starter DeletedUser46838
  • Start date

DeletedUser46838

I had received a message through PM saying "You're just making newspapers just to boast your alliance's popularity." This statement is not true as I try to make newspapers as unbiased as I could. Enjoy the newspaper!

p7d51Gi.png

By Rock5

Table of Contents

• Briefing

• Interviews

• Map of Alliances

• Score

• Tips on being a good newspaper writer

• Comics

• Rumors

• Game

Briefing

It has been roughly 3 weeks since the world started. There a few points I would like to make. Bambi went down in the rankings and the good alliances began to show their true selves. Redneck Avengers currently holds the lead but is tailed by Panic Attack. ROMAN REPUBLIC is also not far behind. Some other alliances that are heading upwards in the rankings include Impervious B*stards, Repossession Agents, and Fully Equipped Elite are also steadily going up in the rankings. Lastly, Reckless Disorder has merged with Panic Attack/Sleeping Beauty/Jungle.

Interviews

EnyoIII, Panic Attack

How do you like the world so far?

EnyoIII said:
Besides the fact that I have to level every farm by myself regardless of messages being sent out, Im enjoying it. I seem to be stuck in a place of very little communication and even less coordination. Its a little slow for my preference, but its plugging along. I think there will be some changes in the not to distant future.

Do you believe that your alliance will reach world wonders?

EnyoIII said:
So much for the easy questions, right to the daggers.
I would have to say its a bit early to determine that, but at the current participation rate, you can make your own assumptions.

Panic Attack has already reached the limit. Does your leadership plan to make a sister alliance, or did they close recruitment?

EnyoIII said:
No plans on a sister alliance, that I'm aware of. The few here that make the decisions, don't really make anything public for any of us, so I cant answer that. The little information I glean is from the externals.
More players are added as others go inactive, or leave, seems to be a constant "churn", for lack of a better term.

Have you declared war with any alliances yet?

EnyoIII said:
Alliance:

The war of the week is with RedNeck Avengers. Other wars that were declared just kind of sit there in a tab. A nass mail arrives with the latest directive, and bam...

Me personally:

No, I have not declared war on any alliances. Lol, but when I do....

What is the current score?

EnyoIII said:
Looks like RedNeck Avengers snatched an inactive and they are leading by one.
The old inactive trick. That ol gag.

Rumours have said that Panic Attacks is leading a coalition against. RedNeck Avengers. Is that true?

EnyoIII said:
I am really not at liberty to answer that, not only is that not my department, but the tabs change so much, I cant keep up with all the coalition stuff. I do like wearing red panties though.

Have you heard anything about wars that other alliances are having?

EnyoIII said:
No, not really. If it isnt launched at me, who cares.

To end the interview, what are your thoughts on gold trading and instant buy?

EnyoIII said:
I personally cant see spending 10 gold on 500 res ,that I can farm in less time, than delivery, but that's just me. As far as instant buy, It should Not be implemented. I understand the business end of the decision, but from player perspective it sux.
Overall, its pretty ridiculous to spend real money on code, but some players need it to be competitive. It takes work to do anything in this game, regardless of what is implemented. You still have to deal with the reality of time based. Im hungry for some Cecil.
Its almost like instant buy, is Innos way of reducing the loss that stemmed from the unintended consequence which came from players trading res for gold. Less people buying it maybe, and more people trading for it.

Minatomus, Repossession Agents

The world has been open for a few days now. What are your thoughts on it?

Minatomus said:
Well, I expected it to be a bit more challenging. It seems that this world is a bit slow, and lowly populated. However it is still too soon as this world is still shaping up, and more importantly more people are joining, other than that it should be fun!

Has your alliance declared war on anybody yet?

Minatomus said:

Do you see your alliance reach world wonders?

Minatomus said:
I'm not sure. Many players here have already won Pandosia, perhaps they may aim for another one? It's too early to look at WWs. At this point it would be more strategic to dominate our core than focus on long term plans.

Redneck Avengers and Repossession Agents have the same initials. Are they sister alliances or something?

Minatomus said:
No. We're not sister alliances, even though our initials are the same haha.

What alliances in your ocean do you think are going to be an obstacle?

Minatomus said:
I'm not sure to be honest.

Have you heard of other wars from other alliances?

Minatomus said:
Yes, war between the rednecks against Panic Attack... I'm sure Panic attack is having panic attacks everyday :D

Also Impervious bastards against Bambi, but I wouldn't call that a war, I'd say they were just farming them lol.

Repo Agents is filling up pretty fast. Is leadership going to create an academy or is the decision undecided?

Minatomus said:
Chances are no.

Final question:

What are your thoughts on gold trading and instabuy?

Minatomus said:
I honestly hate instabuy, I liked the old days of half construction times. Instabuy is more expensive and gives gold users incredible advantages, especially if the one who's using the gold is experienced.

I like the idea of trading resources for gold, players who can't afford using premium can farm a lot and trade their extra resources for gold while gold users can purchase them, of course the gold users get a higher advantage as they can buy a whole lot more resources, but nonetheless it can be good for both.

Alliance Map
4Tcxblj.png

dy2Xkiy.png

Scores

Redneck Avengers-Panic Attack2-0

Reposession Agents-Fear3-0

Impervious B*stards~Bambi/The Jungle Book2-0

Tips on how to be a good newspaper writer

• Set up deadlines~Always force yourself to finish your newspaper on time(Whatever that may be.) Failure to due that will make people feel unhappy.

• Show little to no bias~Bias is when you favor one thing over another. Newspapers should show little to no bias. If you do, then it turns into a propaganda article, and none of us wants that

• Put effort into it~Don't just directly copy and paste the whole interview into the newspaper. An example of that would be EN Tau Times.

• Add some color to it~Put some pictures in it or add a fancy title to it to make it more appealing to the public.

Comics

eSxZCcb.jpg

grepolis__brabaarth__batran99__part_1_by_eddsworldbatboy1-d55gv4d.png

MOM-SAID-GO-PLAY-OUTSIDE.jpg

Rumors: Letting You Decide

• The least active alliance is N.A.T.O with 64% active players in the last 24 hours.
  • One of the most popular players last week was joe green with 1 hits.
  • One of the most popular players last week was Hateriki with 1 hits.
  • One of the most popular players last week was Purior with 1 hits.
  • One of the most popular players last week was KID EGO with 1 hits.
  • The most active alliance is Repossession Agents with 98% active players in the last 24 hours.

The Wheel of Fortune~Round 1

Winner of Last Issue's Wheel of Fortune.

F3Dx4KA.png

FrostYeti, you will receive the prize shortly. A mail will also be sent.

Pick a number between 1 and 30 and for the next issue Winner will win following award:

1500 stone

Thank you for reading this issue. I hope that you enjoyed it. If you'd like, please give +rep and if you have any suggestions on how to improve the newspaper, just post below. Thanks!

There is actually 1 more interview to go. Just wait a few days and I'll add it in.

credits to Valkeneth for his wonderful Oracle Database.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48256

19 please.

3 weeks since the world started? It's been 11 days haha.

Good read nevertheless! (Must spread rep)

And we're (Repo) are now at war with Roman Republic as of yesterday, I believe the score is 2-0 at the moment.

DeletedUser46838

I don't though -.-

I only had 1 question that was similar to yours and that was accidental.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
how bout you come up with your own questions rather then stealing them from me
:rolleyes:

At this stage in the world. Anyone writing a newspaper, would have similar questions at this point. It's to early to ask about different things.

DeletedUser

What does this mean?

One of the most popular players last week

I know where it's from, but I don't know what "most popular players" means.

DeletedUser

19 please.

3 weeks since the world started? It's been 11 days haha.

Good read nevertheless! (Must spread rep)

And we're (Repo) are now at war with Roman Republic as of yesterday, I believe the score is 2-0 at the moment.

On a speed 2 world, 3 weeks is 11 days, right? I think that's how it works.

DeletedUser

""It has been roughly 3 weeks since the world started. There a few points I would like to make. Bambi went down in the rankings and the good alliances began to show their true selves. Redneck Avengers currently holds the lead but is tailed by Panic Attack. ROMAN REPUBLIC is also not far behind. Some other alliances that are heading upwards in the rankings include Impervious B*stards, Repossession Agents, and Fully Equipped Elite are also steadily going up in the rankings. Lastly, Reckless Disorder has merged with Panic Attack/Sleeping Beauty/Jungle.""

Gonna have to write a new one of these. Appreciate the work you're doing though.

DeletedUser46838

Update~

There are a few things I would like to talk about:

• What are your thoughts on the newspapers I've been making?
  • Any ideas/sections you guys want me to add to the newspaper?
  • Should we change the game from Wheel of Fortune to Name that Pixel, or should we keep the Wheel of Fortune?

DeletedUser9320

Hey Rock, not quite sure about improvements. I have liked the newspaper so far though. I would like to bring to your attention though that one person you interviewed, KingNOthing was a spy for RedNeck Avengers, so his conversation wasn't exactly balanced in his analysis of PA. Considering he did everything possible to sabotage PA...